Thread: Today's Game

Abyss is offline Training Camp

Today's Game

Today's game is a joke We should have just forfit it

CrazyAtMSU is offline Training Camp

Today's Game

agreed... these guys are gettin paid millions to play football, and having a bad day is one thing, but showing effort like they are showing is embarrassing for the team and its fans

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Today's Game

At least it won't be a shutout...c'mon

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Today's Game

Yes, patheitc!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Today's Game

I wouldn't get too upset (yet).

These guys have your number...that's the best way to put it. I still put the Vikes near the top of the league, and sometimes you just have a team that owns you mentally.

I alluded to the Packer/Cowboy rivalry in the 90's...this might be your hump to get over. It's been thought that if we weren't so mentally owned by the Cowboys, we would have won a SuperBowl in 95, also.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Today's Game

But LA, how has the pack done in recent years vs the 'Boys?
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Today's Game

it is one game, a very bad one, but a good team is not judged by a loss, it is judged by how they react, last year we failed at that this year i hope will not be the same but what a brutal stretch to recover during though, at indy and at GB, i will be happy to go 1-1
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Today's Game

"CanuckVike" wrote:
    But LA, how has the pack done in recent years vs the 'Boys?
    I'll tell you a little story. I'm very superstitious, or at least, a strong believer in karma.

The Cowboys beat the Packers in 6 straight games, many of them playoff games, in the early to mid 90's.

The year the Packers won the Super Bowl, we did not have to play them in the regular season, and fate so turned out that we didn't face them in the playoffs.

The following year, after we were Super Bowl champs, we faced them in the regular season, at home. The anticipation and emotion for this game was unreal. People reacted as if this were the Super Bowl, and the Packers kind of did, too. It was the "Showdown in Titletown".

We won, but I remember thinking at the time that I hoped we hadn't played our only trump card to win that one, if you get the analogy. We spent ourselves completely on that game, for vindication, and the celebration was over the top.

Then, as you know, we couldn't pull off another victory in the Super Bowl. I still believe to this day if we had lost to the Cowboys in the regular season, we would have won the Super Bowl, because we would still have had an "edge" to prove ourselves.

I wouldn't agonize too much about this game. It might be the best thing to happen to you this season. Now, you have to prove yourselves all over again.

The Packers have to approach every game for the rest of the season as the "biggest game". You guys have been cruising for a couple of weeks. You might find this was as important to you as a win. Depends on how Tice and Co. react to it.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.