Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Toby Gerhart is ready to prove himself to fans

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1104858
    I think last year he was one of the very few improvements on the team. Chester average 3.6ypc as part of an incredible offense the year before(still better than the 2.4 he had with the bears last year). Gerhart averaged 4.0 on an incredibly mediocre offense.
    I think the only thing that stopped last year being a great one for Toby was the fumbles.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

IMO, The reason he's not a fan favorite just yet is because he's not that fast, not very elusive, and showed a tendency to cough up the ball. I have a feeling he will turn into a fan favorite eventually, perhaps along the same lines as say Kleinsauser, but first we as fans have to accept he's not going to be the speedy elusive back. He's a bruising, straight line runner who should only show improvement, especially if he can hold on to the ball. Again, not the sexiest of styles, but if he becomes a bigger part of the offense fans will appreciate him more.

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1104862
    IMO, The reason he's not a fan favorite just yet is because he's not that fast, not very elusive, and showed a tendency to cough up the ball. I have a feeling he will turn into a fan favorite eventually, perhaps along the same lines as say Kleinsauser, but first we as fans have to accept he's not going to be the speedy elusive back. He's a bruising, straight line runner who should only show improvement, especially if he can hold on to the ball. Again, not the sexiest of styles, but if he becomes a bigger part of the offense fans will appreciate him more.
    Good post.. agree with the 'Sauce comparisons, just likeable, solid guys.

purplemonstar is offline Banned

He's gonna have a big year! I'm feeling it!

Quote Originally Posted by "purplemonstar" #1104964
    He's gonna have a big year! I'm feeling it!
    Hope so, im expecting a good year from all 3 of our backs

I like Toby and I think he has a great work ethic and doesn't have a mouth on him for the most part.

My biggest beef with him is he tends to stand up or get leveraged up at the point of contact too often which stops him in his tracks. I think he needs more of the Mike Alstott approach of running with a really low center of gravity and keep the boom lowered and drive.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1104862
    I'm still suprised at how many people seem to question his speed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "battleaxe4cheese" #1104992
    I like Toby and I think he has a great work ethic and doesn't have a mouth on him for the most part.

My biggest beef with him is he tends to stand up or get leveraged up at the point of contact too often which stops him in his tracks. I think he needs more of the Mike Alstott approach of running with a really low center of gravity and keep the boom lowered and drive.
    Now thats one hell of a good observation. Truth is, I've never really given it much thought but am going to watch for it a bit more now.

Thanks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12