Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

Re: Today, I am ashamed.....

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Trust me, even the most pesimistic (or realistic) fans like myself, are both very proud and excited we won the NFC North and went 10-6. Some of us see flaws with the team, and dont wear purple shades 24/7. Doesnt make us any less of fans. And this is the best Vikings site there is. In fact I think its one of the best sports sites period. What good would a sports site be if everyone agreed?
    Your right
    +1

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesFan787" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "MN_SkolVikings_NC" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    Today am I am ashamed to call myself a fan of this team, if this is the group I have to lump myself in with.
    If you want to lump yourself in with what PPO really is about, then show up at the tailgate on this Sunday and experience it for yourself.

=Z=
    Flight comes in on Sunday, so not sure how much time I'll have to tailgate, but if I can, I'll take you up on it.
    Where do you tailgate?
    I think I need to be around some actual fans.
    You should be ashamed that you are not tailgating.
    Some of us can't tailgate. I can't travel up to Minnesota every Sunday and there are no Vikings fan's here. There is more than one way to be a true fan.
    That one flew over you head.

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Trust me, even the most pesimistic (or realistic) fans like myself, are both very proud and excited we won the NFC North and went 10-6. Some of us see flaws with the team, and dont wear purple shades 24/7. Doesnt make us any less of fans. And this is the best Vikings site there is. In fact I think its one of the best sports sites period. What good would a sports site be if everyone agreed?
    Man this is beautifuly said

Thats what makes this site and message boards so awesome they gave you such a borad range of opinions that you would not normaly be exposed to.

I am an extremly optimistic viking fan but I do enjoy sharing thoughts with Vikings fans who differ from me. They keep my homerism in check

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikesFan787" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    Today am I am ashamed to call myself a fan of this team, if this is the group I have to lump myself in with.
    If you want to lump yourself in with what PPO really is about, then show up at the tailgate on this Sunday and experience it for yourself.

=Z=
    Flight comes in on Sunday, so not sure how much time I'll have to tailgate, but if I can, I'll take you up on it.
    Where do you tailgate?
    I think I need to be around some actual fans.
    You should be ashamed that you are not tailgating.
    Some of us can't tailgate. I can't travel up to Minnesota every Sunday and there are no Vikings fan's here. There is more than one way to be a true fan.
    Yet you crucify others for not being at the game....

.....Threads about tickets not being sold yet (shame on you fans.
    I am spending the money to not only buy tickets, but fly 1500 miles to see that game and support my team)......
    Well guess what, not every Viking fan can be there every Sunday either.

Not every Viking fan sweeps the negative aspects of this team under the rug like, pretends it doesn't exist & thinks everything is all rosy. That is not the definition of a true fan. The card you chose to play. True fans are those who stick with the team year after year in good times & in bad.

If you don't address the problems & correct them, you won't make it to the big dance. We discuss those things, good bad & indifferent.

A lot of good things were said about our win yesterday by many posters, but you only chose to dwell on anything that was negatively said in the past week.

If we don't pick up our game & play the best ball that we can possibly play this weekend, we will be 1 & done in the playoffs. The players know that, the coaching staff knows that, Wilf knows that & many fans here know that, including myself.

I for one am not ashamed to admit it. That does not mean I am not a "true" fan

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

i spend my money on food. just cant quite starve myself to fly up and go to a game yet. my bad. im a terrible fan.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Man this is beautifuly said

Thats what makes this site and message boards so awesome they gave you such a borad range of opinions that you would not normaly be exposed to.

I am an extremly optimistic viking fan but I do enjoy sharing thoughts with Vikings fans who differ from me. They keep my homerism in check
    Wow.
    Very nice to hear.
    Thanks to everyone here who actually makes that a reality.

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

"singersp" wrote:

I'm 29 and have been a fan since before I could talk.
    I've been through all the tough times and had my heart broken MANY times by the Vikes.
    So I can understand, somewhat.
    29 means you were born in 1989. How in God's name can you even say "I've been through all the tough times"? Hell, they have been around since 1961. You haven't even see most of the tough times. Not one Super Bowl, not the Les Steckel year, not even one of Jerry Burns' seasons.

I highly doubt you understood the game & were a fan at the age of 2 (before you could speak)

Besides, most of the threads you spoke of, existed before yesterdays game. Our team is not flawless & we have our share of shortcomings. It's a forum, we talk about all things good & bad.

Wow I actually get to correct Singer...check your math, man...haha.

There is a lot of negativity on this site.
    Those of us who are on here a lot know how there are always more post game thoughts about our team after a loss.
    We also know about the level of negativity in the Live Chat during games.
    The thing is that when you're a regular you can tell who can back up their negativity with positive passion.

To our topic starter, I envy the fact that you can make it to the game...please cheer loudly for all of us!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"huxx" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I've been through all the tough times and had my heart broken MANY times by the Vikes.
    29 means you were born in 1989. How in God's name can you even say "I've been through all the tough times"? Hell, they have been around since 1961. You haven't even see most of the tough times. Not one Super Bowl, not the Les Steckel year, not even one of Jerry Burns' seasons.

I highly doubt you understood the game & were a fan at the age of 2 (before you could speak)

Besides, most of the threads you spoke of, existed before yesterdays game. Our team is not flawless & we have our share of shortcomings. It's a forum, we talk about all things good & bad.

Wow I actually get to correct Singer...check your math, man...haha.

There is a lot of negativity on this site.
    Those of us who are on here a lot know how there are always more post game thoughts about our team after a loss.
    We also know about the level of negativity in the Live Chat during games.
    The thing is that when you're a regular you can tell who can back up their negativity with positive passion.

To our topic starter, I envy the fact that you can make it to the game...please cheer loudly for all of us!
    hell i'm 19 and born in 1989, if you somehow managed to squeeze in an extra 10 years, please tell me how!

Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

I am sorry, but I need to rant and call you people out.
    (Not of all you, but some)

Today should be a day of celebration!
    We WON our way into the playoffs and won the NFC North for the first time in a long time.
    Our beloved Purple overcame 2 changes of quarterbacks, loss of our leader on defense with the injury of EJ, possible loss of 2 probowl D Tackles, the loss of one of them for a couple of games, tough losses, tough wins, and a slew of other adversities to win the division and put ourselves in as the #3 seed in the NFC playoffs.

With all that all I hear today is negativity, pessimism, and insults hurled toward our team.
    Threads about tickets not being sold yet (shame on you fans.
    I am spending the money to not only buy tickets, but fly 1500 miles to see that game and support my team), threads about Cedric, AD, and so on's problems.
    I have been listening to KFan online and had to hear Chad and Zulgad sit and berate our team with talk about how we have no chance to win any more than one, and probably not even one.

Now, I have been through some of the bad times.

HOWEVER, I would have liked to have at least ONE day to celebrate the win, the division championship, and the possibilty of going somewhere in the playoffs.
    I woke up this morning bright and happy.
    It was one of the best Mondays I've had in a long time until I got online and heard people who are "supposed" fans of this team berate and minimalize this team.

I said it before and I mean evrey word.
    I can't celebrate barely winning a div. with a collective 25-39 win-loss record who has an 0-16 franchise to contend with.
    I also can't celebrate losing a "win-and-in" HOME game to a rookie QB with a rookie HC.
    I will not celebrate barely beating a team who had absolutely nothing to play for and played back-ups and scruffs for most of the entire second half.
    I do not come from or have ever lived in Disneyland.
    Where I come from they take pride in being a champion, and do not celebrate complacancy, or mediocraty.
    I want more from my football team!!!
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Everyonce in awhile you come up with a true gem........

Excellent post my friend.

On a side note,,,,...... its threads like this to which I got up on the soap box a bit yesterday........

Did I miss the memo or something that has put out a mandate that we are only supposed to talk about the positives?

Seriously, not picking on you EJ, however, what the hell is up with everyone pissing and moaning when we talk about a flaw with the team?
    It sure the hell doesn't by any means (with respect to me) take anything away from what has and will be done so far by this squad, its coaching staff, its front office and its fans.......
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...6916#msg886916
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast