Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re: Today, I am ashamed.....

Myself I love the fact the Vikes made the playoffs.
    It's at least ONE more game.
    I personally wish the season would never end.
    Football is a sure fire reason to get away from my girlfriend, go to the sports bar, drink lots of beer with other Vike fans and this week Eagle fans, talk trash, cheer and jeer.

The off season is like standing in line (not at a tailgate) to go to the game where you talk about the game with the guy next to you, but it takes 9 months to get in.
    It's a LOOONNNGGG 9 months.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

"MN_SkolVikings_NC" wrote:
    I am sorry, but I need to rant and call you people out.
    (Not of all you, but some)

Today should be a day of celebration!
    We WON our way into the playoffs and won the NFC North for the first time in a long time.
    Our beloved Purple overcame 2 changes of quarterbacks, loss of our leader on defense with the injury of EJ, possible loss of 2 probowl D Tackles, the loss of one of them for a couple of games, tough losses, tough wins, and a slew of other adversities to win the division and put ourselves in as the #3 seed in the NFC playoffs.

With all that all I hear today is negativity, pessimism, and insults hurled toward our team.
    Threads about tickets not being sold yet (shame on you fans.
    I am spending the money to not only buy tickets, but fly 1500 miles to see that game and support my team), threads about Cedric, AD, and so on's problems.
    I have been listening to KFan online and had to hear Chad and Zulgad sit and berate our team with talk about how we have no chance to win any more than one, and probably not even one.

Now, I have been through some of the bad times.
    I'm 29 and have been a fan since before I could talk.
    I've been through all the tough times and had my heart broken MANY times by the Vikes.
    So I can understand, somewhat.

HOWEVER, I would have liked to have at least ONE day to celebrate the win, the division championship, and the possibilty of going somewhere in the playoffs.
    I woke up this morning bright and happy.
    It was one of the best Mondays I've had in a long time until I got online and heard people who are "supposed" fans of this team berate and minimalize this team.

Today am I am ashamed to call myself a fan of this team, if this is the group I have to lump myself in with.
    Do not worry...even here on this site...some of us just do not belong or are not a priority )

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"gagarr" wrote:
    Football is a sure fire reason to get away from my girlfriend, go to the sports bar, drink lots of beer with other Vike fans and this week Eagle fans, talk trash, cheer and jeer.

The off season is like standing in line (not at a tailgate) to go to the game where you talk about the game with the guy next to you, but it takes 9 months to get in.
    I just love the fact the Vikings are playing one more game this season than the Cowboys, Packers and Patriots... to me, that makes my season right htere.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I've been through all the tough times and had my heart broken MANY times by the Vikes.
    29 means you were born in 1989. How in God's name can you even say "I've been through all the tough times"? Hell, they have been around since 1961. You haven't even see most of the tough times. Not one Super Bowl, not the Les Steckel year, not even one of Jerry Burns' seasons.

I highly doubt you understood the game & were a fan at the age of 2 (before you could speak)

Besides, most of the threads you spoke of, existed before yesterdays game. Our team is not flawless & we have our share of shortcomings. It's a forum, we talk about all things good & bad.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:

I just love the fact the Vikings are playing one more game this season than the Cowboys, Packers and Patriots... to me, that makes my season right htere.
    +1
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"Guruzen" wrote:
    I am sorry, but I need to rant and call you people out.
    (Not of all you, but some)

Today should be a day of celebration!
    We WON our way into the playoffs and won the NFC North for the first time in a long time.
    Our beloved Purple overcame 2 changes of quarterbacks, loss of our leader on defense with the injury of EJ, possible loss of 2 probowl D Tackles, the loss of one of them for a couple of games, tough losses, tough wins, and a slew of other adversities to win the division and put ourselves in as the #3 seed in the NFC playoffs.

With all that all I hear today is negativity, pessimism, and insults hurled toward our team.
    Threads about tickets not being sold yet (shame on you fans.
    I am spending the money to not only buy tickets, but fly 1500 miles to see that game and support my team), threads about Cedric, AD, and so on's problems.
    I have been listening to KFan online and had to hear Chad and Zulgad sit and berate our team with talk about how we have no chance to win any more than one, and probably not even one.

Now, I have been through some of the bad times.

HOWEVER, I would have liked to have at least ONE day to celebrate the win, the division championship, and the possibilty of going somewhere in the playoffs.
    I woke up this morning bright and happy.
    It was one of the best Mondays I've had in a long time until I got online and heard people who are "supposed" fans of this team berate and minimalize this team.

Today am I am ashamed to call myself a fan of this team, if this is the group I have to lump myself in with.
    Dude, I agree with what you're saying but there are many things that you just can't ignore:

It
    • [li]took everything we had yesterday to beat a bunch of backups with nothing to play for
      Take away Peterson's 67 yard run and he did practically nothing in that game
      Our D line got owned by the Giants... our pass rush was ineffective and they killed us with the slant
      Those last 50 seconds of the game raise serious questions about Childress' game management skills
      Peterson leads the league in fumbles
      TJ and the [/li]
      [li][/li]
    O line could not handle the blitz... The Eagles are masters at blitzing schemes and we will see a similar result

I too have tried to celebrate and brag but it's a hollow victory, being in such a weak division clinched against a team with nothing to play for. Rest assured, if we beat the Eagles this weekend we will be the chic SB pick!!!
    I hate when people say "take away that play, or take away this play." Take away their TD pass and they didn't even score a TD against us. IN Fact their First stringers couldn't do shit against our defense, its their second string (who we have NO film of who scored the TD). That is why a team you never play even if they are horrible can come in and beat up on a great team.

IF's don't count in football, mistakes do and when the mistakes happen you have to take advantage of them... if no team made mistakes than no team would lose a game... We are a great team... we have some ups and downs just like every other team, but i believe we can do this!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    If you want to lump yourself in with what PPO really is about, then show up at the tailgate on this Sunday and experience it for yourself.

=Z=
    Flight comes in on Sunday, so not sure how much time I'll have to tailgate, but if I can, I'll take you up on it.
    Where do you tailgate?
    I think I need to be around some actual fans.
    You should be ashamed that you are not tailgating.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

There is a lot of negativity on this site sometimes. But I still show up here so that when we do win I can say "I told you so."

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Trust me, even the most pesimistic (or realistic) fans like myself, are both very proud and excited we won the NFC North and went 10-6. Some of us see flaws with the team, and dont wear purple shades 24/7. Doesnt make us any less of fans. And this is the best Vikings site there is. In fact I think its one of the best sports sites period. What good would a sports site be if everyone agreed?

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    If you want to lump yourself in with what PPO really is about, then show up at the tailgate on this Sunday and experience it for yourself.

=Z=
    Flight comes in on Sunday, so not sure how much time I'll have to tailgate, but if I can, I'll take you up on it.
    Where do you tailgate?
    I think I need to be around some actual fans.
    You should be ashamed that you are not tailgating.
    Some of us can't tailgate. I can't travel up to Minnesota every Sunday and there are no Vikings fan's here. There is more than one way to be a true fan.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast