Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: finally star trib write on Tomlin

"V-Unit" wrote:
    I think Rusty Tillman was a solid coach but nothing special. I'm sure whoever Childress brings in will do just as good of a job.
    Tillman was originally meant to a special teams guru who was going to make ours the best in the league. Having said that it only seems to be this season that they have been anywhere half decent so overall he hasn't come up to expectations.
    Will be interesting to see who we pick up now on those. If we do go towards a Tampa 2 then our DL is going to have to step up and generate more of a pass rush than we have seen form them. Makes me wonder how many of the existing DL will be kept especially as Childress has said about placing a lot of emphasis on them.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

I'm just as jazzed as everyone else about the coaching changes so far at HC and DC.....but the fact we're FINALLY getting rid of Tillman is what makes me :banana:

Rusty Tillman = Richard Solomon

I ate a big red candle

I'm loving it, fire more assistants Childress. Get those losers out of the organization so we can finally flourish with good coaching.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Nothing like rookies. We are gonna own with more rookies. New system on offense, new system on defense, new system on special teams.

Yah, rookies are known to really kick butt. Fire all of the old experienced ones. We can bring in people with NO nfl experience and they are gonna get it DONE!

It doesnt' just work with players you know. Last year we had what, 6 new people learning a new system on defense. It took til the last part of the season for the D to jell.

Now you have 11 people on offense, 11 people on defense, and 11 people on special teams learning new, and not necessarily good, systems, from inexperienced people. Man we are GONNA ROCK next year.

I wish I could TiVo next year, and just fast forward. Its gonna be ugly. I think long term, this could and should be great. Next year. we look like Detroit this year if we do well, GB if we do bad.

GB is rebuilding, and so are we. Not that we HAD to, but now we get to. Our future DC? People used to complain in threads that Ted didnt' know how to game plan. Ted has done that before, and effectively. These people? They literally don't know how. There is a difference. OC? Same story. Special teams...yah, same story.

I am hoping for an 8-8 season next year. I was all wound up to go to a game next year, no matter what. No way I do that now. And I am really thinking of cancelling my direct-TV. Do I really wanna watch this unfold? And pay to watch it unfold? We will see.

Year after next, now that is a different story.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Tomlin will become Viking's defensive coordinator

If we didnt do what we're doing now, then when would be the best time? Thats right, now, get it over with....there is no promise that we will go 8-8 or worse, there is no promise we'll reach the SuperBowl. But I do know that this team is putting crucial pieces together to get a Championship.It starts at your coach.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    If we didnt do what we're doing now, then when would be the best time? Thats right, now, get it over with....there is no promise that we will go 8-8 or worse, there is no promise we'll reach the SuperBowl. But I do know that this team is putting crucial pieces together to get a Championship.It starts at your coach.

Franchise only speaks da truth! :razz:

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"magicci" wrote:
    Bucs' Tomlin likely to replace fired Cottrell
    [...]
    Childress said he hopes to have a staff in place by the end of the week.
    Well now, that line got buried in a rather long article.

That tells me two things. One, they want to move quickly to get the best available people, get the staff in place, and start preparing for FA and the draft. Good.

It also tells me that they're not going to seriously consider any candidates from the Colts, Patroits, Broncos, Steelers, Panthers, Bears, Redskins, or Seahawks. I can't really fault them too much for this, because of my first point. I just hope we don't overlook a good candidate out of haste.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"Franchise only speaks da truth!"-VIkez4Lyfe

haha you know how I do!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Navycoach is offline Starter

Hopefully we don't "brain fart" during the draft and miss our pick :lol:

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast