Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: Top 5 Reasons We are 0-2 (and how to fix it)

"ragz" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    People keep saying that its chilly's bad playcalling but I don't believe that. He isn't able to open up the playbook with Tarvaris since he can't even make the most basic throws. He's constanly throwing it at their feet and under/over throwing his WR's. Why give him harder throws when he can't even make the basic ones? Not to mention he was constantly going through his checkdowns too quickly and dumping the ball off to the RB/FB and short passes to TE's when its 3rd and long. Like the play last week when we were backed up to like the 5 when its 3rd down and he tosses it to the RB 5 feet in front of him with LB's and a DE right there. His decision making is rediculous. I don't know whats wrong with him but this isn't the same T-Jack that I saw in the Denver game last year. Chilly needed to do something to light a fire under his jiggly butt and benching him was the best way to do it. If he wants to play he's going to have to perform.. Now I expect him to be named the starter before the season is over so chilly can see if he's taking it more seriously. Unless Gus performs miracles.
    I would say it's his "System" he's trying to force... not simply his playcalling.

It's an obvious trend that all starts with Childress' awful decision making. Here' an interesting article that was sent to me... read through this and then tell me it's Jackson's "ridiculous decision making".

The first thing Childress did after being hired in 2006 was to note that the Vikings were a contender and had a franchise quarterback in Daunte Culpepper.
    Promptly after saying that, Childress shipped Culpepper off to the Miami Dolphins. As Culpepper appears to be making a comeback with Raiders, this may or may not turn out to have been a good move. We’ll just say the jury is out.
    Childress then announced that veteran Brad Johnson would be his starting quarterback. Johnson had experience with the WCO and had helped the Vikings resurgence in 2005, but Childress failed to realize that Johnson had no more gas left in the tank. Johnson had a horrific year and was benched after only throwing 9 touchdowns against 15 interceptions and 9 fumbles. Ouch. Strike 1.

Childress had hand picked a backup quarterback in Mike McMahon. Childress had spent over a year working directly with McMahon when both were with the Philadelphia Eagles and signed McMahon to a 2 year, $2 million contract with a $400K signing bonus. A contract of that size suggested that McMahon was to be paid on the level of the highest paid backup quarterbacks in the NFL. Despite that, McMahon was so awful in the 2006 preseason that the Vikings waived him before the season started leaving the Vikings with a salary cap burden and without a proven backup quarterback. Strike 2.

Without a proven backup, the Vikings were forced to make a move. So the Vikes traded defensive tackle prospect C.J. Mosely and a draft pick to the NY Jets for the relatively unproven Brooks Bollinger. Childress knew Bollinger from their common history at the University of Wisconsin and four days after acquiring Bollinger, Childress rewarded him with a 2 year, $2.2 million contract extention, surpassing the amount they gave to McMahon. (Never mind the fact that Bollinger was already under contract and hadn’t done anything to deserve a contract extension) Yet this preseason, Bollinger stunk up the joint so badly that it quickly became apparent that he wouldn’t be a reliable backup quarterback either. Strike 3.

(To make matters worse, Mosely had 3 sacks in his last preseason game and by all accounts is a player on the rise)

But it doesn’t end with 3 measly strikes.
    [size=15pt]
    Story Continued...
    [/size]
    That article is amazing, how many fricken strikes is Chilly gonna get
    you know what marr, amongst others are gonna say?
    they were executive decisions and childress doesnt have that much pull or all the say.
    like we just accidently kept on getting players who suck and have ties to childress.
    if anyone is to blame for our messed up qb situation its childress.
    whether hes holding us back, or his ego making him think his kao can make a qb outta anybody.
    either way, he blows.
    i'm lazy, can somebody go back and find when the last time was one of our qbs had 250 yards passing and 2 tds or more.
    it has to go back to dante.
    unless johnson had one when he had to come from some kinda defecit, like in the buffalo game that first year.
    thats pretty sad when your head coach is a supposed offensive guy.
    Week 12 2006 Brad Johnson.
    27 for 41 271 yards and 3 TDs.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"Schutz" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    People keep saying that its chilly's bad playcalling but I don't believe that. He isn't able to open up the playbook with Tarvaris since he can't even make the most basic throws. He's constanly throwing it at their feet and under/over throwing his WR's. Why give him harder throws when he can't even make the basic ones? Not to mention he was constantly going through his checkdowns too quickly and dumping the ball off to the RB/FB and short passes to TE's when its 3rd and long. Like the play last week when we were backed up to like the 5 when its 3rd down and he tosses it to the RB 5 feet in front of him with LB's and a DE right there. His decision making is rediculous. I don't know whats wrong with him but this isn't the same T-Jack that I saw in the Denver game last year. Chilly needed to do something to light a fire under his jiggly butt and benching him was the best way to do it. If he wants to play he's going to have to perform.. Now I expect him to be named the starter before the season is over so chilly can see if he's taking it more seriously. Unless Gus performs miracles.
    I would say it's his "System" he's trying to force... not simply his playcalling.

It's an obvious trend that all starts with Childress' awful decision making. Here' an interesting article that was sent to me... read through this and then tell me it's Jackson's "ridiculous decision making".

The first thing Childress did after being hired in 2006 was to note that the Vikings were a contender and had a franchise quarterback in Daunte Culpepper.
    Promptly after saying that, Childress shipped Culpepper off to the Miami Dolphins. As Culpepper appears to be making a comeback with Raiders, this may or may not turn out to have been a good move. We’ll just say the jury is out.
    Childress then announced that veteran Brad Johnson would be his starting quarterback. Johnson had experience with the WCO and had helped the Vikings resurgence in 2005, but Childress failed to realize that Johnson had no more gas left in the tank. Johnson had a horrific year and was benched after only throwing 9 touchdowns against 15 interceptions and 9 fumbles. Ouch. Strike 1.

Childress had hand picked a backup quarterback in Mike McMahon. Childress had spent over a year working directly with McMahon when both were with the Philadelphia Eagles and signed McMahon to a 2 year, $2 million contract with a $400K signing bonus. A contract of that size suggested that McMahon was to be paid on the level of the highest paid backup quarterbacks in the NFL. Despite that, McMahon was so awful in the 2006 preseason that the Vikings waived him before the season started leaving the Vikings with a salary cap burden and without a proven backup quarterback. Strike 2.

Without a proven backup, the Vikings were forced to make a move. So the Vikes traded defensive tackle prospect C.J. Mosely and a draft pick to the NY Jets for the relatively unproven Brooks Bollinger. Childress knew Bollinger from their common history at the University of Wisconsin and four days after acquiring Bollinger, Childress rewarded him with a 2 year, $2.2 million contract extention, surpassing the amount they gave to McMahon. (Never mind the fact that Bollinger was already under contract and hadn’t done anything to deserve a contract extension) Yet this preseason, Bollinger stunk up the joint so badly that it quickly became apparent that he wouldn’t be a reliable backup quarterback either. Strike 3.

(To make matters worse, Mosely had 3 sacks in his last preseason game and by all accounts is a player on the rise)

[size=15pt]
    Story Continued...
    [/size]
    they were executive decisions and childress doesnt have that much pull or all the say.
    like we just accidently kept on getting players who suck and have ties to childress.
    whether hes holding us back, or his ego making him think his kao can make a qb outta anybody.
    either way, he blows.
    i'm lazy, can somebody go back and find when the last time was one of our qbs had 250 yards passing and 2 tds or more.
    unless johnson had one when he had to come from some kinda defecit, like in the buffalo game that first year.
    That is so lame we go have to go back almost 2 years for a game like that.... when is the chiller gonna get fired?

I'd say

1. Coaching/Playcalling
    2. Dropped Balls
    3. Receivers that drop balls not getting open
    4. Bad/Young/Poorly coached(whichever one you want to pick) throwing to receivers who can't catch or get open
    5. Pass defense hasn't improved (pass rush and big plays downfield)

ragz is offline GM

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=hav0x link=topic=48001.msg840265#msg840265 date=1221868179]

[size=15pt]
    Story Continued...
    [/size]
    either way, he blows.
    That is so lame we go have to go back almost 2 years for a game like that.... when is the chiller gonna get fired?
    [/quote]
    thats amazing cuz they benched him 2 weeks later.
    and we threw 41 passes in a game?
    either the team we played was terrible or we were playing from behind.
    thats the only way i see that happening
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

"nailhead77" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    Lack of committment from the fans
    We play in a dome
    Ugly cheerleaders

No Grain Belt Premium beer vendors
    Peeing in troughs

=Z=

LMAO!

hahahahhaha

Yea thats true though we do have some ugly cheerleaders, Ive been to plenty of stadiums and our have been the worst.
    THAT OLD LADY IS NOT ME..HAHA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234