Thread: TMQ.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

TMQ.

Anyone else on this site a TMQ fan? He used to be on Espn.com, but Eisner gave him the boot. He now shows up on NFL.com. Has anyone read where, LOL, Scott Linehan is the "passion of the christ" guys brother in law, and hahahahha, thinks about the Vikings to act that well? What do you think???? Shoot, I really did LOL, at that.

eelpout72 is offline Starter

TMQ.

i havent read any of his columns after leaving espn.com, but I do think they were pretty entertaining and refreshing as he tends to look at the lighter side of football and points out some of the silliness in sports newswriting. i think that i'll go take a look....

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

TMQ.

Yeah, I've been reading his columns for quite a while. He puts an interesting spin on things. I even got mention in one of his weekly chalange items. (my one claim to fame - I was published on ESPN.com)

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

TMQ.

How cool, Jos. What was it that you got mentioned about on TMQ?

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

TMQ.

A couple seasons back, he asked people to compare current football players to characters in Shakespere's works. The winners of the "contest" were the hundreds of people that sent in the letters comparing Randy Moss to Hamlet, mainly for Hamlet's line "What an ass I am." Like I said, this was a couple of years ago, and the prevailing opinion of Moss outside of Minnesota was not good.

This happened to be during the season when the Bears went 13-3, and their D line was anchord by the 350+ lb tackles Ted Washington and Keith Traylor, who would both be in on rushing downs to plug up the middle of the field, but left during passing downs. This prompted me to send in a letter comparing the to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, also from Hamlet, because "they show up together, they leave together, and you're never quite sure which is which". That got me the honorable mention.