Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TJ Progression

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

TJ Progression

Has anyone found a write-up written by an "outsider" (not a Viking fan or local newspaper) like ESPN or another major football source on how TJ stacks up this year in training camp compared to last year?
    I've been looking but haven't really found such a write-up. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I appreciate all of the local write-ups and maybe they are even better than what the national press is saying but I just haven't found much other than if the Vikings are going to do anything this year TJ has to do better.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: TJ Progression

Kevin Sieffert had made some comments back during OTAs about how much improved TJack looked this year over last.
    But he is only 1/2 an outsider since he was with the Strib last year, and now with E SPN.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

There will probably be a "ton" of comments on him by the national press after the Seachicken's game.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Personally, I'd like to see Jackson get more than just a series or two of playing time tomorrow night, but it's just wishful thinking on my part.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    There will probably be a "ton" of comments on him by the national press after the Seachicken's game.
    I think that's it. I havn't seen much articles about vikings training camp ( well except the one from the region etc ) and if that was, half of it was about Favre...
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Ragnarok" wrote:
    Personally, I'd like to see Jackson get more than just a series or two of playing time tomorrow night, but it's just wishful thinking on my part.
    Yeah it is, but hopefully by week 3 or 4 we'll see atleast the first half.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He needs a hell of alot more PT in preseason than he did last year. In the end he will certainly be better than last. The question is how high the ceiling is on his development.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Kevin Sieffert had made some comments back during OTAs about how much improved TJack looked this year over last.
    But he is only 1/2 an outsider since he was with the Strib last year, and now with E SPN.
    And he still lives in Minny, so he is still gonna be perceived as biased....totally correct, but biased nonetheless.
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I am looking forward to seeing Tarvaris and all our players. I really want to see Gus and Booty too. I just hope the game is on down on TV, here in northern Mexico (Texas).
    :

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Has anyone found a write-up written by an "outsider" (not a Viking fan or local newspaper) like ESPN or another major football source on how TJ stacks up this year in training camp compared to last year?
    I've been looking but haven't really found such a write-up. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I appreciate all of the local write-ups and maybe they are even better than what the national press is saying but I just haven't found much other than if the Vikings are going to do anything this year TJ has to do better.
    I have posted several articles, some biased, some not. Check for the recent threads & in the Vikings Training camp recent updates thread. Also there was an ESPN thread I posted in the offseason;

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=46871.0

This is what they had to say;

Judging by camp drills, QB Tarvaris Jackson will be more accurate than last year. Especially if the league institutes a no-rushing-the-quarterback rule.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast