Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hitstick31 is offline Rookie

Re: Too Much Pressure

Seriously, I mean this team has MORE TALENT AT WIDE RECEIVER NOW THAN LAST YEAR AND AT TIGHT END.

Now Travis Taylor, Marcus Robinson, Koren, Troy, Nate
    Last Year Nate Randy Marcus Kelly

I'd rather have a bunch of good wide receivers rather than just Randy. Our receivers are doing fine, its just that the coaching staff cant find a way to get them the ball. And for those of you who think Daunte can't make a play, how about today when it was 3rd and 8 in the 1st and Daunte Outran Lance Briggs and Ogunleye from the backside to get a 1st? He NEEDS HELP MENTALLY WHICH CAME FROM LINEHAN LAST YEAR!!!! I don't think any qb can be this bad, and it just shows how much Linehan, Birk and Dixon are missed. Forget Randy, Daunte is alot more valuable to a team than he is. Randy has never won a superbowl or been to one, THIS GUY WONT EVEN GO OVER THE MIDDLE!! Atleast we have guys that will do this now!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I stand by him all the way, but there is big room for improvement!

Remember, football is a TEAM GAME. If the o line or the coaches arent doing their job, Daunte will suffer.

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    Hitstick, Culpepper is getting sacked because they are blitzing almost every play. Why? Because they know Culpepper doesn't react quickly, he stands there like a statue trying to figure out the defense.
    I disagree. I believe they are blitzing every play because we have no run game or real deep threat to keep the defense honest. They blitz to rattle Daunte and not give him time to find a reciever. Teams know now that we win or lose by Daunte so that is who they go after. We have no other big game threat, it makes it easy for opposing defenses.

If we had a decent running game or a quick deep ball we could counter that and make the defense adjust. Now I know that if teams blitz us that the passing game should open up, but that just doesn't work if the offensive line isn't picking it up.

Running back by committee and offensive line by committee is not going to get the job done.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    Hitstick, Culpepper is getting sacked because they are blitzing almost every play. Why? Because they know Culpepper doesn't react quickly, he stands there like a statue trying to figure out the defense.
    I disagree. I believe they are blitzing every play because we have no run game or real deep threat to keep the defense honest. They blitz to rattle Daunte and not give him time to find a reciever. Teams know now that we win or lose by Daunte so that is who they go after. We have no other big game threat, it makes it easy for opposing defenses.

If we had a decent running game or a quick deep ball we could counter that and make the defense adjust. Now I know that if teams blitz us that the passing game should open up, but that just doesn't work if the offensive line isn't picking it up.

Running back by committee and offensive line by committee is not going to get the job done.
    THANK YOU!!!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Hitstick31" wrote:
    Remember, football is a TEAM GAME. If the o line or the coaches arent doing their job, Daunte will suffer.
    And if Daunte is not doing his, they will suffer. Its a team game.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

hmmmmmm..................

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Hitstick31" wrote:
    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:

THANK YOU!!!!!
    Are you trying to tell me that Culpepper is known for a quick release? Don't make me laugh. He has always been known to hold the ball too long. :roll:

Yeah, the only qb I know that is better at fightin off pressure than Daunte is Mike Vick, and he is the best offensive weapon in the nfl.

Culpepper got it away quick in the beginning today, so I dont know what you are talking about him not gettin the ball away because sometimes with the routes are players are told to run, teams can shut it down.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast