Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TJ to start

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: TJ to start

"Rambro" wrote:
    Jackson threw an interception with 1:54 remaining, committing the ultimate crime in this offense - daring to throw into the end zone - and the coach corrected his new quarterback. "He said I need to check down or run the ball and live to play another down," Jackson said.

...If he doesn't succeed in the NFL, it won't be for lack of arm, legs, work ethic or composure.
    Is whoever wrote this is trying to imply that Childress play calling is the reason Tavaris Jackson, a.k.a God's gift to the Vikings, will not succeed?

That's how it sounded to me.
    When you read what Childress said though, it actually does kind of sound like he's saying Action Jackson needs to be doing the same things that we hated Brad Johnson for, which is indeed, scary.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "Rambro" wrote:
    Jackson threw an interception with 1:54 remaining, committing the ultimate crime in this offense - daring to throw into the end zone - and the coach corrected his new quarterback. "He said I need to check down or run the ball and live to play another down," Jackson said.

...If he doesn't succeed in the NFL, it won't be for lack of arm, legs, work ethic or composure.
    Is whoever wrote this is trying to imply that Childress play calling is the reason Tavaris Jackson, a.k.a God's gift to the Vikings, will not succeed?

When you read what Childress said though, it actually does kind of sound like he's saying Action Jackson needs to be doing the same things that we hated Brad Johnson for, which is indeed, scary.
    Well, with a mobile QB that's a good philosophy. Tarvaris is going to use his speed and arm strength a lot.. That's his natural ability. Childress wants him to use his checkdowns and stay in the pocket without making crazy mistakes. Now melding those two styles is perfect for a young QB. We'll have to see if Childress will hold him back or let him go wild this thursday.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    "Rambro" wrote:

Well, with a mobile QB that's a good philosophy. Tarvaris is going to use his speed and arm strength a lot.. That's his natural ability. Childress wants him to use his checkdowns and stay in the pocket without making crazy mistakes. Now melding those two styles is perfect for a young QB. We'll have to see if Childress will hold him back or let him go wild this thursday.
    It's just a better decision to check down or run the ball there. The risk/reward is not there. Why throw into double coverage when you can check it down, gain 4 or 5 yards and then look to the endzone again?

I'm not sure what the article was implying though. It was either that Childress's style is wrong, or that Tarvaris's head is wrong. They don't mention his decision making in their list there. They mention physical attributes and compsure, not where to throw it when.

Toss2Moss84 is offline Starter

National TV
    At Lameblow
    Rookie Season
    First Start

The stage is set for Tarvaris' coming out party ala Moss '98. How how sweet it would be.

So the Tarvaris era officially begins.

It will be interesting to see how he performs for an entire game. I hope he comes out and does a great job.
    Even babies know the difference.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Toss2Moss84" wrote:
    National TV
    At Lameblow
    Rookie Season
    First Start

The stage is set for Tarvaris' coming out party ala Moss '98. How how sweet it would be.
    Moss who?

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"WVV" wrote:
    "Toss2Moss84" wrote:
    National TV
    At Lameblow
    Rookie Season
    First Start

Moss who?
    I could tell you if you'd like.

"Mr" wrote:
    "WVV" wrote:
    "Toss2Moss84" wrote:
    National TV
    At Lameblow
    Rookie Season
    First Start

Moss who?
    I could tell you if you'd like.
    why are we talking about plants?? this thread is about our beloved tjack, not some plant
    ;D gees, i swear you guys have trouble staying on subject.
    :P
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

It's late Monday evening and I still don't see Childress' press conference up on the official Vikings.com. Usually that conference is held at noon and up by 6 p.m. or so. Didn't he hold one or what. I figured when I saw the title of this thread that was where it was coming from.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

I think alot
    of you are expecting WAY too much from Jackson in this game.

It seems some of you are expecting 5 passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs, 1 kickoff return TD, and possibly an INT TD while he's on defense.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast