Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53
  1. #11
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Tomlin might be given interview for Falcons job

    "Vikes" wrote:
    He might be a good fit in ATL. I hate to see him leave, but the record on stopping the run was impressive. I hope Ziggy opens the piggy bank to save this guy.
    I don't think they would just let him walk right out of here either. But even if they open the piggy bank for him, if Tomlins dream is to become a HC, would more money alone be enough to make him turn down a HC position?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    969

    Re: Tomlin might be given interview for Falcons job

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    He might be a good fit in ATL. I hate to see him leave, but the record on stopping the run was impressive. I hope Ziggy opens the piggy bank to save this guy.
    I don't think they would just let him walk right out of here either. But even if they open the piggy bank for him, if Tomlins dream is to become a HC, would more money alone be enough to make him turn down a HC position?

    Thats a very good point singer.....if he feels its the right situation for him to be the head coach of a team im sure he will take the oppurtunity over money(im sure he will be making pretty good coin if he is hired as a head coach anyways)

  3. #13
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Tomlin might be given interview for Falcons job

    "vikings_fan66" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    He might be a good fit in ATL. I hate to see him leave, but the record on stopping the run was impressive. I hope Ziggy opens the piggy bank to save this guy.
    I don't think they would just let him walk right out of here either. But even if they open the piggy bank for him, if Tomlins dream is to become a HC, would more money alone be enough to make him turn down a HC position?

    Thats a very good point singer.....if he feels its the right situation for him to be the head coach of a team im sure he will take the oppurtunity over money(im sure he will be making pretty good coin if he is hired as a head coach anyways)
    So Wilf should just give Childress's job to Tomlin...and let Childress go to Atlanta and deal with Ronnie Mexico!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #14
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Tomlin might be given interview for Falcons job

    They couldn't possibley steal another coordinator form us could they?

  5. #15
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Tomlin might be given interview for Falcons job

    We should just give them Spielman back for nothing and keep Tomlin under lock and key.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  6. #16
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Tomlin might be given interview for Falcons job

    This is not what I wanted to read .... we can't afford to lose Tomlin and just wish there was something that we could do to keep him.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  7. #17
    VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,433

    Re: Tomlin might be given interview for Falcons job

    My guess is that Tomlin isn't a real serious contender for a Head Coaching Vacancy but rather a good candidate to satisfy the Rooney Rule.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

  8. #18
    Property0f's Avatar
    Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    436

    Re: Tomlin might be given interview for Falcons job

    I really dont see Tomlin going anywhere yet.

    Maybe in a few years but not right now. I dont think he has the experience to be a HC just yet. Dont get me wrong, he has the potential without a question, but a few more years as a coordinator would do him well.

    The thing about Payton and Mangini is they were tought by pretty prestigious head coaches (Belichick and Parcells). As far as Tomlin goes, Gruden and Childress are not the greatest teachers.

    It's probably a bit premature for Tomlin to be a head coach, but who knows anything could happen.

  9. #19
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Tomlin might be given interview for Falcons job

    "VikemanX84" wrote:
    My guess is that Tomlin isn't a real serious contender for a Head Coaching Vacancy but rather a good candidate to satisfy the Rooney Rule.
    Yes, Tomlin is black & he does satisfy the Rooney rule. But so does Dennis Green.
    They are interviewing Tomlin & not Green. I'm sure there are also some coaches out there who satisfy the rule as well.

    Let's face it. Tomlin excelled at Tampa Bay & what he did in just one year with our rushing defense was amazing.

    He will be highly sought after, so what is so far fetched about teams going after him now, giving him a HC position & locking him up with a contract for the future.

    While a good share of you fans here shrug this off as nothing more than a Rooney Rule satifaction & aren't worried, I think you better rethink your position IMO.

    Personally, I'm not taking it lightly & I think there is a gol 'darnit good chance we could lose him & never see it coming.

    You don't have to go to far back in the Vikings history to see how quickly one can lose a gol 'darnit good defensive coach.

    Does Tony Dungy ring a bell?


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #20
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: Tomlin might be given interview for Falcons job

    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:
    My guess is that Tomlin isn't a real serious contender for a Head Coaching Vacancy but rather a good candidate to satisfy the Rooney Rule.
    Yes, Tomlin is black & he does satisfy the Rooney rule. But so does Dennis Green.
    They are interviewing Tomlin & not Green. I'm sure there are also some coaches out there who satisfy the rule as well.

    Let's face it. Tomlin excelled at Tampa Bay & what he did in just one year with our rushing defense was amazing.

    He will be highly sought after, so what is so far fetched about teams going after him now, giving him a HC position & locking him up with a contract for the future.

    While a good share of you fans here shrug this off as nothing more than a Rooney Rule satifaction & aren't worried, I think you better rethink your position IMO.

    Personally, I'm not taking it lightly & I think there is a gol 'darnit good chance we could lose him & never see it coming.

    You don't have to go to far back in the Vikings history to see how quickly one can lose a gol 'darnit good defensive coach.

    Does Tony Dungy ring a bell?

    I agreee with you

    Of course he's not black, but we also lost Billick at same time and look what' he's done. 1998 was hard on us in several ways.

    The only place I don't see Tomlin going is to Pittsburgh.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tomlin to interview with Dolphins
    By marcosMN in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 09:22 AM
  2. (Merged) Dolphins Get Ok to Interview Tomlin
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 01:33 PM
  3. (Merged) Dolphins to interview Vikings defensive coordinator Tomlin
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. Tomlin Interview 09/21/06
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2006, 05:01 AM
  5. Quotes From Camp: Mike Tomlin Interview
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 09:47 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •