Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Toby Gerhart might see more carries

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Probably a good idea to save the wear and tear on AD this year. It would be nice if we could get some balance with Toby and AD.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I would love to see a formation with Rudolph and Shank at TE, Sasser at FB and Toby at tailback. Can you imagine the punishment we could put on the LB's and secondary with that group?

Actually that is what I would do against the Packers and run right over Matthews all game until he wore out.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    What a draft. A woman beating CB and a RB that might see more carries. No wonder our team blows.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I would love to see a formation with Rudolph and Shank at TE, Sasser at FB and Toby at tailback. Can you imagine the punishment we could put on the LB's and secondary with that group?

Actually that is what I would do against the Packers and run right over Matthews all game until he wore out.
    Guion was the FB on the first TD that AP scored last week. He went to the right to block Matthews but a defensive back got there first so he blocked him instead.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    What a draft. A woman beating CB and a RB that might see more carries. No wonder our team blows.
    made me lol
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Gift is offline Coordinator
    "Toby Gerhart might see more carries"
    ...well that sucks
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Actually doesn't suprise me. Toby ran well versus Carolina, and he's been a solid player for us. While he lacks Adrian's break away speed, he's a hard nosed runner.

I'd like to see more combos with Him and Adrian in the backfield simultaneously...keep defenses guessing.

Caine

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    I agree. Toby has been pretty decent and deserves a few carries. The two RB set also intrigues me.

It isn't really about how much Toby gets the ball. It's all about WHEN. To date, this has not been great. Some of his calls have really had me scratching my head. I'd expect to see him more on first downs later in the game, rather than third. He is a punisher, not a big play guy.

Is there any way we could maybe see Adrian, Toby and Percy all in the same backfield? Talk about your defensive nightmares.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    This is only to make our offense less predictable, and has nothing to do with the way that Toby is playing. It's also a result of the Percy injury. For instance, whenever we take out AP, the defense automatically knows we are passing. (Ala Brad Childress). If we throw Toby about 5 carries a game or so, it will be a lot less obvious when he comes in to pass block. It won't necessarily take carries away from AP. He will be getting the 3-5 extra carries that Percy has been getting every game this year. We can't afford to run Percy every game with the wear and tear that his body is taking.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast