Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Top 3 Vikings all time: QB Edition

Well since it is the off season and most of us, including me wishes the draft was tomorrow. So i figured lets look at who we all think we would rate as he top 3 position by position. Figured to start first with the QB's, and hope this doesn't turn into the next TJack debate. So post your lists and if you want give a reason as to why.

1. Tarkenton-To me he was the best to play the game at Qg for the Vikes

2. Kramer-To minute, two many what ever we called him he was a very Good QB

3. Cunningham-Debated this one alot with about 4 other players. Yeah he was here for only a short time but waht a season 1998 was.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Top 3 Vikings all time: QB Edition

You dare leave the legendary Sean Salisbury off that list?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

how dare u leave jeff george off this list lol

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Culpepper has to be on the list. Sure it was short lived but he started the pro-bowl as a rookie. The guy was a complete beast when he was on. I loved watching players try to tackle him and they would be the ones lying on the ground long after the play was over.
    (Let the bashing commense)

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    how dare u leave jeff george off this list lol
    He was right uo there with Spergeon Wynn

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Culpepper has to be on the list. Sure it was short lived but he started the pro-bowl as a rookie. The guy was a complete beast when he was on. I loved watching players try to tackle him and they would be the ones lying on the ground long after the play was over.
    I strongly thought of him for 3. He wa probably 3a

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    My main problem with adding Culpepper to this list is he only was good at two things:

Accurate deap ball
    Ability to break a tackle on a scramble

If we didn't have Moss on the team his rookie year I would guarantee you he didn't make the probowl, or much less even a name for himself.

With that said, he did do great things for our team (when he was "on") and he has to be ranked way up on the lists of all QBs that played for the Vikings...just not certain he is worthy of a number 3 spot.

1. Fran Tarkenton - Will always be known as the greatest Vikings QB ever or at least until we run a string of Superbowls.

2. Joe Kapp - may have QB'd arguably the best Vikings team ever.

3. Tie: Cunningham/Culpepper/Johnson - They each had their strong points…but no Superbowl

Just my opinion but until someone gets us to the Promised Land and a Lombardi Trophy, #3 will always be a tie no matter who it is.
    It all starts up front

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    My main problem with adding Culpepper to this list is he only was good at two things:

Accurate deap ball

If we didn't have Moss on the team his rookie year I would guarantee you he didn't make the probowl, or much less even a name for himself.

With that said, he did do great things for our team (when he was "on") and he has to be ranked way up on the lists of all QBs that played for the Vikings...just not certain he is worthy of a number 3 spot.
    Same could be said for Cunningham

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

Accurate deap ball

Same could be said for Cunningham
    Yeah but Pep also had an MVP type season, the only reason he didn't get it was thanks to Peyton breaking the records.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast