Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tomlin gettin some respect

That would suck to lose Tomlin, but hopefully that is many years away.. If and when that happens, we still have other defensive coaches that came over here with him from Tampa (Joe Woods) that could lay the groundwork and keep this defense running..

Hopefully we won't have to worry about that for some time.. It is very nice having a DC that knows how to play the offense, and control the game.. Childress put together a very young, knowledgeable staff when he took the reigns here in Minnesota.. My guess is that they will be together for a long time..

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Tomlin gettin some respect

"digital420" wrote:
    i've said it before and i'll say it again.. a coaching staff with an intelligence besides just football knowledge is something we've missed.. we've had some great football minds in and out.. but we havn't had a great coaching staff in a long time.

B.chill changed out the staff to fit what he saw as what he wanted. all in all you have to give him credit for the team he has put together.

just like players, i'm starting to see B.chill's decisions carried a lot of thought, understanding of personel, and a vision of where he wanted to go with this team.

Mr. T!! welcome to MN!!! welcome to the frigid north, and welcome to Vikings Territory!!

DiGiTaL
    Didn't you say that before? lol!

It may be a little early to be anointing with oil, but I agree with you. The puzzle pieces appear to be in place and Tomlin reminds me a little of Dungy when he was here.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12