Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Tony Dungy to coach Vikings?

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    why the hell would Dungy want to leave indy to come here?
    Anything can happen. He might start to feel under appreciated and some fans could even turn on them. Last year he was one and done in the playoffs, this year they might not even make the playoffs.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I think the overriding reason he might come here is that he has Minnesota roots including the Vikings and the Gophers. Hey, it's just a thought. I think he'd come here before Cower. If Cower came here, he'd want to run the whole show, even as GM. I don't think Wilf will allow that.
    And besides, Minnesota has a great team personnel except a QB and maybe one more WR. He would have a great chance to be a winner here as soon as he arrived.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I think the overriding reason he might come here is that he has Minnesota roots including the Vikings and the Gophers. Hey, it's just a thought. I think he'd come here before Cower. If Cower came here, he'd want to run the whole show, even as GM. I don't think Wilf will allow that.
    And besides, Minnesota has a great team personnel except a QB and maybe one more WR. He would have a great chance to be a winner here as soon as he arrived.
    Read his book to get a better understanding of Tony.

He is not going to come here.
    Come on, he is still successful and will retire if anything.
    How many coaches tak a step down.

He has bigger "roots" in the Tampa area.
    Just because he played for the Gophers means nothing.
    Ya, he coached here and he coached elsewhere.
    What makes MN so much more special.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

First of all, I did read his
    book. In fact I think if you look at past threads, you'll see where I encouraged others to read it.
    In that book he talked a lot about how he loved Minnesota.
    He isn't fond of the Tampa Bay franchise the way they treated him. But his wife loves it there and his kid goes to school there.
    Hey, you don't have to agree with me. I know it might be far-fetched in some ways, but I think the chances of him coming here are far better than Cower. Just throwing another name into the mix because all the other choices I read here are losers with the possible exception of Cower.
    Guess will just have to see but if I was a betting man, I'd bet Chilly's back next year.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

book. In fact I think if you look at past threads, you'll see where I encouraged others to read it.
    He isn't fond of the Tampa Bay franchise the way they treated him. But his wife loves it there and his kid goes to school there.
    Hey, you don't have to agree with me. I know it might be far-fetched in some ways, but I think the chances of him coming here are far better than Cower. Just throwing another name into the mix because all the other choices I read here are losers with the possible exception of Cower.
    Guess will just have to see but if I was a betting man, I'd bet Chilly's back next year.
    Cojo, you are a very wise person.
    Just think for a second.

Dungy has won a Super Bowl in Indy not too long ago.
    His team is still successful.
    Why on God's green earth would he come here?
    Why?
    He was not planning on even coming back to Indy this year but gave it a shot.
    He wants to retire.
    You know as well as I do that football is not the most important thing in his life.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

Cojo, you are a very wise person.
    Just think for a second.

Dungy has won a Super Bowl in Indy not too long ago.
    His team is still successful.
    Why on God's green earth would he come here?
    Why?
    He was not planning on even coming back to Indy this year but gave it a shot.
    He wants to retire.
    You know as well as I do that football is not the most important thing in his life.
    your right ultra. with whats gone on in his life, his age, and winning that bowl. there is like nothing left to win.

and why would he leave the colts to come to a team that seems to get more complex every week

Mojack is offline Training Camp

I really dont think Childress is going to be fired this time around. I may be wrong, stranger things have happened...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

An interesting analysis COJO but I would probably revisit this in another year or so.....

a.
    He is retiring because of family.
    b.
    He is to young to really call it quits.
    c.
    The Ownership group is gonna give the Chiller at least one more year to see if he can win with a QB.

Again, lets look at Tony at the end of next year perhaps.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12