Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: TJ to start

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: TJ to start

"Del" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Lol, how did Del own me? He basically said I dont have the right to critisize Childress because I dislike him, and did when he was with the eagles. Thats completely irrational but im not going to agrue about it. If you think thats owning, well whatever makes ya happy.

Back to the thread. What injury did TJ have that required surgery?
    I said a whole lot more but you as usual you did not respond because you aint got pooh.

Nasty habit you have there that does not go unoticed.

At least I am not the only one that noticed that he posts garbage and then doesn't respond or back up his posts and then a few days later will post the same crap.

Thanks for challenging his posts!

And OWNED was the right word!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Del" wrote:
    Nevermind I found it.

He doesn't line up under center.
    He's played behind a great o-line.
    He played on an option team.

He wont be succesful in the NFL. Write it down, come back in 2 years and accept defeat. The guy will be a flop.
    ~ DEL RIO

floop me sideways. Don't listen to a word I say, oh and you didn't wait two years to come back you bastage.

I started thinking wait a minute did I say that..........I don't think I did.........better check. I did indeed say that.
    Technically, Del could be right.
    Just because he is successful this year he could flop next year and be done...and Del's prediction will ring true.

PurpleAndy is offline Starter

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=20487.0 was that thread in case anyone wants to take a trip down memory lane. I recall now that Ultra wasn't too keen on Young either.

Regardless, we've got our guy now and I really hope he lights up Lambeau tomorrow. Now all we need is someone for him to throw to.

"PurpleAndy" wrote:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=20487.0 was that thread in case anyone wants to take a trip down memory lane. I recall now that Ultra wasn't too keen on Young either.

Regardless, we've got our guy now and I really hope he lights up Lambeau tomorrow. Now all we need is someone for him to throw to.
    Your right and I still am not.

I would not call his career successful just yet either.

Fluke is more like it.

PurpleAndy is offline Starter

We'll see what happens.

I sure wish we could get a few flukes around here though.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    Nevermind I found it.

He doesn't line up under center.
    He's played behind a great o-line.
    He played on an option team.

He wont be succesful in the NFL. Write it down, come back in 2 years and accept defeat. The guy will be a flop.
    ~ DEL RIO

floop me sideways. Don't listen to a word I say, oh and you didn't wait two years to come back you bastage.

I started thinking wait a minute did I say that..........I don't think I did.........better check. I did indeed say that.
    OMFG the sky is falling, Del Rio has admitted to being wrong, everyone gather around and take a picture!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "PurpleAndy" wrote:

Fluke is more like it.
    I got to disagree on that one, its take alot for a fluke. A Fluke is more like missing a easy field goal in the NFC Championship when you havn't missed one all year, yes fluke.

The guy has won like five out the last six or something, he's doin well. Far from a fluke. To consistent for a fluke but he has had some help from his teamates.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "PurpleAndy" wrote:

Fluke is more like it.
    I got to disagree on that one, its take alot for a fluke. A Fluke is more like missing a easy field goal in the NFC Championship when you havn't missed one all year, yes fluke.

The guy has won like five out the last six or something, he's doin well. Far from a fluke. To consistent for a fluke but he has had some help from his teamates.
    I would hold off on the crowning.
    5 of 6 does nit qualify him for the career successful label.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Childress hitches future to raw rookie[/size]

The rookie coach will have to mold Tarvaris Jackson, his "piece of clay," even faster than anticipated.

Kevin Seifert
    Last update: December 20, 2006 – 10:34 PM

if Jackson's performance tonight in Green Bay and Dec. 31 against St. Louis mandates another year or more of development -- the Vikings will be forced to find another short-term fix at the position next season. Such an exercise would either push the inevitable transition into Year 3 of the Childress regime or result in some uncomfortable growing pains if Jackson is thrust permanently into the lineup too soon.
    NFL teams transition to young quarterbacks in two ways. High draft picks often find themselves pushed into the lineup midway through their rookie seasons. Arizona's Matt Leinart, Tennessee's Vince Young and Denver's Jay Cutler followed that path.

The trio has a combined 11-13 starting record this season. Each has experienced growing pains, none got his first victory before his third start and Cutler is the only one in serious playoff contention.

The nature of the position forces most teams to devote longer gestation periods to a young quarterback, no matter how much regard they have for him. And make no mistake: The Vikings placed Jackson in this latter category not long after the draft, and there was no indication they planned to accelerate that plan until backup quarterback Brooks Bollinger injured his left shoulder Dec. 3.

Had the Vikings believed Jackson was ready to play at some time this year, it's hard to believe they would have pursued free-agent quarterback A.J. Feeley and then traded for Bollinger 12 days before the season began. Childress made clear on several occasions that he preferred not to play Jackson at all in 2006, but he had no other options upon deciding to bench Johnson.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112