Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Wow, Well, at least I know you are still an internet tough guy. Some of us have businesses to run and don't have the luxury to grace the tailgating community with our presence and give rabble rousing sermons to fire up the masses like others apparently do.

What was the question again?
    The sermons are dead, have been for several years. And, with how my custody works out, I can only make 2 games again this year. Sucks.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    Did we read the same article?

If there was a team hall of fame, the 1990's Vikings would not be in it. He didn't list a single relevant argument.

Who from that list would you exclude? Obviously CC, McDaniel, Zimmerman, and Randle are no brainers. The "worst" player on the list is 4th all time in sacks. If he doesn't deserve to be in the hall of fame then Strahan and Jason Taylor certainly don't either.
    Jason Taylor isn't in the HoF.

And what I was getting at is how under-represented some of the championship-winning teams are in the HoF. I wouldn't take any of the Vikings in there out - I think they all deserve it (and Mick Tinglehoff needs to get in).

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    It just goes to show that no one can win a superbowl by themselves. It takes a whole team playing at a high level. We probably have a few future hall of famers from the 2000's as well(Randy Moss and Adrian Peterson for sure).

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    It just goes to show that no one can win a superbowl by themselves. It takes a whole team playing at a high level. We probably have a few future hall of famers from the 2000's as well(Randy Moss and Adrian Peterson for sure).
    Kdub?? Jared Allen?? I think it will be tough for both of them to get elected. Maybe if Allen puts up 2 or 3 12+ sack years he can get in IMO.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I agree.

(from article)Nothing against any of the five who have been chosen. Cris Carter, Randall McDaniel, Gary Zimmerman, Chris Doleman and John Randle were all legitimate candidates. But with so many worthy players still waiting for their call to Canton, itís hard to figure how they all merited such quick induction.
    These guys were all dominating players during that era. McDaniel and Zimmerman need to get more respect as linemen.

Doleman and Randle too, but on the other side of the ball. Randle took over games against Brett Favre's Packers, and he almost did even when the team lacked corners to allow the time for line penetration.

Cris Carter made every receiver he paired with play better. He made good quarterbacks look great and lesser quarterbacks look good. He made sideline catches that mortal receivers only wished they could make, and his smooth cuts baffled defenders. He taught Randy Moss how to play in the NFL - even when Carter was passed his prime and could have taken and ego trip to another team. Carter wanted the ball; Carter wanted to win, and no other Hall of Fame receiver wanted less then that.

Yeah, many Vikings were great players, but they played on flawed teams. Does that make each of them less of a player; certainly not.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Ah, there's the good ol' Zeus... Belittling others fandom.

I haven't been to a game in a while, but I know a hell of a lot more about football and the Vikings than you do. I don't even need a tattoo to prove it.
    But, you gotta admit, your internet cred would skyrocket if you got one....

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    But, you gotta admit, your internet cred would skyrocket if you got one....

Caine
    You mean this didn't boost his internet cred?

Last edited by singersp; 08-17-2013 at 10:10 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Flair Hay is offline Rookie
    Did the guy stop to think that maybe if just one of those Hall of Fame players was a QB, that the Super Bowl argument wouldn't exist?

For the most part of the last 45 years the Vikings have been competitive. They haven't been the best often, but when they were they always found a way to lose it. Pretty shitty logic if this guy is in fact a reputable journalist.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    You mean this didn't boost his internet cred?

In certain cities, in airport men's rooms, and at rest stops all over the country it did....

...but not here. Here, we only respect INK, baby.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12