Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Time to move Vikes up to No. 2 in power rankings

    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi.../78133572.html
    Marrdro's comments follow:

    A myriad of topics in here.
    One that piqued my interest was the "What player does PH remind you of" discussion.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Time to move Vikes up to No. 2 in power rankings

    Interesting bit about Harvin too, thanks for sharing.

  3. #3
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Time to move Vikes up to No. 2 in power rankings

    To me all the talk about how Manning has lead the Colts back from being down in the 4th quarter, just tells me that he played like crap in the first half.
    i.e. against the Texans, 110yds 2INTs in first half.
    Playing great in one half of a game is not my idea of a MVP.
    MVP is like Favre who plays a complete game and doesn't have to come back from huge deficits.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    135

    Re: Time to move Vikes up to No. 2 in power rankings

    gagarr wrote:
    To me all the talk about how Manning has lead the Colts back from being down in the 4th quarter, just tells me that he played like crap in the first half.
    i.e. against the Texans, 110yds 2INTs in first half.
    Playing great in one half of a game is not my idea of a MVP.
    MVP is like Favre who plays a complete game and doesn't have to come back from huge deficits.
    I watched most of that game and the Texans came out in the second half without the fire they had in the first thirty minutes. It was almost as if they had an "anti-pep talk" in the locker room. If they had kept up the first half intensity, Indy would have lost.

  5. #5
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Time to move Vikes up to No. 2 in power rankings

    Mike Bullock wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    To me all the talk about how Manning has lead the Colts back from being down in the 4th quarter, just tells me that he played like crap in the first half.
    i.e. against the Texans, 110yds 2INTs in first half.
    Playing great in one half of a game is not my idea of a MVP.
    MVP is like Favre who plays a complete game and doesn't have to come back from huge deficits.
    I watched most of that game and the Texans came out in the second half without the fire they had in the first thirty minutes. It was almost as if they had an "anti-pep talk" in the locker room. If they had kept up the first half intensity, Indy would have lost.
    Exactly, Manning needed the Texans to play poorly in the second half to have the success he did, because in the first half the Texans were rocking on both sides of the ball and Manning was playing piss poor along with the Colts subpar D.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  6. #6
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re:Time to move Vikes up to No. 2 in power rankings

    The Colts are a comeback team. They have been down 17 points in 5 of their wins. WTF. Who gets down that much?

    I think the Vikes are good they deserve the No. 2 looking at the season that we have put together. The completeness of the team over that time has been great. But one aspect has been lacking the last two games. I think the Special teams that was huge for us from the beginning has been lacking lately. We gave up a lot of return yards on the kick off to the Bears. It would be nice to keep teams between their 15 and 25 consistently again. The special teams is not quite as special as it was early on this season. JMHO!

  7. #7
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re:Time to move Vikes up to No. 2 in power rankings

    Marrdro wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi.../78133572.html
    Marrdro's comments follow:

    A myriad of topics in here.
    One that piqued my interest was the "What player does PH remind you of" discussion.
    Harvin?

    He is a .......

    WR

    Straight ahead runner (speed)

    Quick Burst runner

    Not a side to side runner but will side step on a dime without losing his forward momentum.

    Looks like a RB in his running stature/style

    Lastly he is a RB out of the backfield. I think he could do it if he had to, if the hole was there, he would bolt through it.

  8. #8
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re:Time to move Vikes up to No. 2 in power rankings

    He looked pretty darn impressive as a RB against the Bears on those 2 carries. Other than that though he's always just seemed like a WR and KR to me...but probably because that's what we're used to seeing.

  9. #9
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re:Time to move Vikes up to No. 2 in power rankings

    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    He looked pretty darn impressive as a RB against the Bears on those 2 carries. Other than that though he's always just seemed like a WR and KR to me...but probably because that's what we're used to seeing.
    Yes, those two runs were impressive, but where was he lined up?

    As a RB or a WR?

  10. #10
    molineviking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    506

    Re:Time to move Vikes up to No. 2 in power rankings

    I have no problem putting us ahead of the Colts in the power rankings, Their passing is a little better, They are first in Pass Yds. yet 31st in Rushing, We're 7th and 9th, Our D somehow gives up 2 more points a game, Yet we lead them in every other category except Int's.

    Manning, Wayne, And Clark might be slightly better than Favre, Rice, And Percy, Our run game is miles better, same with our Defense.

    Almost every TV football "Expert" picks either the Saints or Us as the best team, Even after Monday nights game, They say we're the most complete, balanced team (We knew that) Pats have 18 sacks, We have 40, I'm confident we would have put a lot more pressure on Brees than they did, The Saints certainly looked impressive though which is why I wouldn't put us over them, And all homer-ness aside, We are a complete team that I think could beat any team.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. USA today power rankings almost top 10 vikes
    By digital420 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 02:24 AM
  2. 2008 NFC Power Rankings - Vikes 8th
    By COJOMAY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 07:42 AM
  3. Early Power Rankings Have Vikes 25th...
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 02:14 PM
  4. Vikes moving up in the power rankings
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-21-2006, 10:27 AM
  5. Vikes Move Up In Power Rankings
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 09:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •