Formo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Is TJ covering punts

"C" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something
    It's like he doesn't understand that if he played well the past 2 seasons he'd still be the starter.
    Seems to think he deserves the spot rather than trying to get better and earn it.
    Probably Childress' fault for coddling him so much and doing everything in his power to hand him the job the past couple years.
    +1
    Yet all reports from the locker rooms say he's one of the first guys in to practice and one of the last guys to leave...

It's interesting how vague thoughts can form into opinions with little-to-no merit behind them... and then people +1 them.
    I was actually +1 the part where Chilly coddled him so much, giving him a more of a entitlement mentality.

But regardless, he's still a big part of our team, so I don't see why him going in on a 'trick' punt formation could upset him.
    Which it obviously has.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

"C" wrote:
    It's interesting how vague thoughts can form into opinions with little-to-no merit behind them... and then people +1 them.
    By the way, where do we go to turn in our +1's?
    I was hoping to cash out a few, you know, to help with the rent.
    Do we talk to Webby about that?
    Or do we have to track down the people that gave them to us individually?
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=53347.msg998634#msg998634 date=1253726280]
    Wow jackson.....

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something
    It's like he doesn't understand that if he played well the past 2 seasons he'd still be the starter.
    Seems to think he deserves the spot rather than trying to get better and earn it.
    Probably Childress' fault for coddling him so much and doing everything in his power to hand him the job the past couple years.
    +1
    Yet all reports from the locker rooms say he's one of the first guys in to practice and one of the last guys to leave...

Kind of like your claim that he is with Favre learning/studying during the games that we all seemed to miss but you.
    Still waiting for you to post those shots.
    It's on a friend's DVR... I'm on his schedule. But he reads PPO (not a member) and we discussed how everyone states Jackson is never looking over the playbook, yet it was clearly on TV.

Honestly, not sure how you and everyone missed them. I continue to watch the games when our defense takes the field though.
    [/quote]

So let me ask you are you implying that no one here on PPO other than you watches the game when the Viking Defense is on the field?
    Like I stated, I am watching throughout and take my fridge or piss breaks during the commercials.
    Now,. granted I maybe chugging a few beers back when watching but it's funny how I have seen Sage studying with Favre on multiple occasions but have yet to see TJ studying wiht him.
    I did notice TJ with Favre one time during this past game but there were no books or pictures.
    Maybe they were talking about the game or whatever.
    What concerns me is you say you saw it many times yet no one (not even the TJ supporters) other than you are saying it.
    Are you sure you are watching the same games?
    Maybe you are watching the Ravens or something.
    ;D
    I'm just giving you crap CMac.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Wow jackson.....

And this comment

+1

Kind of like your claim that he is with Favre learning/studying during the games that we all seemed to miss but you.
    It's on a friend's DVR... I'm on his schedule. But he reads PPO (not a member) and we discussed how everyone states Jackson is never looking over the playbook, yet it was clearly on TV.

Honestly, not sure how you and everyone missed them. I continue to watch the games when our defense takes the field though.
    [/quote]

Tell me where it is.
    I still have it on DVR and I will take a photo.
    Give me quarter and time.

My DVR is setting 10 ft from me.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    [quote author=ItalianStallion link=topic=53347.msg998638#msg998638 date=1253726499]
    Wow jackson.....

And this comment

+1

[/quote]

Tell me where it is.

[/quote]

I wouldn't expect a response if I were you, it hurts his argument.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Everything else aside, I really didn't read anything bad into what jackson said. In context, if you had been demoted, replaced or whatever and some snot nosed reporter put a mike to your face and asked a question like that I would have more than likely been less diplomatic in response.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    [quote author=ItalianStallion link=topic=53347.msg998638#msg998638 date=1253726499]
    Wow jackson.....

And this comment

+1

[/quote]

Tell me where it is.

[/quote]

According to CMac it is several times not just one.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    He made a ~messed up~ up comment. Not sure what to think about it. Kinda has an attitude IMO.
    "Do I really have to cover a punt?" he said Monday when asked about his debut on special teams. "I guess the more you can do."
    Could be in a jokingly manner. I mean, the kid has to understand that he's really not in a positition to make these kinds of statements.

Anyway, that does make for a decently scary punting formation. We did the same thing with Flynn one time. It was supposed to be a pass, but he pulled it down and scrambled for the 1st down. Nothing gets you more pumped up that converting a fake FG/punt. Lol.
    Flynn is a horribly under rated athlete.
    I saw him while I was at LSU for grad school, loved how he played.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    Sir Ultra I did watch the game but thru dvr (always miss 1st hour due to church) always FF to catch up mustve missed this play
    Sorry to come across as an ass.

Did not mean too.

FF over reality?
    Shame on you!
    Oh great now you will say we shouldn't base how good a plyer is based on their Madden rating

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234