Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Tired Of The Labor Dispute.

I'm just one little fan out of millions.

But I'm one of the guys that spends the money to make the NFL what it is.

Every player and owner is rich or wealthy by most fans standards.

So as a fan I have but one thing to say.

Get this settled or I will easily find other things to do.

Anyone else feel the same?
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Tired Of The Labor Dispute.

Preach on Doc.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1094265

Been saying it since they started this little debacle...

...too bad that we, as fans, won't actually stand together and legitimately threaten a boycott. That would end this silliness.

Caine

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I think both sides are to blame but as a fan...it's the owners fault.
    1. They didn't have to opt out of the contract. They had two more years in which to get something done but chose to risk the season.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1094265

+1

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Robison finds himself in the middle of the NFL storm

Robison's take on some of the issues on the table. Apparently the NFLPA needed some MN employees for jurisdiction purposes, so he has been hanging out in the hearings listening to the babble.

Surprisingly, he sees everything from the player's perspective.

That hearing has given Robison a lot of confidence that the mediation Nelson ordered this week while she deliberates further action was a step in the right direction for the players.

"I'd probably say I'm 85 percent confident. I really am," Robison told Orangebloods.com. "Being in the courtroom when the judge asked the NFL side important questions. That tells me she is really trying to figure out what argument the NFL has. I don't think she ever found that argument."

OWNERS STILL WON'T SHOW THEIR BOOKS: Robison said the owners still haven't come forward with any more information about how they are losing money despite a record year of revenue in 2010 ( earning a little more than $9 billion). Robison thinks the owners' unwillingness to provide a more compelling argument for the lockout - other than simply saying they are losing money - could be their downfall.
    "When you're in an industry like the NFL, and it makes $9.3 billion this and it's the most the league has ever made. And then the NFL is trying to say, 'Hey, we lost money.'

"Of course, we want to see where the NFL is losing money. Because they are telling us they lost money. We want to see that, because we don't believe that to be the case. It has to be worked out. I don't know if it will go back to the way it was, but there has to be compromise. It can't be a 65-35 split of the money in favor of their side."

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I wish I could say the same thing, but the fact is that I can't leave the nfl as a fan. No matter what happens, I can't find something else to do. I'll read articles and mock drafts until the thing is done.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1094392
    I wish I could say the same thing, but the fact is that I can't leave the nfl as a fan. No matter what happens, I can't find something else to do. I'll read articles and mock drafts until the thing is done.
    Your a sick sick man. You know how I know? I'm just as sick as you......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

On a side note.......

1. They didn't have to opt out of the contract. They had two more years in which to get something done but chose to risk the season.
    If I were to pick a side, I guess I would have to go with the owners mostly cause of the risk the have on the line.

Sure the players can get injured so that is a level of risk. The owners on the other hand have alot more involved than just that with respect to revenue they dole out each and every year.

In the end, the owners are the bosses. The players are employees. If the don't like what the owners are paying, vs the risk they are taking on the field, go find another damn job.

Regardless of what D-Satan says, this isn't a partnership. Its a Owner/Employee relationship. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094398
    Your a sick sick man. You know how I know? I'm just as sick as you......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

On a side note.......

If I were to pick a side, I guess I would have to go with the owners mostly cause of the risk the have on the line.

Sure the players can get injured so that is a level of risk. The owners on the other hand have alot more involved than just that with respect to revenue they dole out each and every year.

In the end, the owners are the bosses. The players are employees. If the don't like what the owners are paying, vs the risk they are taking on the field, go find another damn job.

Regardless of what D-Satan says, this isn't a partnership. Its a Owner/Employee relationship. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ahhh.. but the only reason the NFL is allowed to continue this monopoly is because of the partnership with the NFLPA via the CBA.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1094404
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094398

On a side note.......

Ahhh.. but the only reason the NFL is allowed to continue this monopoly is because of the partnership with the NFLPA via the CBA.
    Good point, however, until this year, you never saw the word "Partnership" in any of the documents.

Atleast nothing I can find with Google or Wiki.

Why now?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast