Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GoPackGo989 is offline Waterboy

Top 5 NFL quarterbacks ranked (By a Pack fan)

1. Daunte Culpepper - Dominance. Potential to be the greatest of all-time
    2. Peyton Manning - Just a little behind Pepp
    3. Brett Favre - It's unfortunate that he's forced to try to do it all. If the defense was better, he wouldn't have 6 picks, I guarantee it.
    4. Donovan McNabb - Unlike Culpepper, he NEEDS Terrell Owens to perform this well. Guys like Favre and Culpepper can perform great with other guys like Driver, Ferguson, Burleson, Campbell etc.
    5. Steve McNair

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Is everyone jumping on the Culpepper bandwagon or is it just me?

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

I agree with that list for the most part. However I would put McNabb before Favre. That is for this year alone though. If it was 2 or even 1 year ago I would have favre before McNabb and Cully, but so far this year I think McNabb has been overall better than Favre. Once again its not a stab at packer fans. Its sad, i feel like I need to put this disclaimer on all of my messages. But yeah, i never mean disrespect to Favre. He was one of the best.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

fan4favre is offline Starter

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    I agree with that list for the most part. However I would put McNabb before Favre. That is for this year alone though. If it was 2 or even 1 year ago I would have favre before McNabb and Cully, but so far this year I think McNabb has been overall better than Favre. Once again its not a stab at packer fans. Its sad, i feel like I need to put this disclaimer on all of my messages. But yeah, i never mean disrespect to Favre. He was one of the best.
    Are we going by stats or overall ability? I have no respect for Mcnabb just because the media wants him to do well and will try to idolize him at any cost. Favre is better than him by a long shot by leadership and ability alone. As for other intangibles, well that is a another conversation.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

"fan4favre" wrote:
    "Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    Are we going by stats or overall ability? I have no respect for Mcnabb just because the media wants him to do well and will try to idolize him at any cost. Favre is better than him by a long shot by leadership and ability alone. As for other intangibles, well that is a another conversation.

I'm talking about overall ability. I agree with you that McNabb is getting covered way too much. It almost seems like McNabb is paying the media to give him so much coverage. I'd give the leadership and throwing ability to Favre up against McNabb. There are also two things I would give to McNabb though.

1. Mistakes: Favre shows spurts of greatness, and then breaks down and throws game-changing interceptions. If he could stay in the zone like he used to, then he would have this over McNabb.

2. Pressure: I know a lot of the Favre fans arepuzzled when I say that McNabb beats Favre under pressure. Favre has been known for 4th quarter drives, but ever since Philly last year, he has not been the same. He puts too much pressure on himself then forces the pass into an INT, much like Cully did a few years back.

In his prime, I would have given the ball to Favre on a 4th quarter drive. But this season I would wrather have McNabb leading the offense for a game winning drive. Favre is too uneven, you basically get a great drive, perfectly done for a game winning TD, or a horrible attempt resulting in nothing with Favre, and thats not a risk I would want to take. When Favre takes all the pressure on himself he plays horribly, but when he approaches the huddle with an even head he is one of the most lethal QBs in the league.

Wow, a bunch of jumbled thoughts, le t me sum it up. I would wrather have McNabb because he has a fairly even headed approach to the game. Favre is too spotty, either he is unstoppable, or immobile.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Top 5 NFL quarterbacks ranked (By a Pack fan)

"GoPackGo989" wrote:
    1. Daunte Culpepper - Dominance. Potential to be the greatest of all-time
    2. Peyton Manning - Just a little behind Pepp
    3. Brett Favre - It's unfortunate that he's forced to try to do it all. If the defense was better, he wouldn't have 6 picks, I guarantee it.
    4. Donovan McNabb - Unlike Culpepper, he NEEDS Terrell Owens to perform this well. Guys like Favre and Culpepper can perform great with other guys like Driver, Ferguson, Burleson, Campbell etc.
    5. Steve McNair
    KInda questionable about mcnair now. I know hes still good but hes not performing well with all those injuries he indures. I would have agreed with ya last season being the mvp but this year is totally different. I would replace him with brady probably since hes been doing outstanding.

Farve is questionable as well, although he did make that amazing throw on fourth down for a td though. Thats all that sticks out for him this season. lmao.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I have always said (check my posts) that Culpepper is the best thing you guys have going, and I said this even at the end of last season when all of the Frerrotte Idiots (kind of like our Nall Idiots) were petitioning to have Pepper benched.

Am i convinced he could be the best all-time? Not yet, and really, not even close. Best Viking all time...maybe.

Pepper has had a lot of struggles, and this year, he has a lot going for him on offense. There's been a lot of quarterbacks who have had one-season wonders (think Gannon two years ago, or Warner, or even Garcia).

To be in the running for best all-time, I think Pepp has to at least make it to a Super Bowl and prove he can win some big games. Playoffs are where you are defined as the best all-time, not playing Detroit and Chicago and Houston.

Is he the best in the league this season? Un questionably. I have him on my fantasy team, and he's keeping me afloat single-handedly.

Let's see how the Vikings END the season, then we'll talk about Culpepper's place in history. For now, just enjoy the ride.

By the way, I would have ranked Favre down a bit, also. I think right now it is Pepper, Manning, McNabb, then Favre falls back in a group with Hasselback, Pennington, Vick, and Mcnair.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

What? No mention of Tom Brady? All the guy does is win! Right now, I'd rank him ahead of McNair.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

"purplepat" wrote:
    What? No mention of Tom Brady? All the guy does is win! Right now, I'd rank him ahead of McNair.
    I see Brady as a product of his offense and his schemes. He is a good quarterback who looks fantastic because of the system. Take him out and I don't think he's as effective.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

1. Peyton Manning - superbowls up the ying yang if he had a D
    2. Tom Brady - Does have superbowls up the ying yang
    3. Culpepper - MVP this season so far
    4. McNabb - top 5 this season
    5. Chad Pennington and Vick: look at their team's records with and without them. HUGE difference

Big Ben Rothlesburger is really doing well too, but as a rook you cant throw him up there yet.

Sorry Pack fans, Favre would normally be up there but this year he blows so far.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast