Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Too Much Talent?

I never thought I would say this but I am starting too get a little worried about all these free agent signings. I can't help but to think about the L.A Lakers of last year with the addition of malone and payton. C. Chavous is plenty good and I don't really feel that we need D.Darius. We need a reciever and I dont think that we need Plex at all. Lets not forget M.Robinson is a very good reciever but was overlooked a lot last year because of presence of moss. He kicked major but the year before at baltimore. I don't know. Hopefully I am wrong but the more big name people we sign, the more I think about the Lakers and high expectations that follow the signing of these major players. let me know what you guys think. :scratch:

coreyd is offline Coach

Too Much Talent?

Well, I think the key that will make us a championship team is not the names. I think it will be having them work together as a team, and not as individuals.

DrSwerve is offline Training Camp

Too Much Talent?

But the Lakers made the NBA Finals last season. The Vikes haven't made the SB in a long time. The part of the Laker analogy that worries me though is the fact that the Lakers traded away Shaq this off-season for nothing, and now they suck. Hopefully, the Moss deal doesn't set us back. Time will tell.
    If ignorance was bliss...then your entire life would be a perpetual orgasm.

Too Much Talent?

We probably won't sign Darius now that we have Sharper. Let's face it, we needed more talent on defense, and now we are getting it. I also think we will draft a good WR with one of our 1st round picks. Burress can go to Philly and be behind TO for all I care.

Lakers and Malone and Payton is not a good example. They are both way out of their prime, the guys we are signing still have a lot of game left.

The Vikings we once knew I believe will be much different come next season. Look for the defense to shine and the offense to do just enough to get the job done.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

chippewavike is offline Rookie

Too Much Talent?

stats don't mean a thing, it's team work, and how you do every single snap and how hungray you are, thats what makes a good football player.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Too Much Talent?

It will come down now to coaching. Last year I didn't think that Cotrell did a very good job. Maybe its because he didn't have the players he needed in the secondary. This year there will be no excuse. If he can't put together a great defense with these players he sucks and needs to be fired.

WWBGD

Too Much Talent?

There is no such thing as too much talent, but when you bring a bunch of new players in you have to get them to gel and play together, which is what I am somewhat worried about.

Too Much Talent?

The only thing that is the problem with to much talent is the people that think they are above the team and complain all the time and usually after that those guys get cut or traded. Such as CB's Eric Kelly and Walker.

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

Too Much Talent?

The Cowboys and Niners back in the day were stocked. They didn't have any problems

mark is offline Asst. Coach

Re: TOO MUCH TALENT?

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    I never thought I would say this but I am starting too get a little worried about all these free agent signings. I can't help but to think about the L.A Lakers of last year with the addition of malone and payton. C. Chavous is plenty good and I don't really feel that we need D.Darius. We need a reciever and I dont think that we need Plex at all. Lets not forget M.Robinson is a very good reciever but was overlooked a lot last year because of presence of moss. He kicked major but the year before at baltimore. I don't know. Hopefully I am wrong but the more big name people we sign, the more I think about the Lakers and high expectations that follow the signing of these major players. let me know what you guys think. :scratch:

That crossed my mind , one team i thought of was the yankees. But it all comes down to chemestry you can have the best talent but if you have a bunch of egos your done. I thing the viks had that in mind sighning these guys and well be just fine. I think we got 3 more wins in us.
    <!--
    sig -->

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast