HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Top 100 Players Of 2013

Number 70: Vikings linebacker, Chad Greenway
    Click here for video PRESENTED BY: Chad Greenway, Jared Allen, Harrison Smith, Kyle Rudolph

Happy to see Greenway get some recognition. Like they say in the video, he's a tackling machine.
    2010 - 4th most tackles in the NFL
    2011 - 3rd most tackles in the NFL.
    2012 - 2nd most tackles in the NFL.
    ... and nothing could be more fitting than 1st place this upcoming season. That would be perfect.

Percy Harvin also made the list at number 90.

I'm expecting to see Jared Allen and Adrian Peterson on this list as they count it down, but I also think that Matt Kalil, Blair Walsh, and John Sullivan should be there too. Kyle Rudolph might also have a chance. He led the NFC tight ends in touchdowns afterall. I will not be surprised to see Adrian at number one.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    I'm glad to see Chad get his props. And I think we can be reasonably certain that Peterson and Allen will be there, much higher up, I suspect. As for the rest... not so sure.

Not that they are undeserving, mind you. But Smith and Kalil are both only going into their second year in the league and have not yet had the exposure. Sullivan might be there but I'd had expected him to show up below #70, as Center is hardly a glamour position.

One other you did not mention who certainly deserves consideration, but again is not at a glamour position, is Jerome Felton. He is definitely among the tops at his spot, but true Fullbacks are becoming rarer.

If I were a betting man, I would lay odds only on AD and JA. Given what I have already stated plus the undeniable anti-Vikings bias in any of this sort of poll, I doubt anyone else will be there.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    I'm glad to see Chad get his props. And I think we can be reasonably certain that Peterson and Allen will be there, much higher up, I suspect. As for the rest... not so sure.

Not that they are undeserving, mind you. But Smith and Kalil are both only going into their second year in the league and have not yet had the exposure. Sullivan might be there but I'd had expected him to show up below #70, as Center is hardly a glamour position.

One other you did not mention who certainly deserves consideration, but again is not at a glamour position, is Jerome Felton. He is definitely among the tops at his spot, but true Fullbacks are becoming rarer.

If I were a betting man, I would lay odds only on AD and JA. Given what I have already stated plus the undeniable anti-Vikings bias in any of this sort of poll, I doubt anyone else will be there.

I remember last year they stuck Vontae Leach on there as the only FB, and all the analysts were like WTF!?

Yeah, he's one of the best at his position, but I have a hard time putting a FB on the top 100 players over other guys like say Matt Ryan, who last year did not make the list at all.

It depends how you construct the list, which is a problem. Even the analysts disagree with how the list is made. Some think it's the top players on this upcoming year, some think it's top players over their career. Some think it's top players last season. Guys like MJD and Revis made the list with minimal playing time last year. Stephen Tulloch made it in the 60's. It's an odd list with really no logical order.