Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Today's game (POLL respond please), what was good???

The D was ok. But the Bears offense isnt as good as so many think. And our D lost the game so...

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

i think basically we did a great job but just need to hold onto ball alittle better, the only thing i was alittle upset about was the paly calling on that last drive, we were moving the ball and was getting some good runs, it was 4th and 2, we hould of either run or did a high percentage short pass, atleast get into field goal range before we trya pass like that...atleast a field goal would of tied it up if we didnt make it..but thats my opinion
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

im glad to see no one, as of yet has voted for play calls. brad childress should blame this loss on himself, he could have given his players a chance, but in the end tried to outsmart one of the best defenses, not happening. if mike tice was the coach everyone here and there mother would be screaming bloody murder. last week we won, but he did the same thing, 3rd and short and he calls for a deep bomb, incomplete. your not going to fool anyone if you keep trying it. but then again, he'l be a genius if brad johnson ever completes a short 3rd down deep bomb. sigh.

- i didnt get a good look, but on the forced fumble that accounted for the go ahead score, seemed like the bears were offsides.

- passinterferensce on wiliamson was rediculous, gave the bears the momentum they needed.

im optimistic, but some of the old ways were shining thru once again. penalties in key situations, thought brad was a desciplinarian (i cant spell worth....) another game (like games past) that we could have won. oh well, i dont believe its a "next season its our turn" yet, only week 3, a lot can happen in 14 weeks.

chester taylor is good. even when hes caught behind the line of scrimage he manages to slip through for a no loss run. and memo can certainly break those tackles and run too. good things to look forward to from both of them.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

another thought on the coverage.
    in key situations the coverage was lacking because someone felt it was nessecary to blitz on 3rd down. leaving a WR or TE wide open. anyone read TMQ on espn page 2? he mentions it all the time, most of the time a blitz on third down is high risk low reward, meaning 1st downs for the offense when a defense blitzes on 3rd down. and they didnt learn, 3rd down blitz...first down bears,over and over....again, playcalling very sketchy and should be critisized, so they dont make the same mistakes again and again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12