Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Tidbits

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Tomlin Tidbits

From Kffl.com:

Vikings | Tomlin has confidence in linebackers
    Wed, 21 Jun 2006 21:22:07 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin expressed the coaching staff's confidence in the team's linebackers. Tomlin said, "To be quite honest, the public is a lot more worried about the linebacker situation than we are. We're going to have some linebackers who can play and play at a high level. ... I hope that everybody continues to have sleepless nights in regards to the linebackers, but [the coaches] are going to sleep like babies."

Vikings | Tomlin pleased with progress in adjustment to Tampa-2
    Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:45:36 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin is "very pleased" with the progress the team made in their adjustment to the Tampa-2 defensive scheme he has installed during offseason workouts. Tomlin said, "What we've been able to do in terms of the structure of the offseason has been good, but we have miles to go in terms of being football-ready."

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Re: Tomlin Tidbits

So Tomlin like his LBs

I know a lot of you have been worried about the group. But it seems that the coaches are confident about it, so there will be no Donnie Edwards in here Cajun.

I really hope he's right about them playing at a high level.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I hope "miles to go" doesn't mean mid-season.

There is only mini camp & pre-season before we start playing for the Lombardi trophy.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i think we do have a good amount of talent at the position; the trouble is finding who is the best

im sure the first couple weeks we'll see 2 people getting about equal reps; hopefully not, but i can see it happening

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Del Rio Guest

Like I've been saying for a year. We had talent we just didn't have coaches.

Everyone is ripping Napoleon Harris and yet he had to play under the worst D-Cord in the NFL.

The whole team gets a clean slate IMO. If they can't get it done under able body coaches who actually put their players in a position to win then they deserve the critisizm.

The key to our LB problem is someone/anyone needs to step up and be the field general and take control of the team from the LB position.

Sounds like Tomlin likes what he see's. Sounds good to me.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    So Tomlin like his LBs

I know a lot of you have been worried about the group. But it seems that the coaches are confident about it, so there will be no Donnie Edwards in here Cajun.

I really hope he's right about them playing at a high level.
    I hope so TOO...I really DO like Dontarrious as our MLB...and would LOVE nothing better than for him to step in and take over. The dude has 4.4 speed, was the Scholar-Athlete of the Year in the SEC his last (junior) year while he was in college, and is as big as the rest of the LBs. There is absolutely NO reason why he shouldn't be able to shine. Absent that, EJ should also be in the mix as should Nap.

My ONLY reason for even wanting Donnie Edwards in the first place is that he is BOTH a PROVEN commodity AND he could act as a mentor for our young LB corps to show them how it's done for a few years before they take over, creating continuity in our defense and consistently great defensive teams for years to come!!! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    From Kffl.com:

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin expressed the coaching staff's confidence in the team's linebackers. Tomlin said, "To be quite honest, the public is a lot more worried about the linebacker situation than we are. We're going to have some linebackers who can play and play at a high level. ... I hope that everybody continues to have sleepless nights in regards to the linebackers, but [the coaches] are going to sleep like babies."

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin is "very pleased" with the progress the team made in their adjustment to the Tampa-2 defensive scheme he has installed during offseason workouts. Tomlin said, "What we've been able to do in terms of the structure of the offseason has been good, but we have miles to go in terms of being football-ready."
    I don't think Tomlin would appreciate you talking about his "tidbits"! :evil4:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Like I've been saying for a year. We had talent we just didn't have coaches.

Everyone is ripping Napoleon Harris and yet he had to play under the worst D-Cord in the NFL.

The whole team gets a clean slate IMO. If they can't get it done under able body coaches who actually put their players in a position to win then they deserve the critisizm.

The key to our LB problem is someone/anyone needs to step up and be the field general and take control of the team from the LB position.

Sounds like Tomlin likes what he see's. Sounds good to me.
    This does sound encouraging. Tomlin likes the fact that none of the positions are set in stone yet. There's heavy competition. That's not always a bad thing at the LB position except for you do need that one field general to control the rest of the group. I don't think we have that. That's why Donnie Edwards would be a huge pick up. We need someone with the know-how on the field.

There is a lot of potential talent there. No doubt about it. Unfortunately I think Del Rio is correct in saying there hasn't been the coaching to teach the young LBs the NFL game. EJ, DT, NH are all good prospects. Bene Leber should be good as well and I have high hopes with Greenway. The talent is there is the teaching that has been lacking. The corrected the teaching part. WE now need the field general.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    From Kffl.com:

I don't think Tomlin would appreciate you talking about his "tidbits"! :evil4:
    Lucky for me I'm on the other side of the globe then, that I won't have to worry about him hunting me down.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

haha, i didnt even think of it that way until you said that..

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast