Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    dfosterf is offline Coach

Re: Top 5 games of the Childress Era

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1079896
    I will always remember Chilly for the beat down we took from the Pack at home this year. Unacceptable.
    Ya, that had to hurt. Everything was going fine until that idiot Chilly called that interception play. Chilly wanted to change the momentum of the entire game, I guess. Anyway, that's fixed now. :P

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1079897
    I will always remember Chilly for the beat down we took from the Pack at home this year. Unacceptable.
    Ya, that had to hurt. Everything was going fine until that idiot Chilly called that interception play. Chilly wanted to change the momentum of the entire game, I guess. Anyway, that's fixed now. :P
    Where have you been? Players and coaches are coming out against Chilly but you go ahead and try to blame Favre. You know the guy that took us to the NFC Championship game. The Gerhart fumble was the momentum swing. Period.

On a different note, maybe Rodgers will actually win a playoff game this year.

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1079898
    Where have you been? Players and coaches are coming out against Chilly but you go ahead and try to blame Favre. You know the guy that took us to the NFC Championship game. The Gerhart fumble was the momentum swing. Period.

Your boy Sid says you need better players. I believe he characterized those that felt differently as "imbeciles", both the fans and the media. He further went on to ask the rhetorical question of the entire legion of media types if ANY of them knew Childress--- He got crickets in response.

He said that he does.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/?elr=KArksi8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc%3A_Yyc%3AaUQ7c4E7ME 5U

He might be right, he might be wrong, but he is a lot closer to the situation than I am... or you are.

Your boy Brett is the next to last rated QB in the NFL as of this writing, and that would be 32nd of the 33 that are rated.

Sooner or later you will run out of excuses and/or reasons. Brett was absolutely outstanding last year--In spite of Chilly, I guess, according to you.

That was last year. Oh, btw--you even whipped out refs as an excuse this year, something you told me you NEVER do, the excuse tank has got to eventually go dry, Mars.

MARR has been one of THE most accurate posters in this place, and that has to really fry you and the Favre cabal. He's probably recalculating his spread-sheet trying to figure out how to put enough basement columns in it to include your boy Brett.B)

...The poor guy is cursed with the need for objectivity in a sea of posters that find the very idea somewhat revolting unless it looks like it might actually have anything to do with their own prejudices and homerism.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

And the 34- donut at GB a few years back. Despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1079901
    Well, my NFC North champion hat is quite sad looking, Uffda--it has rust on it, and Chilly had something to do with that too.

Sorry for getting into it with Timmy-- He is just so [strike]deluded[/strike]

[strike]irritating[/strike] [strike]predictable[/strike]inaccurate. :laugh:

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1079903
    Well, my NFC North champion hat is quite sad looking, Uffda--it has rust on it, and Chilly had something to do with that too.

I would say that it would be a hell of a lot more rusty and for much longer if not for childress.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1079904
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1079903

I would say that it would be a hell of a lot more rusty and for much longer if not for childress.
    I am not sure of that. Really. I'm not defending Chilly, per se--

...And it disgusts me when some on here say my commentary is because I am a Puker fan and want you to have a shitty coach--I KNOW that many Puker fans feel like that- I'm not one of them.

I don't like the inmates running the asylum. It's an old school perspective. I grew up with Vince (and Bud for an adversary) -- I read what some say about all that, and will just have to agree to disagree.

Just because so many are so sure that he was a crappy coach doesn't make it so. The talent he brought is one strong indicator that he isn't as crappy as everyone is so convinced he is. His overall record is another. The classically "BAD BRETT" year is yet one more. Your new interim head coach's d isn't so hot, either--and someone please tell that "brilliant" fella (Leslie) that there is no such word as irregardless, will ya? :dry:

Chilly and co. will be spending their Christmas with the Reid family, btw--when I mentioned he might be more respected by his contemporaries than what is perceived around here, I was told to provide a link. There is a real link, instead of your internet one.

Cowherd put it best. He drew an analogy between the Vikes/Chilly/Favre/Moss and co. and the young bucks that fly by you on the highway on their Japanese crotch-rockets. You are cruising along, doing your 65 in the four door, and they all pass you like a freight train leaving a hobo...

Initially, you think, "Man, I'd like to have that...." Then you realize---

"That's probably going to end badly."

