Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tony Richardson - Great for the vikes

The Vikings are in deep need of a running game...or WERE in deep need of a running game. Last year the Vikes ended up in 27th place running the ball. This year its looking a lot better though. The vikings first big pickup was Steve Hutchinson(arguably the best guard in the leage). Soon after the vikes obtained Taylor from the Ravens. Taylor isnt the best runner in the league, but he will definetly help.

Finally Tony Richardson. A very, very talented FB from the chiefs. He is expected to bring great things to the vikings over the next few years.

The way the line and the offensive backs are coming along, we're looking to have a fine season running the ball.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Tony Richardson - Great for the vikes

Uhhhhh? What does the first option say?

I think hes good though.

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Yeah... Every time I post a poll it does that. its so annoying

oakmage is offline Starter

What he brings is more then carries. He is still considered on of the better blocking FB in the game. You also can not forget his leadership in the locker room, there is also talk that KC offence might even suffer due to the fact that Richardson will not be there to help open up holes for the running game or in the backfield helping pick up blitzes.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Question:
    So if Richardson is blocking for Taylor where does that leave Kleinsauser? Is he still a blocker of linebackers or is he a possible receiver?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Richardson is a great blocker and receiver, so what if he doesn't get the ball, he isn't expected to take the handoffs, he is expected to block for whoever does.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I can't wait to see him on the field and what he can bring to the table. Heck, I can't wait to see all these new guys on the field and see what they can do. Why can't the season start already...

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Speaking for whomever does get the handoffs its gonna be nice my personal opinion to see TR block for the free agent halfback Taylor...I wonder..just wonder if this duo can Bring it for at least 2 years

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

they didn't sign him for his running ability, they signed him for his ability to make crutial blocks to spring the runner for a big gain. he's part of the reason that Larry Johnson did so well last year. Roaf and Shields could only block so much (whatever lineman the lined up against) its the FB's job to block out the proper LB or safety to spring the RB for a big gain. he's a smart guy and will be a huge asset to our running game.

as far as Kleinsasser, he will be huge for sealing a hole on sweeps and runs to the outside. he's a very good blocker, and if the tackle can block out the DE, Kleinsasser can block out the OLB, hopefully the WR can block out the corner, that leaves Richardson for whatever stray safety or LB comes over. he will also be a part of the passing game, but expect Wiggins to have another big role here. on obvious passing downs, expect Wiggins to be in there instead of Kleinsasser.

now i'm not sure how Richardson is coming out of the backfield as a reciever, is he good as far as fullbacks go? if so then we should really thrive in this WCO.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Vike_Fanatic" wrote:
    Yeah... Every time I post a poll it does that. its so annoying
    You need to check your encoding.

IE: Click View, scroll down to Encoding and see what is selected. The best option for general Internetting is Unicode (UTF-8).

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast