Holmstrom is offline Rookie

The Time IS now!!!!!

Well, this is it. All the practice and studying and planning is done. All that we can do now is execute. The Cowboys are looking more impressive every minute as the Saints crush a Cardinals team who HANDLED the Vikings. Our lines STUNK IT UP against AZ and the Cards were dominated by a N.O. team who was shut down by the Cowboys D....

Every expert in the civilized world is picking the Cowboys, and it would make sense that one team who missed a bye goes through to the Super Bowl. Some team always picks up steam at the end and goes from wild card weekend to trophy presentation it seems like.

Are we gonna be rested or just rusted??? hard to tell, but it won't be long til we know. Will the Favre Experiment work out or will it all be for nothing. Can Brett take this group of young potential and dive through that narrow opening in a window that is shutting on our Super Bowl chances.

Our pieces are in place right now. Hall of Fame QB, two great running backs, nice receiving core, strong D, the team with most guys going Pro-Bowling. First round bye, a home game by which to gain momentum before going on to a championship game.

Are these Vikings gonna break through the histoy of postseason failures or just break our hearts AGAIN??? Are we going to finally win the big one or are we destined to be that team who NEVER wins one???

Everything we've been wating for since we first knew Favre and Adrian would be lining up in the same backfield has come to a head and it's now do or die time.

I said it after '98 but I get to say it again: If we don't win it now, we'll never win it!!!!

So, here we go. Final thoughts from Viking nation??? Who's got butterflies already??? Is our line gonna let us down when it counts or rise up??? Can our front four get after Romeo hard enough to bail out our weak secondary??? Will Favre be forced to do too much and have a meltdown??? Can we get the NFL's best running back juiced up, give him room to do what he needs to do, and shove all the shit talk right down Cowgirl nation's throat???? Will Chilly look like a deer in the headlights when the Cowgirls ratchet up the pain or will he prove himself to be the coach some seem to think he is and make the adjustments that win us the game???
    None

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: The Time IS now!!!!!

IDK bout the players but I'm getting stiff waiting for this game
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Re:The Time IS now!!!!!

Can't you have your wife or g/f take care of it for you??? If not just head to the restroom. :silly:
    None

LaBonBon is offline Rookie

"Who's got butterflies already??? "

Me! I've been sorta sick all week. I know it's silly but this team means so darn much to me. My Dad died in 1990. He was the world's greatest Vikes fan. He NEVER gave up on them. NEVER! He always BELIEVED! He would have just LOVED this team. I really believe he will be watching from heaven tomorrow. Go VIKES!!!! Throw off the disappointments of the past. The Twins did it--TWICE! You can do it, too!

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

She has but I'm figuring the only cure for this is gonna be dome in the dome after a vikes W.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

echizen20 is offline Rookie

Ok, i'm going to throw away my intelligence and just say what i want to say and what i feel will happen. We will win!!!! I have faith that everyone will get the job done. I can't wait to see our fresher more dangerous team put a ass whooping on those "invincible" Cowboros. Who cares what all the experts are saying about those Cowboros, they were all saying the same thing about the packers beating the cardinals and getting to the superbowl. Most also kept talking about how the saints this the saints that, losing 3 in a row, bla bla bla, the cards will probably whoop the saints, bla bla bla, and today the Saints whooped thier asses instead. The same thing are being said for the Vikes too, all i can say is all that talk is meaningless. And when the Cowboros play the Vikes tomorrow, our players will unleash all their emotion onto the field and smack those Cowboros. Geeeez, what were they thinking, that they were gunna come into our house and steamroll us??? Bwahahahaha, puh-lease!!!! All the cowboros fans will see their team get decimated all over the field, its gonna be a nightmare for them for the rest of their lives. Bwahahaha, how fun that would be. In case everyone forgot, we do have Adrian Peterson!!!!! Adrian!! if you can hear me, tomorrow, please run over all those cowboros defenders and go ahead break 100, 150, 200 yards! I know you're waiting for this day to come, the day you were destined to run all over these cowbungholes. I have faith you will secure the football and won't turn it over. And Brett, I trust that this season's play from you isn't a fluke. You shall continue to play like how you do at home in the dome and spread the ball around to our talented players. Those guys on defense, treat romo like how you treated Rodgers, play smart and tackle well. After all, my pyschic powers is telling me the Vikings will get to the superbowl this year. Its true! :woohoo: Who's with me? What??? You don't believe me? Pshhh you can kiss my ass then.
    Fear the Vikings. Peace out B)

ScottyFargo is offline Training Camp

I am right with you. I am real nervous that we won't win, but I think the Vikes can do it. I would love to see them dominate and make it a real debate as to who would be representing the NFC in the Superbowl this year. Odds look pretty tough though.

I remember this summer thinking I wouldn't even want to go to PGH, which is only 40 minutes from where I am, to see the Vikings get beat around by the Steelers.

Then when I heard the news that Favre would actually be leading the offense this year, it gave me the confidence that the Vikings were finally good enough to compete with any team in the league.

We had the piece of the puzzle that would finally make this team good enough to get over the hump.

I should still feel that way, but for some reason (mainly our offensive line) the few games we lost stands out in my mind more than the 12 games in which the Vikings were so impressive.

Maybe it's all the letdowns of years past and the negativity surrounding the Vikings in the media this week but I've got a bad case of the nerves already.

I can't wait to get it on and if we play our game and lean on each other, we can compete with and beat any team left in the tourney.

Go VIKINGS!!!!! Whip some Cowgirl ASS!!!!!
    None

LaBonBon is offline Rookie

"Maybe it's all the letdowns of years past and the negativity surrounding the Vikings in the media this week but I've got a bad case of the nerves already."

You noticed that, too, Holmstrom. I just left the PP website and it made me so depressed. It's as if the sports writers over there WANT the Vikes to lose. What a sorry excuse for "hometown" sports writers. It just ENRAGES me that they try to make THIS Vikes team responsible for past Vikes teams. Heck, most of our players weren't even born when the 1975 Hail Mary nightmare happened. I fully expect our beloved Vikes to win tomorrow but if they do not, it STILL has nothing to do with teams of the past.