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1079899

Your boy Sid says you need better players. I believe he characterized those that felt differently as "imbeciles", both the fans and the media. He further went on to ask the rhetorical question of the entire legion of media types if ANY of them knew Childress--- He got crickets in response.

He said that he does.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/?elr=KArksi8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc%3A_Yyc%3AaUQ7c4E7ME 5U

He might be right, he might be wrong, but he is a lot closer to the situation than I am... or you are.

Your boy Brett is the next to last rated QB in the NFL as of this writing, and that would be 32nd of the 33 that are rated.

Sooner or later you will run out of excuses and/or reasons. Brett was absolutely outstanding last year--In spite of Chilly, I guess, according to you.

That was last year. Oh, btw--you even whipped out refs as an excuse this year, something you told me you NEVER do, the excuse tank has got to eventually go dry, Mars.

MARR has been one of THE most accurate posters in this place, and that has to really fry you and the Favre cabal. He's probably recalculating his spread-sheet trying to figure out how to put enough basement columns in it to include your boy Brett.B)

...The poor guy is cursed with the need for objectivity in a sea of posters that find the very idea somewhat revolting unless it looks like it might actually have anything to do with their own prejudices and homerism.
    First of all, your link is bad. Sid Hartman? Are you serious? I don't know many people who take him seriously, especially your hero Marrdro. I never even read the guys articles. Bunch of crap IMO. Who cares if he knows Chilly. What does that have to do with "better players"?

Bevell knew him. He was his offensive coordinator. He had some encouraging things to say about the Chiller. He is closer than us all to the situation.

Reality is that I have blamed Favre for many things. You and other Favre haters fail to comprehend that. Others can see.

Yes I did pull out the refs excuse. So did the rest of the nation except Packer fans. I wonder who the blind ones are.

Marrdro is far from one of the most accurate around here. If you could please back up that statement with links or quotes I would be more than happy to take a look at it. Marrdro has great ideas and I love him to death but he is cursed with blind hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1079946
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1079899

He said that he does.

First of all, your link is bad. Sid Hartman? Are you serious? I don't know many people who take him seriously, especially your hero Marrdro. I never even read the guys articles. Bunch of crap IMO. Who cares if he knows Chilly. What does that have to do with "better players"?

Bevell knew him. He was his offensive coordinator. He had some encouraging things to say about the Chiller. He is closer than us all to the situation.

Reality is that I have blamed Favre for many things. You and other Favre haters fail to comprehend that. Others can see.

Yes I did pull out the refs excuse. So did the rest of the nation except Packer fans. I wonder who the blind ones are.

Marrdro is far from one of the most accurate around here. If you could please back up that statement with links or quotes I would be more than happy to take a look at it. Marrdro has great ideas and I love him to death but he is cursed with blind hatred.
    If you spent half the time listening/reading instead of talking, you'd be better informed. The MST doesn't allow for a direct link. It is Sid's weekly Vid on "coaches"-- It is obvious you didn't bother to watch it, instead opting for an adhomenim attack on him, as you do Marr, as you do me (sometimes).

I'm not a Favre hater. I'm the guy that first gave you the heads up that you might get your boy afterall in the big thread, and laughed WITH you, not AT you, during that whole "phase". Marr can speak for himself on that.

Back to Sid, he is referring MOSTLY to the ones MISSING (along with some shit-box DB play--legitimate, imo)

All I'm trying to do is give Chilly one small voice referencing some reasonably mitigating factors regarding his legacy and firing. The bottom line to me is," a pretty smart fellow that made some pretty dumb decisions," both on and off the field.

I think he recognized some of his own shortcomings regarding his human interactions with his players, and I seem to recall that he was like the 1st HC to establish a players committee or whatever he called it back in 2006-- the year he cut your other WR-- I could be wrong on the year, but I rememember he tried.

Where you and I would part company is the part about Brett and Chilly.

You (all?) blame Chilly--- I blame Brett, to a large degree. We will NEVER meet in the middle ground on that. So be it. It has NOTHING to do with me being a Puker fan, or a so-called "Favre hater". Favre undermined Chilly, from what I actually saw and heard with my own two eyes and ears---you (all?) saw and heard the exact same things, yet see it a totally different way.

Fair enough.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

That suck-ass display of play calls could've been on Bevell's namesake with Childress at fault for allowing it or it could have been the fault of Childress for changing what was called.

We won't know until we see a few games with Bevell calling plays........

or will it be Favre?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast