Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5 things

Bretto is offline Rookie

Top 5 things

Top five people that destroyed our offense

#1 Koran Robinson-Our #1 receiver going in to this year has not played a single play for us.
    Thanks alot drunky.

#2 Troy Williamson- Our #2 receiver going in to this year has played beyond horrible this year. A disappointing draft pick.

#3 Brad Johnson-Not the game manager we were all led to believe he would be this year.
    Bad decision making, no skills to avoid pass rush, and lack of arm strength all add up to one of this years worst quarterbacks.

#4 Marcus Johnson- Another one of our disappointing draft picks at this time.
    Marcus has shown no consistant ability worthy of a starting lineman in the NFL.

#5 Brad Childress- It just makes sense that the head coach gets some of the blame for the disappointing performances by our players.
    He left us exposed in the receiver position and placed too much trust in Brad Johnson.
    His conservative gameplans and inability to adjust have contributed to a disappointing season.

Top 5 bright spots this season and looking into the future

Chester Taylor- So far he is easily one of the vikings best free agent pickups. 1,000 yard rusher, who we have undercontract for the next 3-4 years.

2. Mike Tomlin- Turned the teams weakness into its strength.
    Lets hope this guy sticks around in the future.

Cedric Griffin-
    Looks like a steal getting him in the 2nd round when we did.
    He is outperforming some of the CB's who were drafted ahead of him at this point.

I actually can't come up with a 4 and 5 right now and I have already put too much thought into this.
    Someone help me.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Top 5 things

"Bretto" wrote:

#1 Koran Robinson-Our #1 receiver going in to this year has not played a single play for us.
    Thanks alot drunky.

#2 Troy Williamson- Our #2 receiver going in to this year has played beyond horrible this year. A disappointing draft pick.

#3 Brad Johnson-Not the game manager we were all led to believe he would be this year.
    Bad decision making, no skills to avoid pass rush, and lack of arm strength all add up to one of this years worst quarterbacks.

#5 Brad Childress- It just makes sense that the head coach gets some of the blame for the disappointing performances by our players.
    He left us exposed in the receiver position and placed too much trust in Brad Johnson.
    His conservative gameplans and inability to adjust have contributed to a disappointing season.

Chester Taylor- So far he is easily one of the vikings best free agent pickups. 1,000 yard rusher, who we have undercontract for the next 3-4 years.

Cedric Griffin-
    He is outperforming some of the CB's who were drafted ahead of him at this point.

I actually can't come up with a 4 and 5 right now and I have already put too much thought into this.
    Someone help me.
    4. Chad Greenway - Getting him back healthy next season will only improve our LB depth.

5. Erasmus James - Getting him back healthy next season will VASTLY improve our pass rush.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Bretto" wrote:

Thanks alot drunky.

Cedric Griffin-

Someone help me.
    4. Chad Greenway - Getting him back healthy next season will only improve our LB depth.

5. Erasmus James - Getting him back healthy next season will VASTLY improve our pass rush.
    6. The team is on the right track for the first time in a long time.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

alberta_vike is offline Starter

I think Mewelde Moore has been a bright spot. He has made some nice plays and done what he is asked to do. He's been a good punt returner and third down back.

Ray Edwards has played really well for a 4th round pick ( I think it was 4th round, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now). Jayme Mitchell I think also has been good considering he was undrafted. Some of the rookies from this draft class actually look like they have pretty bright futures ahead of them, although I will have to wait and see on that one. I thought Williamson was going to have a huge year this season.

Ben Leber has made a ton of plays, as have the Williamses in the middle. Harris and Henderson have been solid as well.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Bretto" wrote:

Thanks alot drunky.

Cedric Griffin-

Someone help me.
    That's not entirely true. :-\

Our number one reciever was Wiggins. What is going on with this guy? Doesn't he fit Childress' coaching scheme?

Waste of talent, IMO.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"alberta_vike" wrote:
    I think Mewelde Moore has been a bright spot. He has made some nice plays and done what he is asked to do. He's been a good punt returner and third down back.

Ray Edwards has played really well for a 4th round pick ( I think it was 4th round, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now). Jayme Mitchell I think also has been good considering he was undrafted. Some of the rookies from this draft class actually look like they have pretty bright futures ahead of them, although I will have to wait and see on that one. I thought Williamson was going to have a huge year this season.

Ben Leber has made a ton of plays, as have the Williamses in the middle. Harris and Henderson have been solid as well.
    You're absolutely correct.

I never have had a problem with Moore. I always seen him as a threat when he has the ball in his hands.

With Fason, Moore, and Taylor, we have great RB depth.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "Bretto" wrote:

Thanks alot drunky.

Cedric Griffin-

Someone help me.
    That's not entirely true. :-\

Our number one reciever was Wiggins. What is going on with this guy? Doesn't he fit Childress' coaching scheme?

Waste of talent, IMO.
    Yeah, why they aren't throwing to him is beyond me!
    And I'm sure that it is pissing off Pologirl to no end!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Bretto" wrote:

Thanks alot drunky.

Cedric Griffin-

Someone help me.

He said, "Top five people that destroyed our offense"

Last time I checked, they played defense.

I can't say Troy was a wasted pick. He has felt the pressure this year. I've seen him make some great catches. I'm gonna stick my neck out on this one and say he's our leading reciever in two years with at least 65catches and 8tds.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

that destroyed our offense...

7. Mike Tice. Although Mike Tice has always been a top gun offensive line coach/guru, he was not good at drafting offensive linesmen. Not having Tice coaching the offensive line means we no longer have the right kind of genius to get mediocre offensive linemen (with exceptions) to play great.

No one could fix this entire mess in one year. Give Childress the benefit of the doubt.

Go Vikings!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast