Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Top 10 Homefield Advantages: Metropolitan Stadium

NFL Top Ten Homefield Advantages:#10 Metropolitan Stadium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5W6B...eature=related

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Top 10 Homefield Advantages: Metropolitan Stadium

Was that Prophet hanging off that goal post?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Seen it before, but still a good watch.

Would love to see that happen again, but the issue is, the Vikings then were TOUGH. Bud Grant was a no-nonsense, strict, motivational coach. the D was big, strong and tough.

Today the team is full of primadonnas and me-first kind of guys. If you told them they had to play in -30 weather, they'd say 'uh, no thanks'.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I never had the opportunity to go watch a game in the Met, but I have alot of family that has. Some comments from them about it.....

a. The Cold.

b. How far you had to sit from the action.

c. The Cold.

d. Uncomfortable benches.

e. The Cold.

I had an opportunity to visit with a few of my Uncles on my recent trip home this spring. All of them said the would not go to a game if it was outdoors in the cold. They said that they would leave that support to the young people.

In the end, I like the idea of an open air stadium, but I also understand that it could possibly impact ticket sales if they didn't have the option of closing the roof when it was below 50 with the wind chill.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099398

Would love to see that happen again, but the issue is, the Vikings then were TOUGH. Bud Grant was a no-nonsense, strict, motivational coach. the D was big, strong and tough.

Today the team is full of primadonnas and me-first kind of guys. If you told them they had to play in -30 weather, they'd say 'uh, no thanks'.
    +1

After sitting outside at TCF this last year for the Bears game I'm personally sold on outdoor football in the winter - but I do understand the flip side. It's probably not in the overall best interest of the organization.

You can dress for cold weather so I don't fully understand the concept of not going to support your team because it's too cold outside, but I do believe it may be a determinant to pulling free agents.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1099482
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099398

+1

After sitting outside at TCF this last year for the Bears game I'm personally sold on outdoor football in the winter - but I do understand the flip side. It's probably not in the overall best interest of the organization.

You can dress for cold weather so I don't fully understand the concept of not going to support your team because it's too cold outside, but I do believe it may be a determinant to pulling free agents.
    I get a bit of it.

Lets say you have small kids, usually you can bring them to the dome, and they'll probably have a good time so long as they have at least a slight interest int he game.

You bring your 5 year old kid to an outdoor game in January, and I bet you'll be leaving early.

Other than that, I really can't think of an excuse to not go. if I lived in Minny and there was outdoor Vikings football all winter, I would go to every single game, no question. Bundle up and it's fine. Yeah, it'll be a little more uncomfortable than a climate controlled dome, but suck it up. it's football.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099402
    I never had the opportunity to go watch a game in the Met, but I have alot of family that has. Some comments from them about it.....

a. The Cold.

c. The Cold.

e. The Cold.

I had an opportunity to visit with a few of my Uncles on my recent trip home this spring. All of them said the would not go to a game if it was outdoors in the cold. They said that they would leave that support to the young people.

In the end, I like the idea of an open air stadium, but I also understand that it could possibly impact ticket sales if they didn't have the option of closing the roof when it was below 50 with the wind chill.
    Packers fans and Bears across the country right now are shaking their heads in both amazement and in confidence that the Vikings really have the worst fan base in the division.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1099559

a. The Cold.

c. The Cold.

e. The Cold.

Packers fans and Bears across the country right now are shaking their heads in both amazement and in confidence that the Vikings really have the worst fan base in the division.
    to be fair, Chicago doesn't get NEARLY as cold as Minenapolis in January.

Chicago gets an average high of 31, and a low of 16, which isn't too bad at all
    Minny gets an average high of 22 and a low of 4
    Green Bay gets an average high of 24 and a low of 7

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099562

a. The Cold.

c. The Cold.

e. The Cold.

to be fair, Chicago doesn't get NEARLY as cold as Minenapolis in January.

Chicago gets an average high of 31, and a low of 16, which isn't too bad at all
    Minny gets an average high of 22 and a low of 4
    Green Bay gets an average high of 24 and a low of 7
    To be fair they are both colder than the dome. And they both get lake winds that can really make it feel colder with the extra moisture in the air.

It seems to me the ice bowl and the Packers NFCCG against the Giants were a bit on the cold side and yet the fans made it out for the game.....

In Minnesota the fans probably would have made the NFL postpone the game.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

a. The Cold.

c. The Cold.

e. The Cold.

I came to that realization sometime early last year my friend. I don't even try to defend them anymore.

On a side note, try to convince me that an open air stadium won't cause a big shift in who buys tickets for Vikings games especially the one later in the season.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast