Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5 things

Re: Top 5 things

"6. The team is on the right track for the first time in a long time."

........wow......so you are saying this team is better than the last what 10 years?
    Oh, you are talking about the Saints.......I get it. I thought we were talking about
    the Vikings on this board, though.

The Vikings will end this season no better than they have the last several years.
    I do like how our defense is getting better, but our offense is probably the worst
    since before Denny Green got here. That is NOT the right track.

"I can't say Troy was a wasted pick. He has felt the pressure this year. I've seen him make some great catches. I'm gonna stick my neck out on this one and say he's our leading reciever in two years with at least 65catches and 8tds."

Another.........wow. In two years Troy's next demotion will be to McDonald's. I could not believe Johnson kept throwing to him, even after the guy clearly showed he
    can not catch a football. If I were QB, I wouldn't even look in his direction after all
    the horrific drops. He is another Renaldo Nehemiah, fast guy that can't catch.

Actually, this was a good thread and I agree pretty much with everyone else.
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    I can't say Troy was a wasted pick. He has felt the pressure this year. I've seen him make some great catches. I'm gonna stick my neck out on this one and say he's our leading reciever in two years with at least 65catches and 8tds.
    What is your basis for this claim?
    Troy has been a wasted pick and if in his third year he catches 65 and 8tds (which WILL NOT happen) he is still a wasted pick.
    That is a good season, not great, and combined with his first two years, it in no way justifies a top ten pick.
    The guy is terrible.
    He might be the worst WR ever.

[color=red]

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

i am ashamed!hwo could you forget ben leber?!?!?!?!? *shocked* the guy has 2 takeaways each of the last two games plus he has a touchdown and a sack that rusulted in a touchdown!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Angel_Martin" wrote:
    "6. The team is on the right track for the first time in a long time."

........wow......so you are saying this team is better than the last what 10 years?
    Oh, you are talking about the Saints.......I get it. I thought we were talking about
    the Vikings on this board, though...
    You have to have the ability to think in a different time-scale.
    Yes, this team is on the way to being better than any team that has walked on the field for a long time.
    I stand firm on that and am not going to reiterate the points I've made countless times in other posts.

You're free to live in your fantasy world of doom and gloom.
    It is wrong.
    That, I am certain of.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    5. Erasmus James - Getting him back healthy next season will VASTLY improve our pass rush.
    No evidence of this based on his performance prior to getting hurt.

I actually think Ray Edwards is a better long-term option if he can keep his head on straight.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"MensaTice" wrote:
    "FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    I can't say Troy was a wasted pick. He has felt the pressure this year. I've seen him make some great catches. I'm gonna stick my neck out on this one and say he's our leading reciever in two years with at least 65catches and 8tds.
    What is your basis for this claim?
    Troy has been a wasted pick and if in his third year he catches 65 and 8tds (which WILL NOT happen) he is still a wasted pick.
    That is a good season, not great, and combined with his first two years, it in no way justifies a top ten pick.
    The guy is terrible.
    He might be the worst WR ever.

You mean worse than Mike Williams or how about Charles Rogers the # 2 pick in the 2003 draft, worse than both of those guys?

Plus dropped passes are such an overblown stat!
    Here are the dropped pass leaders and there are some pretty good receivers on that list, would you bench Darrell Jackson because he has dropped 10 or how about Steve Smith who has been a dropper his whole career?

1 Terrell Owens Dal 12
    2t
    Darrell Jackson Sea 10
    2t
    Troy Williamson Min 10
    4 Steve Smith Car 9
    5t
    Reggie Brown Phi 8
    5t
    Andre Johnson Hou 8
    5t
    Randy Moss Oak 8
    5t
    Reggie Williams Jac 8
    9t
    Bubba Franks GB 7
    9t
    Joey Galloway TB 7
    9t
    Devery Henderson NO 7
    9t
    Reggie Wayne Ind 7
    9t
    Roddy White Atl 7
    14t
    Alge Crumpler Atl 6
    14t
    Donald Driver GB 6
    14t
    Mack Strong Sea 6
    14t
    Brian Westbrook Phi 6
    18t
    Reggie Bush NO 5
    18t
    Chris Chambers Mia 5
    18t
    Chris Cooley Was 5
    18t
    Jerricho Cotchery NYJ 5
    18t
    Braylon Edwards Cle 5
    18t
    Larry Fitzgerald Ari 5
    18t
    Ahman Green GB 5
    18t
    Derek Hagan Mia 5
    18t
    Marvin Harrison Ind 5
    18t
    Joe Horn NO 5
    18t
    Michael Jenkins Atl 5
    18t
    Larry Johnson KC 5
    18t
    Brandon Jones Ten 5
    18t
    Matt Jones Jac 5
    18t
    Randy McMichael Mia 5
    18t
    Santana Moss Was 5
    18t
    Michael Pittman TB 5
    18t
    Donte' Stallworth Phi 5
    18t
    Benjamin Watson NE 5
    18t
    George Wrighster Jac 5

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Acumen

Well, I will say you have it HALF right. I do think the DEFENSE is on the right track to getting better, but that is only half a football team.

I would say without a doubt though our offense has completely gone in the
    WRONG direction and it is NOT on the right track. A lot of this has to do with
    extremely poor QB play, a hole that needs to be addressed during the off-season.
    I would like to see Jackson play if for no reason to see how high we will need to
    draft a QB for next year. If he plays well, I would say we still need to pick up
    another one.

The offensive line has not played very well at all this year. I did think they played
    pretty well against the Bears and there were some big holes for our running backs,
    but overall it has been a severe disappointment.

Our wide receivers need an upgrade, too. We lost some really good ones the
    last few years and our top ones currently are adequate. Williamson just might have
    the worst hands in the league.

YOU can live in the fairy tale world where the Vikings are on the right track,
    but I say take a look at the offensive statistics at the end of the year, compare them with the last 10 years and you will see this season's totals are at or near the bottom in just about every category. The offense is NOT on the right track. Nothing could
    be further from the truth.

At least we should get a pretty high draft pick again. I am thinking QB, OT or WR,
    how about you??
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Acumen

"Angel_Martin" wrote:
    Well, I will say you have it HALF right. I do think the DEFENSE is on the right track to getting better, but that is only half a football team.

I would say without a doubt though our offense has completely gone in the
    WRONG direction and it is NOT on the right track. A lot of this has to do with
    extremely poor QB play, a hole that needs to be addressed during the off-season.
    I would like to see Jackson play if for no reason to see how high we will need to
    draft a QB for next year. If he plays well, I would say we still need to pick up
    another one.

The offensive line has not played very well at all this year. I did think they played
    pretty well against the Bears and there were some big holes for our running backs,
    but overall it has been a severe disappointment.

Our wide receivers need an upgrade, too. We lost some really good ones the
    last few years and our top ones currently are adequate. Williamson just might have
    the worst hands in the league.

YOU can live in the fairy tale world where the Vikings are on the right track,
    but I say take a look at the offensive statistics at the end of the year, compare them with the last 10 years and you will see this season's totals are at or near the bottom in just about every category. The offense is NOT on the right track. Nothing could
    be further from the truth.

At least we should get a pretty high draft pick again. I am thinking QB, OT or WR,
    how about you??
    So you were happy when the offense was at the top and the defense wasn't?
    You think losing the majority of our games this year by one fucking score is a big deal?
    That is a patch, not an epidemic.
    Put that into the equation of Tarvaris coming up through the ranks and strides being made on the line....if you think rushing for ~200 yds against the #1 D in the league is bad then I can't help you.
    Yes there are problems, no they are not epidemics.

First year coaching staff, new schemes across the board....people are so quick to judge it is nauseating.
    Yes, the team is on the right track for the first time in a long time.
    If you thought for a second that a Meathead-led team was going anywhere that is fantasy land.
    He lead a good team to a below 0.500 record during his tenure.
    Mediocrity is not acceptable.

Watch and learn.
    Childress could end up being one of the best coaches in the league or one of the worse.
    Anybody that makes the call right now should stick to something that is more comforting, perhaps pong.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Well, I hope you are right and we ARE moving forward, but right now
    you would have a hard time convincing anyone other than someone wearing
    purple and gold sunglasses that our offense is better than any of our offenses
    over the last several years.

This season was a step back for the offense and a step forward for the defense.

NEXT year hopefully will be better. I think if you put even an average QB in there,
    the team will be better. I am not so sold on Jackson because he has not done anything yet, but I think he deserves a shot to see what he can do.

If he still looks like he isn't ready, we will have to address the QB concerns in
    the off-season. If we can pick up a good free agent or draft pick, that will
    help us out a lot!!
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

On the right track???

If you mean we cant be in worse shape and can only improve maybe.

Our QB situation is as bad as it gets. Hoping Tjack is the answer next year (if childress decides to even play him) is silly.

Our OLine continues to unpreform. They havent improved at all. The main reason our running game works is CT. The OLine is even worse at pass protection then they were in preseason.

Our WRs flat out suck. Much worse then we rhought at the beggining of the year.

Optomism is great, butsaying we are on the right track isnt very realistic.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast