mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Tony Richardson Update????

My neighbor is a Broncos fan by birth, and a Vikings fan by vicinity to me...so, he's mostly unbiased (I think).
    His idea was that losing Tony Richardson was where our season turned south!!
    He played in 9 games, but was injured for a few of them, as I recall, before he went on IR...?

Dugan filled in admirably for just learning the position, but Tony is still a hell of a player, how is his health??
    Back better than ever by TC?
    Anyone heard anything?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Tony Richardson Update????

"mountainviking" wrote:
    My neighbor is a Broncos fan by birth, and a Vikings fan by vicinity to me...so, he's mostly unbiased (I think).
    His idea was that losing Tony Richardson was where our season turned south!!
    He played in 9 games, but was injured for a few of them, as I recall, before he went on IR...?

Dugan filled in admirably for just learning the position, but Tony is still a hell of a player, how is his health??
    Back better than ever by TC?
    Anyone heard anything?
    I haven't seen anything. I agree.It seemed to be a turning point for the offense.
    But the turning point for the season was Brady showing how to pick apart the defense.
    Dugan played well the first game TR was out. I didn't see much from him after that.

Tony Richardson plays a big role in this offense. I pray he is healthy.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

There was an article someone posted here -(singer maybe?)-about how there was "no off season for Tony Richardson."
    I found the article, but I don't know how to link it- it was more about his charity work than his rehab anyhow-sorry.

"x-ray" wrote:
    There was an article someone posted here -(singer maybe?)-about how there was "no off season for Tony Richardson."
    I remember that being posted but don't remember the content. I thought it refered to how busy he was and not his workout routine!
    At any rate. He was placed on injured reserve for a fractured forearm in the middle of November. It was expected to take 6 weeks to heal. He has a reputation as a player that works hard during the off season. I expect he will be fine.

I'm more concerned about, James-knee, Greenway-knee,Williams-knee, and also realize almost every player had an injury at some point last season.Mostly knee sprains.

Staying healthier this year, combined with far less penalties would improve this team quite a lot.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Richardson should be fine and like the other member said I'm more concerned over the other injuries too...

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think Richardson would make THAT

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think Richardson would make THAT much of a difference really. We did miss him though, that's for sure.

IMO, he wasn't being utilized correctly before he was hurt anyway!

"Ltrey" wrote:
    I don't think Richardson would make THAT much of a difference really. We did miss him though, that's for sure.

IMO, he wasn't being utilized correctly before he was hurt anyway!
    I think he did make a big difference. But you are absolutely right. He could have made a bigger difference had he been utilized better.
    Dilfer

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "x-ray" wrote:
    I remember that being posted but don't remember the content. I thought it refered to how busy he was and not his workout routine!
    At any rate. He was placed on injured reserve for a fractured forearm in the middle of November. It was expected to take 6 weeks to heal. He has a reputation as a player that works hard during the off season. I expect he will be fine.

I'm more concerned about, James-knee, Greenway-knee,Williams-knee, and also realize almost every player had an injury at some point last season.Mostly knee sprains.

Staying healthier this year, combined with far less penalties would improve this team quite a lot.
    i actually almost forgot about james...hopefully he lives up to what we expected him to be last year

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese