Thread: Tomorrow...

Tomorrow...

We should draft Carlos Francis, he is the fastest player in the draft. It would be great to have another deep threat.

Tomorrow...

but can he catch? who cares about speed if we can't get the ball to him?
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Tomorrow...

Toushet...but fundamentals can be taught, it wouldn't be a waste of a 5th round pick on him IMO.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Tomorrow...

I hope we can get one of the 2 really good CB's available in Will Poole or Nathan Vasher. I really liked both guys, and wanted us to draft one in the 3rd. We ended up getting a good DE in Scott, that I saw a lot of mock drafts having us picking in the 2nd round. We have 2 4th's, so maybe we could use them to trade up, if we have to, to get one of these 2 CB's. If we got one of them, our D would be pretty much complete. Will Poole carries a late 1st, early 2nd round grade, but has slipped because of worries about off field problems when he was at USC. According to the coaches at USC though, they said he was a great kid. Even if he possibly has some off field issues, we can afford to take a chance on him in the 4th round.

Mossville is offline Starter

Tomorrow...

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    Toushet...but fundamentals can be taught, it wouldn't be a waste of a 5th round pick on him IMO.
    why would we draft a speed WR when we have campbell for that roll? Id rather see us take some CBs and O Line

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Tomorrow...

I'd like to see us get some help on the o-line.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Tomorrow...

O line would be nice . . . we could address that now. I still like the Kaeding kid . . . it'd be nice to pick him up somewhere. At least let him and Elling fight it out. We should look at a starting quaterback too . . . ha, just kidding.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

Tomorrow...

"LAVike" wrote:
    O line would be nice . . . we could address that now. I still like the Kaeding kid . . . it'd be nice to pick him up somewhere. At least let him and Elling fight it out. We should look at a starting quaterback too . . . ha, just kidding.

Kaeding was drafted by the chargers in round 3

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Tomorrow...

If we could draft Will Poole or Vasher that would be great. Any good WRs left? Personally I would have preferred us picking someone like Odom in the 2nd and adressed OLB with Ian Gold or in the 3rd. I don't know anything about this Ohio State guy. We have 2 4th rounders I believe so we should get some goo players

Are there any other player still available that were supposed to be a 1st or second rounder?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Tomorrow...

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    If we could draft Will Poole or Vasher that would be great. Any good WRs left? Personally I would have preferred us picking someone like Odom in the 2nd and adressed OLB with Ian Gold or in the 3rd. I don't know anything about this Ohio State guy. We have 2 4th rounders I believe so we should get some goo players

Are there any other player still available that were supposed to be a 1st or second rounder?

Darrion scott was actually a good pick. Mel kiper rated him as a 2nd round talent. He is very athletic, and will definately play some for us. Also Dontarrious Thomas will be a good addition for us too. He isn't a well known guy, mostly because of Dansby, but he is good. He is a big hitter and has speed. The only knock on him, is that he doesn't change direction very well. He is more of a straight line guy and he takes some bad angles at times. He is suppose to be a great blitzing LB as well.

There isn't really much out there for good WR's. We should try and find a guy who could be a dangerous return man. I personally think that Vasher and poole are the 2 best players available and it would be awesome to get either of them.

There really isn't much else out there, as far as 1st or 2nd round talent, that fell for some reason. Poole is the only one left.