Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Time to stop tantalizing fans and take advantage of talent

[size=11pt]Time to stop tantalizing fans and take advantage of talent[/size]
    By JIM SOUHAN, Star Tribune
    Last update: April 27, 2009 - 12:15 AM
    Brad Childress talks about the Vikings fist round draft Percy Harvin of the University of Florida during NFL draft day party at Winter Park.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/43751922.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc: aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

Sound familiar C Mac?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Time to stop tantalizing fans and take advantage of talent

Wow. Have yet to read it, but I can tell you I like it already.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Rare is the NFL team that wins big without dynamic leadership from its coach and quarterback. For the Vikings to become a playoff threat, and not just a playoff participant, Childress will have to prove as adept at leading talented players as he is at acquiring them.
    Something he has not done yet... after 3 years...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Childress and Spielman -- with a financial assist from Wilf -- have built something close to a championship-caliber roster. If, that is, Childress and his quarterbacks are ready to take advantage of their advantages.
    That is a good point.
    I actually think that Childress has proven himself rather adept at coaching talented players.
    Every position except QB is solid with playmakers, and to a position they have either improved or we have brought in improvement.
    It all hinges on whether or not Sage or Tarvaris can put together a season.
    I am optimistic that one of them will, and that bodes will for Vikings fans this year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Childress and Spielman -- with a financial assist from Wilf -- have built something close to a championship-caliber roster. If, that is, Childress and his quarterbacks are ready to take advantage of their advantages.
    That is a good point.
    I actually think that Childress has proven himself rather adept at coaching talented players.
    Every position except QB is solid with playmakers, and to a position they have either improved or we have brought in improvement.
    I am optimistic that one of them will, and that bodes will for Vikings fans this year.
    I'm sure when the Browns went 10-6, people said Crennell was "adept" at coaching his players too.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

good read... you have to love how our team is taking shape... as fans we're lucky to have such talent on the roster.
    Yet, its a our curse to have to wonder if they'll be used correctly to take us to the next level.
    Either way, here's to an exciting 2009 season

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    That is a good point.
    I'm sure when the Browns went 10-6, people said Crennell was "adept" at coaching his players too.
    IMHO its kindof like comparing apples to oranges when one discusses coaching abilities of a HC vs a actual position coach.

I mean really, how much coaching do you actually think the HC does?

By the by, IMHO Coach Crennell has a pretty solid coaching reputation when one considers his body of work as a coach.
    His abilities as a organizer and leader of a coaching staff is what I consider suspect.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    That is a good point.
    IMHO its kindof like comparing apples to oranges when one discusses coaching abilities of a HC vs a actual position coach.

I mean really, how much coaching do you actually think the HC does?

By the by, IMHO Coach Crennell has a pretty solid coaching reputation when one considers his body of work as a coach.

His abilities as a organizer and leader of a coaching staff is what I consider suspect.
    :
    i don't agree with that... from what i hear in cleveland, his staff was a little suspect as well..

either way, i remember a HOF coach, named Cower who won a superbowl and the next year finished 6-10..

there are abberations everywhere in the NFL... look at Belichek.. he had an awful record in Cleveland, goes to NE and wins multiple superbowls...

it has more to do than coaching, it has to do with the draft and Front office just as much as the players and coaching...

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    good read... you have to love how our team is taking shape... as fans we're lucky to have such talent on the roster.
    Yet, its our curse to have to wonder if they'll be used correctly to take us to the next level.
    Either way, here's to an exciting 2009 season
    +1, well put.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I hope that if Sage or TJ are not the answer, we trade a 1st and 2nd to move up and nab a Star Qb like McCoy and CO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast