Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Tomlin might be given interview for Falcons job

"Vikes" wrote:
    He might be a good fit in ATL. I hate to see him leave, but the record on stopping the run was impressive. I hope Ziggy opens the piggy bank to save this guy.
    I don't think they would just let him walk right out of here either. But even if they open the piggy bank for him, if Tomlins dream is to become a HC, would more money alone be enough to make him turn down a HC position?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    He might be a good fit in ATL. I hate to see him leave, but the record on stopping the run was impressive. I hope Ziggy opens the piggy bank to save this guy.
    I don't think they would just let him walk right out of here either. But even if they open the piggy bank for him, if Tomlins dream is to become a HC, would more money alone be enough to make him turn down a HC position?

Thats a very good point singer.....if he feels its the right situation for him to be the head coach of a team im sure he will take the oppurtunity over money(im sure he will be making pretty good coin if he is hired as a head coach anyways)

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:

Thats a very good point singer.....if he feels its the right situation for him to be the head coach of a team im sure he will take the oppurtunity over money(im sure he will be making pretty good coin if he is hired as a head coach anyways)
    So Wilf should just give Childress's job to Tomlin...and let Childress go to Atlanta and deal with Ronnie Mexico!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

They couldn't possibley steal another coordinator form us could they?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

We should just give them Spielman back for nothing and keep Tomlin under lock and key.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

This is not what I wanted to read .... we can't afford to lose Tomlin and just wish there was something that we could do to keep him.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

My guess is that Tomlin isn't a real serious contender for a Head Coaching Vacancy but rather a good candidate to satisfy the Rooney Rule.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

I really dont see Tomlin going anywhere yet.

Maybe in a few years but not right now. I dont think he has the experience to be a HC just yet. Dont get me wrong, he has the potential without a question, but a few more years as a coordinator would do him well.

The thing about Payton and Mangini is they were tought by pretty prestigious head coaches (Belichick and Parcells). As far as Tomlin goes, Gruden and Childress are not the greatest teachers.

It's probably a bit premature for Tomlin to be a head coach, but who knows anything could happen.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    My guess is that Tomlin isn't a real serious contender for a Head Coaching Vacancy but rather a good candidate to satisfy the Rooney Rule.
    Yes, Tomlin is black & he does satisfy the Rooney rule. But so does Dennis Green.
    They are interviewing Tomlin & not Green. I'm sure there are also some coaches out there who satisfy the rule as well.

Let's face it. Tomlin excelled at Tampa Bay & what he did in just one year with our rushing defense was amazing.

He will be highly sought after, so what is so far fetched about teams going after him now, giving him a HC position & locking him up with a contract for the future.

While a good share of you fans here shrug this off as nothing more than a Rooney Rule satifaction & aren't worried, I think you better rethink your position IMO.

Personally, I'm not taking it lightly & I think there is a gol 'darnit good chance we could lose him & never see it coming.

You don't have to go to far back in the Vikings history to see how quickly one can lose a gol 'darnit good defensive coach.

Does Tony Dungy ring a bell?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:
    Yes, Tomlin is black & he does satisfy the Rooney rule. But so does Dennis Green.
    They are interviewing Tomlin & not Green. I'm sure there are also some coaches out there who satisfy the rule as well.

Let's face it. Tomlin excelled at Tampa Bay & what he did in just one year with our rushing defense was amazing.

He will be highly sought after, so what is so far fetched about teams going after him now, giving him a HC position & locking him up with a contract for the future.

While a good share of you fans here shrug this off as nothing more than a Rooney Rule satifaction & aren't worried, I think you better rethink your position IMO.

Personally, I'm not taking it lightly & I think there is a gol 'darnit good chance we could lose him & never see it coming.

You don't have to go to far back in the Vikings history to see how quickly one can lose a gol 'darnit good defensive coach.

Does Tony Dungy ring a bell?

I agreee with you

Of course he's not black, but we also lost Billick at same time and look what' he's done. 1998 was hard on us in several ways.

The only place I don't see Tomlin going is to Pittsburgh.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast