Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: TJ, Sharper, and Mcaully

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I'm not surprised. This is typical Vikings play in pressure-packed situations. Fold like a house of cards! Does anyone still think TJ is our QB of the future?
    I do. Our line needs to get their heads out of their asses and play consistently. Sure TJ threw some bad passes and it seems he tends to throw the ball low at times but our line contains some vets that are not playing to their abilites.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    how bout blaming henderson for just watching cooley run by..or dwight smith, isntead of being in his cover 2 spot, he ran up towards the line of scrimmage instead of staying back where he shouldve been

tahts why cooley got that wiiide open TD..sharper was covering his side of the field

and the mccauley thing, well i said not picking up a solid veteran CB to play opposite of winfield would hurt us..even griffin was getting beat on some easy moves by receivers

From what i've heard doesn't EJ only drop back 10-15 yards and release the TE?

It would then be Sharper's assignment?

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"V4L" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    how bout blaming henderson for just watching cooley run by..or dwight smith, isntead of being in his cover 2 spot, he ran up towards the line of scrimmage instead of staying back where he shouldve been

tahts why cooley got that wiiide open TD..sharper was covering his side of the field

and the mccauley thing, well i said not picking up a solid veteran CB to play opposite of winfield would hurt us..even griffin was getting beat on some easy moves by receivers

That is true.
    On the other hand henderson was watching Collins after 5-10 yards which made Collins job so much easier.
    Looking at it more now this morning i see a great play by a quarterback, Collins seen Henderson turned around so he staired off the safety until cooley had everyone beat and then Collins delivered the ball.
    Good execution on the redskins offense and great job by Collins.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"PackSux!" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:

That is true.
    On the other hand henderson was watching Collins after 5-10 yards which made Collins job so much easier.
    Looking at it more now this morning i see a great play by a quarterback, Collins seen Henderson turned around so he staired off the safety until cooley had everyone beat and then Collins delivered the ball.
    Good execution on the redskins offense and great job by Collins.

Yah I saw it

Also Cooley is a very good tight end.. It is tough to cover him

Even if it was EJ's assignment it was be dumb to try to have EJ cover someone with his speed all the way down field

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Despite giving up two TDs, Vikings rookie cornerback Marcus McCauley played OK[/size]

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 12/24/2007 10:41:28 PM CST

Upon further review, Vikings cornerback Marcus McCauley didn't play as poorly as it might have appeared......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

You guys all make me laugh,,,,Thanks.....

Plan and simple,

EJ is to cover the TE
    coming into the middle, only for the first 10 to 15 yards,
    once Cooley got behind EJ, it was Sharpers job to see this and cover from that point on...But like Marr said, Sharper bit on the head fake, and got burned.....EJ didn't get burned, how often do you see a LB 20 -30 yards downfield, covering a TE or WR.......Nadda....
    At least someone is awake this moring.
    ;D

Trust me Marr, I know my X's and O's.......I just don't get into them alot here on PPO......I enjoy watching you all try to figure it out...

And I'll say this now,

Poor play calling,
    lack of making a quick and early adjustment to what the Skins put in front of our O.

And the fact that TJ and our WR's are our weekest link on the O....Is the biggest reasons we got our A S S ' s

handed to us in the first half.....
    [img width=450 height=569]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/ChildressZygiPRessConference_Large.jpg[/img]
    Instant classic.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

Plan and simple,

EJ is to cover the TE
    once Cooley got behind EJ, it was Sharpers job to see this and cover from that point on...But like Marr said, Sharper bit on the head fake, and got burned.....EJ didn't get burned, how often do you see a LB 20 -30 yards downfield, covering a TE or WR.......Nadda....
    ;D

Trust me Marr, I know my X's and O's.......I just don't get into them alot here on PPO......I enjoy watching you all try to figure it out...

And I'll say this now,

Poor play calling,
    lack of making a quick and early adjustment to what the Skins put in front of our O.

And the fact that TJ and our WR's are our weekest link on the O....Is the biggest reasons we got our A S S ' s

You gotta admit the 4 LB scheme and the use of an extra T that shifted like a TE was pure genious.
    I still am not sure how I would have dealt with the extra T.

6 Weeks ago the local Skins buffoooonnnnsss were calling for Gibbs head.
    Now today he is a Genious.
    I hate the Skins but that guy can still flat out coach.

In this case he outcoached ours...... :'(
    Screen Pass.

I will admit I have been a fan of the conservative playcalling, looks like I was wrong again. Smash mouth did not work at all and the turnovers prevented any kind of offensive rhythm from happening in the first half.
    I like a screen pass as well, however, what alot of people don't seem to comprehend with running a play like that is that it is very complex, timing is critical and your OL, RB and QB need to all on the same page to make one work.

Very hard to do as well as a very risky play if

a) the OL doesn't hold thier block, release and get into the play correctly.
    End result could be a sack for a large loss, QB gets hurt or your RB gets undercut and INT.
    b) The RB doesn't get to his correct spot. End result QB throws to a hole or D is there to INT.
    c)
    The QB doesnt' make a good throw, INT, fumbles the ball if he is sacked, throws backwards, etc etc etc.

Long story short, alot of people tout a screen pass as the solution when really just pulling a guard or running a sweep is every bit as effective and a hell of alot less risky.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

Plan and simple,

EJ is to cover the TE
    ;D

And I'll say this now,

Poor play calling,

[img width=450 height=569]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/ChildressZygiPRessConference_Large.jpg[/img]
    Instant classic.
    I'm sure he'll find a top position for you on his staff

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567