Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Is TJ Really the revolution for the next big vikings QB?

I really liked the way that TJ looked in the game against the steelers plus he had great stats I think when B.Johnson retires this guy will lead us to the superbowl and win it.

Re: Is TJ Really the revolution for the next big vikings QB?

It doesnt matter if a pro-bowl or a back-up QB takes us to the SB and WINS as long as we win the gosh darn thing.
    Who ever takes the vikings to the promise land will be good enough for me.

As far as TJ, I like him, I think there is a lot of promise in his future.
    He could be the starter next year or two years from now, I think childress and the rest of the vikings made a great pick with him and I hope he has a great career here in MN.
    You republican whore!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Alharrissuks91" wrote:
    I really liked the way that TJ looked in the game against the steelers plus he had great stats I think when B.Johnson retires this guy will lead us to the superbowl and win it.
    you mean you think he'll lead us to another superbowl after BJ leads us to one first?
    =D

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

miakurtzy07 is offline Starter

I definately agree. TJ has a ton of potential to be the quarterback of the future for the Vikings. He has good presence in the pocket but knows when to run. He also has a strong arm and makes smart reads of the defense. He obviously knows and is comfortable with the defense and he's not bad to look at either. As soon as I pay off my Longwell jersey I'm getting a T. Jackson!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

As early as it is, I really think he has a good chance to be.Obviously none of us are running out and buying T-Jack jerseys,and with good reason.However he has shown great strides very quickly.But when you strip him down, he seems like he has alot loss to learn at a pro level rather then
    say Cutler, or Vince IMO.He played at a HIGH level, competeing against lower level talent.His main adjustment coming into the NFL is to take what he did at Southern Alabama, and do it against the pros.All the physical tools are there, hes got a great release, he sees the field,dosnt get too run happy (ala Vick) and so far he looks like hes gonna be the future.We'll see as we journey on.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Let me bid in with a cliche. 'Only time will tell'.

At this point he has shown some fine potential, and I think he might be somebody someday. But what will happen when he catches a bad run and hits an interception or two. He has to be able to bounch back and be a leader in a situation like that before he can be really good. Or at least lets let the kid win a game for us before we put him in the HoF

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni

Way, WAY too early to tell.
    Physical tools appear to be solid; love how he throws, both with touch and velocity.
    Mental preparedness seems evident as well; confident, seems to be a solid leader.
    Simply too early, Childress et al obviously liked what they saw...to this point, so should we.
    Cautiously optimistic, the ESPN gang criticized the Vikes for not having a mobile QB to run the West Coast offense, especially Steve Young and Michael Irvin...certainly TJack fits the mobility bill.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

sodaknick is offline Starter

Before the preseason, I had no idea he could run like that! And he throws a very good ball. I agree that it's a bit early to prognosticate , but he reminds me a lot of Steve McNair, another DII qurterback (Alcorn State). I think the Vikes made a wise choice.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Obviously, I'm going to make a post or two or twenty in this thread cuz he's my BOIIIII and all
    ;D

We all "know" he has a strong arm, and one would assume that
    it's stronger than BJ. HOWEVER, is it accurate when he's throwing the long bomb? You can get away with stuff in DII that you can't in the pros, obviously. That has yet to be seen. Good thing we don't NEED the big plays as in the Tice-Era, but every team needs to be able to heave it every now and then. We haven't seen this ability from him yet. It's only been two preseason games, and he's going in for the exposure/experience, not necessarily the win. Understandable. I'll reserve complete HoF judgement till I see him throw one deep. He'll learn and grow under BJ and family, however I don't want him starting until he HAS to, or it's his time. And Folks, it aint his time.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

He has certainly silenced the doubters, simply by doing everything right and excelling in all aspects of the game. The only possible knock on TJ is his youth, and some would consider that a strength. Experience will come, as long as we are patient with him. I liked how we stuck with Daunte through his growing pains. I hope Childress will do the same with TJ.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast