Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: top 10 teams to not make the Super Bowl

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    I am sorry but the #1 all time team never to go to the super bowl is........................
    The 1975 Minnesota Vikings!!

They were better than any of our four teams that represented us and on paper better top to bottom than any other team that year besides Pittsburgh (I think we were pretty even with them).

I think if it weren't for the Hail Mary pass (the Drew Pearson offensive pass interference play) we may have had a super bowl victory in the 1976 Super Bowl!
    That ref should have been tared and feathered!!!
    He even called defensive pass interference if you can believe it.

I agree with you completely on that one. That team was the best in the league that year IMO and had the best shot of any team to win the SB.

In '88 when we drove to the goal line and Darrin Nelson screwed up a great chance for a go ahead touchdown against the Skins it was just as devastating and we had a great shot at a SB victory there too.

When the Falcons scored right before the half, I shut off the game and went down the basement to work. I told my wife that I didn't want to hear any updates because I knew at that point that the game was over.

I hate having to be so hard on Chilly but dad gummit, I just want them to dig down deep and just win one of these games.So until that happens, I am going to be a cantankerous,cranky fan lol.

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

Bad clock management, pure and simple. The hole in my living room wall from my fist is still there......and I'm a drywall guy! Thanks Denny

moviking is offline Training Camp

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    I am sorry but the #1 all time team never to go to the super bowl is........................
    The 1975 Minnesota Vikings!!

They were better than any of our four teams that represented us and on paper better top to bottom than any other team that year besides Pittsburgh (I think we were pretty even with them).

I think if it weren't for the Hail Mary pass (the Drew Pearson offensive pass interference play) we may have had a super bowl victory in the 1976 Super Bowl!
    That ref should have been tared and feathered!!!
    He even called defensive pass interference if you can believe it.

I was wondering if anyone had the link to the first page for #'s 20-11.
    I agree, our best chance of winning a Super Bowl was 1975! We had the most complete team of that era at that point! I would have loved to have had one more shot at the Steelers. I know most everyone thinks we got our ass handed to us in SBIX, but if you really look at it....what did the Steelers do on offense? They had one drive.....the last one that stuck the nail in the coffin. The first TD was a result of a short field because of the botched KO return. If Gilliam hangs onto a ball....if we dont fumble in close, if Tark and Osborne dont bobble a hand off.....the list is maddening. Every score was a result of a one in a hundred bounce. I;ve played that game on board games and on Madden a million times, we could beat those chumps!

If 75 wasnt our best shot, 87 would have been our next best shot but with Kramer at QB instead of Wilson. We could have taken the Broncos that year.
    98......by the time that game ended and the injuries we had on an already suspect defense, we would have had to win a score fest because we could not have slowed the Broncos down and I am not sold on Cunningham being able to pull it off after his second half meltdown vs the Falcons.
    01......please.....no chance! The Gump would have seen to that against the Ravens!
    just my opinion, I could be wrong!
    SKOL
    moviking
    SKOL VIKES!!
    All Hail Bud!!

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Ahhh guys we already knew this!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

moviking is offline Training Camp

"Zeus" wrote:
    [quote]
    "KWilliamsAWinfield" wrote:
    I wonder if this is a blessing to lose that game because I don't think we could have beat Denver and if we did lose to the Broncos, we would be the first team to lose 5 Superbowls and we would never hear the end of it
    :-\
    The '98 Vikings would have crushed Denver.
    Of that I have no doubt.

I wouldnt be so fast to say that we would have killed Denver. If I remember right, we would have been without Dixon Edwards, Rudd, Hitchcock and Randle would have been questionable.
    If you play Madden, go in to an exhibition game, figure out who these guys are, bench them and then try to defense the Broncos. Only way I;ve ever pulled that one off is in a scorefest and Denver;s defense wasnt too shabby.
    Fun to think of though!
    SKOL VIKES!!
    All Hail Bud!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

This isn't too surprising, it kills me, but it's not surprising.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234