Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TJ Progression

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: TJ Progression

I had read all the stuff you posted Singer but there is virtually nothing there from major national writers not only on TJ but darn little on the Vikings themselves.
    No offense to you, I know you post it all. I was just wondering if I had missed something.
    Today's piece you posted from the Mankato newspaper is about the best I've seen this year.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I think a couple things that can be heard start with interviews and how thats changed since last season and the one before. He's getting more comfortable with being the "guy", I think they are doing well in preparing him for that.

I also like to think his Work Ethic has been outstounding, he's worked on more than just his mental game, there was a report out of Tom Shaw's camp that Tarvaris was bench pressing 405 pounds and clocked a 4.54 40 Time. Tom Shaw called his numbers "freaky". Tom Shaw's camp was a great example of "wanting it", he and Bernard teamed up down in Orlando to put in some extra work.

I like the way Tarvaris thinks, alot can be said from an interview. Also how he's conducted himself throught the Favre questions and the media pressure. Right now Tarvaris is saying all the right things, he struggled in National Televised Games last season and gets a early shot to put that to rest.

Last years training camp did not include a long pass from Tarvaris untill aprox practice #7, this training camp Tarvaris has been on the money down field several times with his new weapons and experience.

In the end I think its important to see the Passion Tarvaris has for the game, above all I think this is the most important aspect and what Drives him into become the QB he was meant to be.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

What it boils down to is he is a big mystery and will continue to be one until he gets on the field and faces first string defenders from different teams.

What we do know is that the team around him is one that the FO wants and there will be no excuses that can be blamed on the previous regime.

The coaches and team have provided us with the company line, which is to be expected but that all means very little in the grand scheme of things. The test will be when he is under constant pressure and how he performs under it and unfortunately we all will have to wait until kickoff for that to become evident.

I am hoping his upside is huge and that we go all the way this year. IMO the NFC is wide open if we put the right team together and the AFC is as vulnerable as they have been in years.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    What it boils down to is he is a big mystery and will continue to be one until he gets on the field and faces first string defenders from different teams.

What we do know is that the team around him is one that the FO wants and there will be no excuses that can be blamed on the previous regime.

The coaches and team have provided us with the company line, which is to be expected but that all means very little in the grand scheme of things. The test will be when he is under constant pressure and how he performs under it and unfortunately we all will have to wait until kickoff for that to become evident.

I am hoping his upside is huge and that we go all the way this year. IMO the NFC is wide open if we put the right team together and the AFC is as vulnerable as they have been in years.
    Exactly! But you & I know some fans here are going to expect perfection rather than
    what should be expected which is progress.

I know damn well there will be a "Start Frerotte" or "Start Booty" thread started the very second T-Jack gas his first bad play.

I made damn sure Garland wouldn't start a T-Joke thread by giving him tix to the game, LOL!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Exactly! But you & I know some fans here are going to expect perfection rather than
    what should be expected which is progress.

I know damn well there will be a "Start Frerotte" or "Start Booty" thread started the very second T-Jack gas his first bad play.

I made damn sure Garland wouldn't start a T-Joke thread by giving him tix to the game, LOL!
    It depends on how you define progress and also how the rest of the team performs. If the line is as porous as it has had a tendency to be I don't expect much from him. If he has ample time to make reads and executes them properly but balls are dropped it will be unfair to blame him. If he misses reads and makes bad decisions on a regular basis that cost us games the heat will be on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12