RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Toby and Adrian out against Eagles

Minnesota Vikings running backs Adrian Peterson and Toby Gerhart are not expected to play in Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles due to injury, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday per a source.
    According to Rapoport, Peterson still might push to play and possibly could even work out on the field before the game. However, team sources said late Saturday that he almost certainly will be out.

This was a mild surprise, because as of early Saturday, players were informed that the belief was Peterson might be able to play, per Rapoport. KTWN-FM first reported the improbability of Peterson and Gerhart being in the Vikings' lineup Sunday.

Peterson has been battling both a lingering groin injury and a right mid-foot sprain, with the latter sustained in the team's Week 14 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. Gerhart tweaked his hamstring in the same game.

On Friday, Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said that both Peterson and Gerhart were questionable to play, with Peterson a game-time decision. However, with Peterson and Gerhart now likely out, Matt Asiata is listed as the third running back on the team's official depth chart, with Joe Banyard -- who recently was signed from the practice squad -- rounding out the backfield.

Vikings' Adrian Peterson, Toby Gerhart expected out - NFL.com
    This is going to be an ugly game. Since we have no running game I suspect Casell will get blitzed all day long.

WWBGD

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    This is going to be an ugly game. Since we have no running game I suspect Casell will get blitzed all day long.
    I hope Banyard gets some touches. I like what I saw from him in the preseason.
    I think the running game will be ok today.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    No AP an we score 48. Just goes to show you what can happen when you open up the passing game.
    RB's are role players now. It's a QB driven league.

Who had the over?
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    PS

We now draft 8th if (when) Oakland loses
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

RK.
    No AP an we score 48. Just goes to show you what can happen when you open up the passing game.
    However we did run the ball 30 times in this game. Not for the big yards that AP puts up but it was not all passing.

WWBGD

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suick View Post

Who had the over?
    I am thinking the same thing. It seems amazing that we have AP on the bench and suddenly we figure out how to pass the ball. If the team would worry less about making sure AP gets all his carries and worry about the passing game we might actually see a decent offense.

How did Asiata do at pass blocking?

Ranger is offline Coach
    You guys are right, Adrian Peterson is the source of all our offensive woes. Why, if he went to New England or New Orleans, their offenses would absolutely tank.

Purple Hooligan is offline Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    You guys are right, Adrian Peterson is the source of all our offensive woes. Why, if he went to New England or New Orleans, their offenses would absolutely tank.
    Nobody said anything close to this. It was simply stated that the offense shouldn't necessarily revolve around Adrian Peterson in a pass oriented league. I tend to agree with this, too. Peterson is obviously a fantastic running back, and one who should get plenty of touches. This being said, if you go in thinking you need average quarterback play to compliment Peterson, that's the best you'll get. Not only is average still not good enough with AP, it limits potential.

Opening up the pass as if we didn't have Adrian allows the quarterback and the offense to develop, rather than become reliant on a single player.

RK.
    There are a lot of games this year when Adrain did not run the ball 30 times as we did in this game. The reason Cassel had a good passing day is because he is getting a chance to play and get comfortable with his receivers. There is a big difference between starting and being the backup. Also the Eagles pass defense is not so great. This game we had a balanced game plan with runs and passes. Also we were not playing catch up ball in this game. We actually took the lead and stayed there for a change. If AP and Toby had been in we might have scored 60 pts in this game.

WWBGD