Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Time to start thinking offseason.

We're statistically eliminated from the playoffs after that loss. Time to make our offseason wishlists.

1. Wide Receiver.
    Questionable: Whether Williamson, Taylor, Robinson, Mcmullen, or Johnson will be part of this team next year.
    Possible answers: Drew carter, Kevin Curtis, Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn jr, Jeff Samardzija.

2. Offensive line
    Questionable: Whether Artis Hicks will be a backup or be gone. Is Ryan Cooke the answer?
    Possible Answers: Max Starks, Leonard Davis

3. Quarterback
    Questionable: Is Tarvaris the answer? Do we need a great QB in FA or just a veteran for backup duties.
    Possible Answers: Matt Schaub, Damon Huard, Byron Leftwich

4. Middle Linebacker
    Questionable: Will EJ be moved over to his old position to make room for Greenway? Will Napoleon be re signed?
    Possible Answers: Lance Briggs, London Fletcher, Cato June.

5. Cornerback
    Questionable: Will Smoot be kept around. Is Griffin the future at the other CB position?
    Possible Answers: Nate Clements, Asante Samuel.

6. Defensive end
    Questionable: The overall pass rush. Will Erasmus be better healthy next year? Will Kenechi be kept? Is Ray Edwards going to be moved into a starting spot?
    Possible Answers: Dwight Freeney.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Time to start thinking offseason.

Nice article bud...

We need help at WR in the worse way.. I wouldn't mind seeing us get:

1. Larry Fitzgerald..

I think that Hicks will still be here, whether he will be starting remains to be seen..

After tonights game, I would have to say that he is not totally ready for the NFL at this moment.. I wouldn't mind seeing us get Byron Leftwich, or Matt Schaub...

EJ will move back to MLB, and Greenway will start next season.. Harris will not be resigned imo...

Our pass rush will be much improved when James comes back healthy next year..

I am actually very happy that the season is coming to an end next week.. I am so sick of this season it is not even funny..

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

1. Matt Schaub
    2. Randy Moss
    3. Dwight Freeney
    4. Leonard Davis

High Draft Picks for:
    WR
    OL

This is based off of your list and my own little fantasy world.

Possible answers: Drew carter, Kevin Curtis, Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn jr, Jeff Samardzija.
    Ginn will not make a good NFL receiver IMO.
    Too small, too raw.
    He wouldn't be able to help us out right away as a receiver even if he did develop into a stud.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

too much for schaub, and he;s not great, TJACK will be out qb he looks good he jus nedds help from his recievers, i say bring in huard, proven backup and cheaper... trade smoot and willaimson and 3rd rounder for larry fitzgerald o and bring 84 back... dwight freeney is staying with the tag... and for lb id takee, june he'll be cheaper then briggs nd he's a good pass defender

Thanks josdin00

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"tb04512" wrote:
    too much for schaub, and he;s not great, TJACK will be out qb he looks good he jus nedds help from his recievers, i say bring in huard, proven backup and cheaper... trade smoot and willaimson and 3rd rounder for larry fitzgerald o and bring 84 back... dwight freeney is staying with the tag... and for lb id takee, june he'll be cheaper then briggs nd he's a good pass defender
    Ironically, that's the same thing some were saying about Drew Brees. The Dolphins said it, and look who they ended up with.

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    Ironically, that's the same thing some were saying about Drew Brees. The Dolphins said it, and look who they ended up with.
    Harrington is doing okay for them, but they gave too much for that backup they traded for.

I'd like:

1. A new head coach who isn't a stubborn pushbroom mustache having joke who think's he's too good to answer to the media

2. Some new management (personel especially)

3. New OC

4. A glimmering chance of hope that we won't be the same mediocre collapsing disappoinment like we have been this entire decade

5. Maybe a return to the Vikings I used to like, not this uber-conservative, boring team with ugly uniforms and cartoon horned helmets that I saw tonight. Wilf and Childress make Red and Tice look like a great combo.

We're not getting Schaub, Fitzgerald or anyone good, by the way. It's hard for Childress to sign talent with both thumbs up his arse.

XxS2TheEvoxX is offline Pro-Bowler

- Get an offensive minded head coach or a good offensive coordinator. Tomlin is a great defensive mind.
    - Sign a free agent wide receiver such as DJ Hackett, Kevin Curtis, or Ernest Wilford.
    - Sign an interior offensive lineman such as Vince Manuwai or Chris Dielman.
    - Draft a wide receiver in the first round -- I prefer Dwayne Jarrett over Ted Ginn, because we already have a burner with suspect hands. In the next couple of rounds grab a pass rusher, OT, and some secondary depth. If we pass up on a receiver in the first round, grab a possession receiver such as Dwayne Bowe in the 2nd.

What do you think Byron Leftwich is worth right now? I still think he'll be one of the better quarterbacks in the league and he's a personal favorite of mine. Consensus right now is that he's worth a 3rd rounder...

DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

I would love to get Byron Leftwich. I know his health is always questionable, but he's a very good QB.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast