Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Toby Gerhart is ready to prove himself to fans

Apparently Gerhart has passed the necessary locker room tests in the last year.

"He goes out there, does his job, doesn't complain, works hard every time he gets on the field," Winfield said. "We need him. He produced a little bit for us last year."
    Offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave calls Gerhart "awfully sharp." After his rocky start, perhaps absorbing Musgrave's new offense should be a minimal test for Gerhart.

"He has a different running style than Adrian, but we're going to do a good job of keeping Adrian fresh and getting Toby on the field," Musgrave said.
    After proving himself to fellow Vikings during his rookie year, Toby Gerhart is ready to prove himself to fans
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Toby Gerhart is ready to prove himself to fans

Wow, no comments on Toby? Here's another interesting article with some nice quotes about what happened last year and whats expected this year.......

Gerhart pays dues, learns from it

On a side note, this is what I think of when I think of Vets teaching rooks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I like everything about Gerhart. He definetly has all the tools to be a pro for many years.
    I think ball security has to be a top priority this year.

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1104625
    I like everything about Gerhart. He definetly has all the tools to be a pro for many years.
    I found the last comment in the article interesting as it relates to the last staff using him as a 3rd down back.

Atleast for me, I never saw them do that. My understanding has always been that he is the primary backup to AD. Not a 3rd down back. That was CT's and then Bookers job.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Yup agree.

Still don't like the pick we took him with, but he is a solid kid, smart and is a nice option to AP.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I'm with you completely. I don't think the fans have really given him a fair shake. He has a giant shadow to back up... not many running backs, rookie or not would be able to come close to the shadow of AP.

I think he has all of the fundamentals, now its a matter of working on the tecnique. He'll get the turnovers down and he'll be a very solid back up. In a couple years, most teams would probably kill to have him as a starter.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

With recent news that Adrian Peterson is going to be more involved with the passing game including playing third downs in unison with Lorenzo Booker’s solid preseason game versus the Titans, it begs the question if we should start considering Toby Gerhart a bust... i stopped reading at that point. SMDH

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I think last year he was one of the very few improvements on the team. Chester average 3.6ypc as part of an incredible offense the year before(still better than the 2.4 he had with the bears last year). Gerhart averaged 4.0 on an incredibly mediocre offense.

Brad C. is offline Waterboy

He's averaging around a half-yard more per carry than Reggie Bush was after his rookie season.

People who say Toby is a bust simply don't understand his role and think every RB drafted in the 1st or 2nd should look like Peterson.
    None

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast