Page 1 of 18 123 11 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Tomlin will become Viking's defensive coordinator

Vikings | Tomlin will become team's defensive coordinator
    Sun, 8 Jan 2006 09:04:00 -0800

620WDAE.com reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive backs coach Mike Tomlin will become the Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator. Tomlin told the St. Petersburg Times that he is leaving Tampa Bay.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Tomlin will become Viking's defensive coordinator

This was reported on Friday on Total Access there was a strong possibility this would happen ..... Sooooooooooo NICE !!!!!!!

Tampa 2 here we come with an attacking defense .... it's finally here people, get EXCITED !!!!!

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=290264#2902 64

[size=18px]DB coach Mike Tomlin heading to Vikes[/size]

Mike Tomlin appears to be the choice of new Vikings head coach Brad Childress to run the Minnesota defense. The Bucs defensive backs coach acknowledged a report that he would be leaving Tampa Bay, telling the St. Pete Times that the rumors are "legit" that he is going to Minnesota.

The coaching staff won't be the only thing with a new look next season. In a pair of dramatic interviews conducted by T.J. Rives in the postgame, Derrick Brooks suggested that some regulars will be gone next season and Mike Alstott seemed to hint that he may be retiring. "You know, the fans are the best. What the fans have done for me in my career, I can't even describe. I'd like to thank everybody out there for their support and what they've done for me," Alstott said with his voice a little shaky.

Before that Brooks said, "This is the last time this group, everybody in this room, will be here together. There's gonna be some new faces next year, and I just hope from here on out we can build on the things we did this year and really make a run at this thing again next year."

During halftime of the television broadcast, Brooks, Ronde Barber and Josh Bidwell were all named starters for the Pro Bowl.

Cadillac Williams was the runaway winner of the AP's Offensive Rookie of the Year honors, getting 47 of a possible 50 votes Wednesday from national writers. On Thursday Williams was honored as the NFL Rookie of the Month.

Despite missing part or all of several games with a foot injury Williams compiled 1,178 yards and six touchdowns and was the big reason for the offensive turnaround of the Bucs. Three other players got one vote each including Williams' college running mate Ronnie Brown of the Dolphins, along with Steelers tight end Heath Miller and Patriots offensive lineman Logan Mankins.

On Wednesday Simeon Rice was named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance in a division-clinching 27-13 win over the Saints.

Source link:

http://www.620wdae.com/localsportsstory.html?ID=20060108114455

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

OMG!!!! THIS IS AWESOME!! wow I'm so pumped....The Bucs always have a steller defense...year in and year out....This bye far is the second best coaching move in the last 5,6,7 years bye the Vikings.( Brad Childress being the first ofcourse)...The Bucs secondary is full of "ok" players and they excell so much in thier system.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    OMG!!!! THIS IS AWESOME!! wow I'm so pumped....The Bucs always have a steller defense...year in and year out....This bye far is the second best coaching move in the last 5,6,7 years bye the Vikings.( except for Brad Childress ofcourse)...The Bucs secondary is full of "ok" players and they excell so much in thier system.

Told you the other day WOT ... be patient ..... that Tomlin was on the way :lol:

"mnjamie" wrote:
    OMG!!!! THIS IS AWESOME!! wow I'm so pumped....The Bucs always have a steller defense...year in and year out....This bye far is the second best coaching move in the last 5,6,7 years bye the Vikings.( except for Brad Childress ofcourse)...The Bucs secondary is full of "ok" players and they excell so much in thier system.

Told you the other day WOT ... be patient ..... that Tomlin was on the way :lol:
    Didn't you also nail Childress on the head?

So many other people were throwing out names that made me cringe with fear.

I like what I'm seeing so far.

"singersp" wrote:
    Vikings | Tomlin will become team's defensive coordinator
    Sun, 8 Jan 2006 09:04:00 -0800

620WDAE.com reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive backs coach Mike Tomlin will become the Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator. Tomlin told the St. Petersburg Times that he is leaving Tampa Bay.

Singer, you just made my day. I was watching all the Tampa sites, but damn it, I didn't think of WDAE .... Hate that station, all bucs all the time, but I should have known better ...... YES, YES, YES !!!!!!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

MNJAMIE ARNT YOU SO FRIGGIN PUMPED!!!!???? This is sucha good move!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

7 months, 3 weeks to Vikings pre-season & counting!

"singersp" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:

Didn't you also nail Childress on the head?

So many other people were throwing out names that made me cringe with fear.

I like what I'm seeing so far.

Not to "toot" my own horn, but yes myself and like 2 others felt childress was the man ... but he was my only choice. It just made sense.

Tomlin, with his contract up and being denied the opportunity to move on the last couple years, being the secondary guy for the Buc's since 2001 ... it was time for him to move on and he knew it. Not to mention, we have talent on our "D" and good veteran players in the secondary that I think can pick up the "tampa 2" quickly ... but also are athletic enough to actually execute ......

Page 1 of 18 123 11 ... LastLast