Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

Re: Is TJ covering punts

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    He made a ~messed up~ up comment. Not sure what to think about it. Kinda has an attitude IMO.
    "Do I really have to cover a punt?" he said Monday when asked about his debut on special teams. "I guess the more you can do."
    Could be in a jokingly manner. I mean, the kid has to understand that he's really not in a positition to make these kinds of statements.

Anyway, that does make for a decently scary punting formation. We did the same thing with Flynn one time. It was supposed to be a pass, but he pulled it down and scrambled for the 1st down. Nothing gets you more pumped up that converting a fake FG/punt. Lol.
    +1 on that

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something
    I'm just confirming but you ARE a Jackson supporter, right?
    I'm not trying to be an ass here just showing that you are always open minded
    ;D

Lol yes I am

I just don't like what he's been doing so far this season

Little attitude adjustment and learning from Favre would do him some good
    Truth be told I can understand his frustration but at the same time he should be using this to his advantage.
    All the pressure is off of him.
    It gives him time to grow and develop more.
    If the time should arise he should be ready to go and prove everyone wrong.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Wow jackson.....

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something
    It's like he doesn't understand that if he played well the past 2 seasons he'd still be the starter.
    Seems to think he deserves the spot rather than trying to get better and earn it.
    Probably Childress' fault for coddling him so much and doing everything in his power to hand him the job the past couple years.
    +1
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Formo" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Wow jackson.....

And this comment

It's like he doesn't understand that if he played well the past 2 seasons he'd still be the starter.
    Seems to think he deserves the spot rather than trying to get better and earn it.
    Probably Childress' fault for coddling him so much and doing everything in his power to hand him the job the past couple years.
    +1
    Yet all reports from the locker rooms say he's one of the first guys in to practice and one of the last guys to leave...

It's interesting how vague thoughts can form into opinions with little-to-no merit behind them... and then people +1 them.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

delviking is offline Starter

scary formation
    cause TJ could just as easily throw it as run it. so who knows till its tried in a game situation.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Wow jackson.....

And this comment

+1
    Yet all reports from the locker rooms say he's one of the first guys in to practice and one of the last guys to leave...

It's interesting how vague thoughts can form into opinions with little-to-no merit behind them... and then people +1 them.
    being first in and last out doesn't mean that he actively takes part in sideline discussions with Favre/Sage (Which we've seen quite clearly that he doesn't)

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Wow jackson.....

And this comment

+1

Kind of like your claim that he is with Favre learning/studying during the games that we all seemed to miss but you.
    Still waiting for you to post those shots.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Wow jackson.....

And this comment

+1

Kind of like your claim that he is with Favre learning/studying during the games that we all seemed to miss but you.
    Still waiting for you to post those shots.
    It's on a friend's DVR... I'm on his schedule. But he reads PPO (not a member) and we discussed how everyone states Jackson is never looking over the playbook, yet it was clearly on TV.

Honestly, not sure how you and everyone missed them. I continue to watch the games when our defense takes the field though.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"ejmat" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Wow jackson.....

And this comment

I'm just confirming but you ARE a Jackson supporter, right?
    I'm not trying to be an jiggly butt here just showing that you are always open minded
    ;D

Lol yes I am

I just don't like what he's been doing so far this season

Little attitude adjustment and learning from Favre would do him some good
    Truth be told I can understand his frustration but at the same time he should be using this to his advantage.
    All the pressure is off of him.
    It gives him time to grow and develop more.
    If the time should arise he should be ready to go and prove everyone wrong.
    I'm not going to read much into his comment, atleast not without any context to it.

I could see why a QB wouldn't want to be put on special teams, injuries being the biggest reason. The other reason being he's probably not very good at it and likely to make a fool of himself(insert joke here). It's a totally different skill set from playing QB.

All in all though I liked the move, gives other teams something to think about. It wouldn't work in every situation and if they do punt you would want to make sure it's out of bounds or high enough to force a fair catch. Team would look pretty bad if a returner took one all the way back with Tjack on the field.

I also liked the Lions counter move by having their special teams unit line up in a 3WR shotgun formation with the punter at QB before switching back to normal punt formation. If I were the coach I probably would have burned a time out there, I thought they were going for it.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:

It's on a friend's DVR...

LMAO.

Just make sure his dog doesn't eat it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast