Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Tomlin will become Viking's defensive coordinator

Holy Cow! I can definetly see the Cover 2 working here....

Remember that Cover 2 requires your front 4 to get pressure on their own. There's no doubt in my mind that next year with a healthy Udeze and KWill along with James and Pat we'll have one of the best line in the league...plenty of pressure all day long for opposing QB's!

Smoot, who struggled with season, will also like the Cover 2 scheme I think. CB's have to be able to cover 1 on 1 on the outside, alot of man-coverage.

IMO this is almost better then the Childress signing =P

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Ya mnjamie you've nailed every addition on the head. What year will we win the SuperBowl?? :lol: :lol:

I have no problem putting it out there ........

[size=18px]
    2008 ............ The Year of the VIKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Man this is great news. His schemes will work so well here. We already have the talent. The only thing we may need is one more faster LB to play the cover 2. Otherwise our Defense looks great for this scheme. Bye Cotrell!

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Thank goodness.. maybe we won't call blitzing on third and long against a qb that needs to prove himself (cough cough ravens game)

don't know much about the tampa cover two.. will it play in with sharper and smoot's abilities?

and my improvement request for defense..
    one more DE, and a faster LB..
    we can hold off on new CB's for one more year i think
    i m better than you, so just give up...

"PurpleManiac" wrote:

Remember that Cover 2 requires your front 4 to get pressure on their own. There's no doubt in my mind that next year with a healthy Udeze and KWill along with James and Pat we'll have one of the best line in the league...plenty of pressure all day long for opposing QB's!

Smoot, who struggled with season, will also like the Cover 2 scheme I think. CB's have to be able to cover 1 on 1 on the outside, alot of man-coverage.

I would have to almost agree .... it is a little better than Childress signing.

Phat Pat will play the under tackle and K.Will will be set loose on the QB ... then the athletic DE's we have will run wild.

Newman on the weakside, Henderson at SAM .... Cowart will have to be replaced as he is to slow to cover the soft spot in the middle of the field where the "tampa 2" is vulnerable. Henderson is a good cover guy, but will have to work on his technique also.

Word is: DERRICK BROOKS will have to restructure his contract (IN A BIG WAY) as it also expires after next year, to stay a Buc this year as rumors are also flying that Gruden really wants T.O. ... Bring him in and this "D" is set as he will allign everyone on the field and be the on field coach Tomlin needs ...........

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "PurpleManiac" wrote:

Phat Pat will play the under tackle and K.Will will be set loose on the QB ... then the athletic DE's we have will run wild.

Newman on the weakside, Henderson at SAM .... Cowart will have to be replaced as he is to slow to cover the soft spot in the middle of the field where the "tampa 2" is vulnerable. Henderson is a good cover guy, but will have to work on his technique also.

Word is: DERRICK BROOKS will have to restructure his contract (IN A BIG WAY) to stay a Buc this year as rumors are also flying that Gruden really wants T.O. ... Bring him in and this "D" is set as he will allign everyone on the field and be the on field coach Tomlin needs ...........
    Think Arrington could fill Cowarts spot? He says he doesn't expect to be a Redskin next year.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "PurpleManiac" wrote:

Word is: DERRICK BROOKS will have to restructure his contract (IN A BIG WAY) to stay a Buc this year as rumors are also flying that Gruden really wants T.O. ... Bring him in and this "D" is set as he will allign everyone on the field and be the on field coach Tomlin needs ...........
    TO would make Simms cry like a little girl.

Griese might be able to handle TO, if Griese can perform consistantly next year.

I can dig this Coach coming in helping us out, he is young(??), he must be smart and have good communication skills to have gotten this far so fast.

"Freakout" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "PurpleManiac" wrote:

Think Arrington could fill Cowarts spot? He says he doesn't expect to be a Redskin next year.
    No, his injuries have slowed him ALOT and watching Arrington yesterday and through out the year ... he has lost alot of speed and in Tomlin's "D" (if he stays the same as Tampa's, which is to be expected as it's the only NFL one he knows since joining the league in 2001) you really have to get back deep into the center of the field and motor.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    OC Loney = Gone!

DC Cottrell = Gone!

I wonder how the former Bill/Jet players are dealing with this?

No guarantees in the Not For Long League.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    OC Loney = Gone!

DC Cottrell = Gone!

I wonder how the former Bill/Jet players are dealing with this?

No guarantees in the Not For Long League.

I would think they would be excited also. Cottrell held them back and never really "unleashed" them on an "O". I would expect Tomlin to just let them attack .... Did anyone see that Skin/Buc game yesterday? That's what I am expecting to see from our "D" with Tomlin here. Granted, it will take a little time to learn as it is exotic if any of the players havn't played in it ... but they will like how aggressive it allows them to be.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast