Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: tonight proves DE is viking most obvious need

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    The Giants/Patriots superbowl proves two things to me:

1) Fans/owners/sports writers need to be patient with their coaches and QBs. If it was up to the fans, Eli and Couighlin would have been gone before they ever had a chance to do this.

2) Never take a playoff opportunity for granted. I always hate when the Vikings are sniffing around for a playoff spot and I hear fans say, "Who cares? It will be one-and-done anyway." I am sure many Giants fans felt the same way before this postseason. When the playoffs start, everyone is 0-0 and anything can happen.
    What it showed me was that we should have went after Boss instead of Shank at TE.
    He might not have been a FA, but I am sure for the same money he would have been available. That man would fit our needs much getter than who we got.
    Boss was DRAFTED...last year...and he was brought in to BACKUP Shockey...and was only pressed into service because of Shockey's broken leg.
    Nice BACKUP, to be sure!

Crap, you are right. He was drafted in the 5th round so we could have drafted him but that would have meant not getting Robison. I guess it's a push.

Kudo's to their personnel dept.

Perch56 is offline Pro-Bowler

i believe we need better QB play. but u have hit a nice point we do need a good DE. maybe we can get a good one in the free agency

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:

1) Fans/owners/sports writers need to be patient with their coaches and QBs. If it was up to the fans, Eli and Couighlin would have been gone before they ever had a chance to do this.

2) Never take a playoff opportunity for granted. I always hate when the Vikings are sniffing around for a playoff spot and I hear fans say, "Who cares? It will be one-and-done anyway." I am sure many Giants fans felt the same way before this postseason. When the playoffs start, everyone is 0-0 and anything can happen.
    What it showed me was that we should have went after Boss instead of Shank at TE.
    He might not have been a FA, but I am sure for the same money he would have been available. That man would fit our needs much getter than who we got.
    Hindsight is 20- 20
    If Shank had torn it up this year, you wouldn't be saying that. Also, he was forced to stay in and block due to poor o line/ qb play. Lastly, he is in a run first offense and our scheme is to spread the ball out. I wouldn't expect him to ever put up huge #s
    If Peyton Manning was the Vikings' QB this year they would have been in the playoffs.
    I don't get your post prophet.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:

Hindsight is 20- 20
    If Shank had torn it up this year, you wouldn't be saying that. Also, he was forced to stay in and block due to poor o line/ qb play. Lastly, he is in a run first offense and our scheme is to spread the ball out. I wouldn't expect him to ever put up huge #s
    If Peyton Manning was the Vikings' QB this year they would have been in the playoffs.
    If he were the QB for the Vikings this year his consecutive start streak would have ended.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:

Boss was DRAFTED...last year...and he was brought in to BACKUP Shockey...and was only pressed into service because of Shockey's broken leg.
    Nice BACKUP, to be sure!
    Quit shocking us with reality my friend.
    Some of us like our own little world and our version of reality.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

help

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    help
    Surviving an offseason at pp.o builds character.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    help
    I thought I disagreed with people during the season...lol
    It's like everyoen forgot how bad we were this season. Everyone is excited that we we an average team and that we shouldn't change a thing....

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    help
    I thought I disagreed with people during the season...lol
    It's like everyoen forgot how bad we were this season. Everyone is excited that we we an average team and that we shouldn't change a thing....
    Some of us believe we were a very talented team that showed flash of things to come while we watch the young kids get reps.

That is a very different feeling than what I experienced from the recent past.
    Knowing we would screw the pooch drafting, couldn't win on the road (especially if it was on grass) and knowing your meathead HC was gonna do something dumb in the press.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567