Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Top 10 resons on why the Vikings lost

"Packerguy" wrote:
    [quote]"fan4favre" wrote:

The packers beat u guys today.........it doesnt mean its going to happen tommorrow. I hope so, but these teams are so very similar that the games can go either way.

Thank god we don't have to play them again tomorrow

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Maybe its the fact that one we dont have a defense and the fact that the nfl loves to see farve succeed and see the packers win it all. THere were some questionable calls on our last offensive drive that had me thinking are we playing at the metrodome or LAMBEAU FIELD.

Packers gets what three or four while we get 9-10? Really, i really question the officiating esp the holding penalty that put us in a hold. Not only that but on that screen play by the packers on their last drive. ONe looked like a chop block and a holding call that werent called.

I really question the nfl on this. Esp since they have a history of GIVING games to let the pack win. :angryfire:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

scorptile is offline Starter

actually in the second half i think the vikings gave up in effort...especially #84 it doesnt matter if he was hurt or not but if you are the leading reciever and the leader of the recieving core and you are half @$$ing it out there it rubs off onto other recievers then you have a recieving core that is not playing even the announcers said it at one point...they were all jogging around the field like it was a sunny day and they didnt have to play a game...the defense tried its best...but the offense played like it didnt care if it wanted a division title or not...especially in the second half which has hapend 80 percent of hte games in the past 7 games...first half they come out firing on all cylinders the second half they are driving a beat up pinto...with the emergency break on.....i was so unimpressed ith them int he second half...it wasnt coaching either..it was the recieving core on offense....
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

bender_over is offline Rookie

Here's my short list of more specific moments in the game:

4.) Refs measuring at the end of the first half, giving the Packers 3 free points.

3.) Brett Favre - Even though our defense is brutal you have to hand it to him.

2.) Two penalties in our last drive that negate two good runs by Bennett, making it 1st and 25 instead of 1st and 10 at the Packer 40.

1.) Pass defense throughout the whole game but particularly in the 4th quarter when Favre could do basically whatever he wanted. I was getting sick and tired of seeing 10 yard posts consistently go for completions.

Packerguy is offline Rookie

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Maybe its the fact that one we dont have a defense and the fact that the nfl loves to see farve succeed and see the packers win it all. THere were some questionable calls on our last offensive drive that had me thinking are we playing at the metrodome or LAMBEAU FIELD.

Packers gets what three or four while we get 9-10? Really, i really question the officiating esp the holding penalty that put us in a hold. Not only that but on that screen play by the packers on their last drive. ONe looked like a chop block and a holding call that werent called.

I really question the nfl on this. Esp since they have a history of GIVING games to let the pack win. :angryfire:
    Screw this officiating bullshit talk. I have been a gracious winner on this forum the last day knowing the pack and vikes are very closely matched and the game could have gone either way. But I am sick and tired of hearing the crybaby refs in the packers pocket crap. From my perspective there was plenty of bitching the packers could have done too.

When u get your hands outside the body and have jersey like birk did u get called for holding every single time.

EVEN HOMER JEFF DUBAY ON VIKING FAN LINE SAID THIS.

Theres always calls u dont like that go against your team and u cant help but be a bit biased........i do it too sometimes I am sure.

I just wish u guys would stop with the ref blaming.

If the vikes and packers meet in the playoffs and the vikes win I promise u I wont come here and tell u the refs gave the vikes the game despite how pissed i am sure I will be.

I dont think the refs got the non touchback call right either which one could argue contributed directly to the viking int and td.

oh well.......thats how it goes

the packers overcame that

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

You cannot blame the loss on the Refs. Our offense and defense should not have kept the game so close in the first place. If we were winning 35-7, do you think these would have bothered us? Nope. Sure they didn't help us at all, but stop putting the blame on the refs.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Anytime our horrible defense scores more points in the second half than the offense AND we give up 350 yards passing we deserve to loose...any way you cut it noone on our team except special teams stepped up today and that is the reason we lost.....

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Bottom line was the Vikings played not to lose they did not play to win. It was a total team effort to lose. The kicking game was bad , the offense did nothing in the second half and the defense is and has been non exsistant the whole season. The coaching sucked, the players still do not have any idea where they are supposed to be on any give play. Truth be told I bet Hovan will be glad to be gone from this team as would most any other player on an over talented under achiving team like the Minnesta Vikings have been for the last five years at least.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

parsongeorge is offline Starter

"Haneef87" wrote:
    EJ is the dumbest player I have ever seen play football.
    your right haneef, that asshole spends more time looking behind him when the ball is snapped and has NO IDEA what is going on out there.
    If you keep on doing what you ve done, your gonna keep on getting what you got.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123