Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Is it time for Marty Ball?

"majek21kg" wrote:
    Hopefully the Childress era comes to an end soon, but I was trying to think of which available coaches would bring a system to fit our personnel.

1. Marty Schottenheimer
    2. Bill Cowher
    3. Brian Billick

Honestly anyone but the slow, and stubborn CHILLY(and I hate his stupid looking mustache)
    As much as I like Brian Billick, he and Childress seem to be cut from the same cloth as a HC, Billick has had his own problems finding a starting QB in Baltimore and he is stubborn too, but I think he would come back to Minnesota.

Cowher, I've heard on Sirius that he won't come back to coaching before 2010 because he's happy doing TV, but they have been wrong before.

Marty Schottenheimer gets close but never gets there. Not a big fan of Marty ball.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

What we need is Jason Garrett....

an innovator

I think he has a pretty good reputation of putting Qbs in position o be sucessful

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I saw the title and thought "Cool, they are going to make Marrdro the HC"

That gives me a direct line to bitch at the coaching and personnel decisions and also possibly to some free seats for the home games.

Wait, I need to rephrase that.

That gives me a direct line to compliment the coach on an extraordinary job and hopefully a connection to purchase tickets at fair market value for the home games.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"majek21kg" wrote:
    Hopefully the Childress era comes to an end soon, but I was trying to think of which available coaches would bring a system to fit our personnel.

1. Marty Schottenheimer
    2. Bill Cowher
    3. Brian Billick

Honestly anyone but the slow, and stubborn CHILLY(and I hate his stupid looking mustache)
    Well, I'm not sure what to think about the whole coaching change yet.
    Wasn't coach Frazier promised the position if Chilly got fired/retired?
    Maybe I'm mixing that up.
    The scenario I like is coaxing Cowher out of retirement.
    I also am intrigued by the Jason Garrett idea, but I think he may stick w/ the Cowboys since Jones can pay him a high salary anyway.
    Whatever happens, I hope it helps us win and get the new stadium.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Denny !!
    ;D ;D

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Cowher would be good, but I doubt he'll come back yet.
    Marty... give me a break... 25 years as a bridesmaid never getting to the alter.

Billick is my choice.
    He's gone to the SB with a power D and little O.
    Vikes are more balanced.
    He would take them over the top.

But since Chilly pulled the plug on the T-virus, I'm waiting to see what will happen now.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

I saw the title and thought "Cool, they are going to make Marrdro the HC"

That gives me a direct line to beeyatch at the coaching and personnel decisions and also possibly to some free seats for the home games.

Wait, I need to rephrase that.

That gives me a direct line to compliment the coach on an extraordinary job and hopefully a connection to purchase tickets at fair market value for the home games.
    Plus Marr could finally tell us how little the HC actually does.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Denny !!
    ;D ;D
    We let 'em off the hook!!!

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I know I pulled the 'same offense' out of my ass based on what you posted.

I was recalling an interview that I heard when he took the reigns and can't find a link.
    Well, even if you can't find that, there's no need to search for evidence of Tice's idiocy.

Remember the "Randy Ratio"?

=Z=
    I mentioned that, but, as is the case with meathead supporters, it was ignored.
    It just blows me away that anyone would want that guy as HC.
    If we were talking 0-line coach, I would be in support of it.
    HC?
    That's like putting the secretary in as CEO because she is really friendly and can type nice business letters.
    Everyone has a role, none are necessarily more important than others, they all have to function well in order to have a finely tuned machine.
    Never put a moron in charge of an organization, nothing good can come of it.
    Actually that article that I linked was the "Randy Ratio" article. In fact, here is the supposedly moronic statement that keeps getting brought up:

[size=10pt]The first assignment I gave Charlie Baggett, our receivers coach, was to count every ball thrown in Randy's direction in a game last year and look at the results. One thing that popped up in Charlie's eyes was that when we threw the ball in Randy's direction 40 percent of the time, we won 80 percent of those games. We only did that in five games, but we won four of those five. So we're going to shoot for that ratio with Randy this season.

We're going to have a lot of different ways for Randy to touch the ball. About all he used to run were vertical and deep in routes. But he's going to catch a lot more of those short, intermediate passes -- those dodge routes that used to be Cris Carter's forte. You're going to see him run comebacks, go vertical, come out of the backfield on little swing routes and even run reverses.
    [/size]

Now, all is said in that interview is that he had enough mental ability to go back and evaluate what worked and what didn't work in contributing to the teams poor record the previous year. If you can gleam out of that where he gave the gameplan away or somehow gave an edge to the competition in any way I am all ears. In the second paragraph he did talk about how Randy was going to be used in different routes than he was accustomed and if anything that supports the fact he was smarter than Childress because he not only figured out that there was a problem, but he actually changed things up with the star of the offense in order to have a more complete team.

Now you can feel free to take those paragraphs and show me the idiocy that I so blatantly missed and then give me an article that shows the brilliance of Childress that Tice lacked. I really need to see the light from where you are standing on it.

Lastly, do I want Tice back? No. I have said that before. He will never win us a SB and neither will Childress so I want him gone too. But to compare the two, what they had to work with and what the results were I would take Tice over childress any day if those were my only 2 picks. Had Childress been named coach at the time Tice was this team would have been the laughing stock of the NFL, probably about where the Dolphins were last year. Under childress we may go an a few nice winning streaks on occasion that will have his crotch sniffers posting that he has turned the corner and that the team is on it's way, but just like Tice he will get outthunk in the big games and we will never win a championship.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

screw marty ball, its time for Mooch-ball.

Talk Mariucci out of his deal with the NFLN and get him to come here and work his magic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast