Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Re:Top 5 list of tough losses - a new leader.

so do u think that we could have beaten the colts had we beat the saints?

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

This thread is painful. No one has the same responses.

I think the most recent game will only sting until we get back to the game next year, and win it.

1998 still makes me mad.

Arizone game was bad. How about some of the losses to the Giants? There is also one lose to the Ravens on xmas that literally ruin xmas for me that year.
    We're bringing purple back.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach

michaelmazid wrote:
    so do u think that we could have beaten the colts had we beat the saints?
    We nearly beat them at the dome last year with Jackson. We lost 18-15, getting out scored 11-0 in the 4th, Vinatieri kicked a GW FG at the gun (another painful loss). If we didn't settle for 5 FG's or if Longwell didn't miss the 6th, we would've beat them. AP had 160yds, and Jackson was benched for Frerotte after that game.

Our defense held Manning in check, shut them out in the 1st half, and picked him twice, but then he got hot in the 2nd half (or we got soft?), and he ended up with 300yds.

The way we dominated the Saints, I think we had a good chance, but it is Manning, and he just picked apart 2 of the best defenses in the league (Ravens, Jets). I just know it sure would've been damn nice to find out, but then again, it might have ended up being #1 on our tough losses list lol.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

It's gonna take a lot to top '98 for me
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I put this loss right up there behind the four Super Bowls then followed by the pie's-Pearson loss. The rest are all tossed into a blob of frustration.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Flidais is offline Rookie

Tad7 wrote:
    It's gonna take a lot to top '98 for me
    I agree. There is no epic failure like an epic failure at your home field in front of your own fans.

For me, this year doesn't even come close.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

98 for sure...knowing your the best team in the NFL, only to piss it down your legs an home. I will never get over that one. I didn't know if we were better than the Saints until the game. In the end, it was coach both times that lost us those games ><

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I cannot include the '98 game, I never had the feeling that the team was nothing more than hype with little work on fixing the defensive woes. A bandaid team. That year was exciting, but I didn't and still don't think that team came close to comparing to the talent of the '75 team or the '09 team. Not even close.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet wrote:
    I cannot include the '98 game, I never had the feeling that the team was nothing more than hype with little work on fixing the defensive woes. A bandaid team. That year was exciting, but I didn't and still don't think that team came close to comparing to the talent of the '75 team or the '09 team. Not even close.
    I actually almost put 2009 ahead of it too because for some reason I felt this team WAS GOING TO WIN IT ALL.

In 1998 I actually did not think we were going to beat the Broncos and I was glad we "ducked" the 49ers (of course that did not turn out well). Something did not feel right about that team.

All in all though, the loss in the fashion it happened was still shocking. I would say slightly more shocking than in N.O. this weekend.
    None

Purplefeet is offline Training Camp

Mine are as follows:

1. 2009 NFC Championship-this game was so painful because we outplayed the Saints so much. Also because AP just can't seem to STOP wanting the home run so bad he forgets the ball. And Childress gets predictable...again....and runs two times in a row, then decides to be tricky and confuses his own players and gets 12 man penalty.

2. 1998 NFC Championship-this game the Vikings own but Green got scared after fumble at end of 2nd quarter. From that point on he played to no lose and never let the the guys play.

3. 1975 Hail Mary-I hate Pearson to this day.

Those three are all I will list because to me, they a far more painful than anything else.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast