Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Today, I am ashamed.....

I am sorry, but I need to rant and call you people out.
    (Not of all you, but some)

Today should be a day of celebration!
    We WON our way into the playoffs and won the NFC North for the first time in a long time.
    Our beloved Purple overcame 2 changes of quarterbacks, loss of our leader on defense with the injury of EJ, possible loss of 2 probowl D Tackles, the loss of one of them for a couple of games, tough losses, tough wins, and a slew of other adversities to win the division and put ourselves in as the #3 seed in the NFC playoffs.

With all that all I hear today is negativity, pessimism, and insults hurled toward our team.
    Threads about tickets not being sold yet (shame on you fans.
    I am spending the money to not only buy tickets, but fly 1500 miles to see that game and support my team), threads about Cedric, AD, and so on's problems.
    I have been listening to KFan online and had to hear Chad and Zulgad sit and berate our team with talk about how we have no chance to win any more than one, and probably not even one.

Now, I have been through some of the bad times.
    I'm 29 and have been a fan since before I could talk.
    I've been through all the tough times and had my heart broken MANY times by the Vikes.
    So I can understand, somewhat.

HOWEVER, I would have liked to have at least ONE day to celebrate the win, the division championship, and the possibilty of going somewhere in the playoffs.
    I woke up this morning bright and happy.
    It was one of the best Mondays I've had in a long time until I got online and heard people who are "supposed" fans of this team berate and minimalize this team.

Today am I am ashamed to call myself a fan of this team, if this is the group I have to lump myself in with.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Today, I am ashamed.....

"MN_SkolVikings_NC" wrote:
    Today am I am ashamed to call myself a fan of this team, if this is the group I have to lump myself in with.
    If you want to lump yourself in with what PPO really is about, then show up at the tailgate on this Sunday and experience it for yourself.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    If you want to lump yourself in with what PPO really is about, then show up at the tailgate on this Sunday and experience it for yourself.

=Z=
    Flight comes in on Sunday, so not sure how much time I'll have to tailgate, but if I can, I'll take you up on it.
    Where do you tailgate?
    I think I need to be around some actual fans.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    Flight comes in on Sunday, so not sure how much time I'll have to tailgate, but if I can, I'll take you up on it.
    Where do you tailgate?
    I don't know where the Eagle fans are tailgating.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Guruzen is offline Starter

I am sorry, but I need to rant and call you people out.
    (Not of all you, but some)

Today should be a day of celebration!
    We WON our way into the playoffs and won the NFC North for the first time in a long time.
    Our beloved Purple overcame 2 changes of quarterbacks, loss of our leader on defense with the injury of EJ, possible loss of 2 probowl D Tackles, the loss of one of them for a couple of games, tough losses, tough wins, and a slew of other adversities to win the division and put ourselves in as the #3 seed in the NFC playoffs.

With all that all I hear today is negativity, pessimism, and insults hurled toward our team.
    Threads about tickets not being sold yet (shame on you fans.
    I am spending the money to not only buy tickets, but fly 1500 miles to see that game and support my team), threads about Cedric, AD, and so on's problems.
    I have been listening to KFan online and had to hear Chad and Zulgad sit and berate our team with talk about how we have no chance to win any more than one, and probably not even one.

Now, I have been through some of the bad times.
    I'm 29 and have been a fan since before I could talk.
    I've been through all the tough times and had my heart broken MANY times by the Vikes.
    So I can understand, somewhat.

HOWEVER, I would have liked to have at least ONE day to celebrate the win, the division championship, and the possibilty of going somewhere in the playoffs.
    I woke up this morning bright and happy.
    It was one of the best Mondays I've had in a long time until I got online and heard people who are "supposed" fans of this team berate and minimalize this team.

Dude, I agree with what you're saying but there are many things that you just can't ignore:

It
    • [li]took everything we had yesterday to beat a bunch of backups with nothing to play for
      Take away Peterson's 67 yard run and he did practically nothing in that game
      Our D line got owned by the Giants... our pass rush was ineffective and they killed us with the slant
      Those last 50 seconds of the game raise serious questions about Childress' game management skills
      Peterson leads the league in fumbles
      TJ and the [/li]
      [li][/li]
    O line could not handle the blitz... The Eagles are masters at blitzing schemes and we will see a similar result

I too have tried to celebrate and brag but it's a hollow victory, being in such a weak division clinched against a team with nothing to play for. Rest assured, if we beat the Eagles this weekend we will be the chic SB pick!!!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    Where do you tailgate?
    PPO tailgates - LITERALLY - in the shadow of the Dome.
    That made for some extra cold on Sunday, but it was well worth it.
    See the Official Tailgate thread for all the details.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    Where do you tailgate?
    .... as I was saying.
    Nothing proud in the PurplePride.
    Enjoy the game if you are not too busy b**ching about the team on the internet when they are playing.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    Where do you tailgate?
    .... as I was saying.
    Nothing proud in the PurplePride.
    Enjoy the game if you are not too busy b**ching about the team on the internet when they are playing.
    I guess you didn't catch my tongue-in-cheek post which was agreeing with your first post.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Ashamed of negativity...yet you post negativity?

:

Maybe we are not "fans" like you are.
    So fucken what.
    These type of threads piss me off.
    You don't like some opinions and they are making you ashamed?
    Grow some thick skin like the rest of us or don't read it!
    Is it really that damn hard?

So relax...this is the way it is and always has been.
    If you were a fan before you could talk you would know this.

There are a ton a positive posts out there from many insightful members.

So, keep your chin up little soldier.

Trig is offline Waterboy

Found this interesting quote

“Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the beginning.” - Gandhi

Perhaps a little more belief, hope, faith whatever you want to call it - and our boys can step it up to the next level.

Go Vikings!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast