eastcoastvikes is offline Starter

Time to look ahead

Ok, the Vikes took one on the chin this week, whatever is said the fact is that the game ended with the Vikes losing. Now the Vikes are 1-1, the question is what do the Vikes have to do to make that 2-1? To be sure the Bears are not the Iggles, however they are coming off a win vs. Green Bay so they are capable of pulling the upset. I believe it is important to get off to a quick start offensively. Which means PLEASE THROW IT DEEP! Establishing the run and short passing game is important, however the coaches and Cully must remember that they have to take a shot to stretch the Defense even more. Also, the second most important thing is to make Rex Grossman beat the vikes, not let Thomas Jones go for 100+. The run D has been solid but if there is a letup at all this week the vikes could be in trouble, I personally dont think this will happen and the Vikes will pull it off. Let's go Vikes!

Sig courtesy of josdin00

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Time to look ahead

If Adam Hayerr starts at RT again I don't think we'll have a chance to throw it deep with O-Gun in the backfield every play. We need to Blitz Grossman, and establish a running game to give Cully some time in the pocket, unlike MNF, where we abondoned the run after the first quarter.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Time to look ahead

If haayer starts at RT then we are going to have to have a moving pocket or have a ton of rollouts if we even think about throwing it deep! I know I've been harsh on haayer on many posts, but man he looked bad!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Del Rio Guest

Time to look ahead

He was thrown to the wolves on Primetime TV. In a hostile enviroment, with a fast pace game, against one of the best Pass rushing d lineups in the league.

He will do a lot better this week

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Time to look ahead

Let's hope so. Hey Del rio, I called a chicago sportsradio show yesterday to talk about the vikes and I said that I thought that Daunte looked good as well as the entire O we just shot ourselves in the foot. Then I said that having played in a hostile environment I thought we played a pretty good game, or something along those lines. Well the radio show guys said that by saying it was a hostile environment is a "defeatists attitude." They basically tore me a new one!! But then I went on and said that Moss is going to be out for revenge and they agreed!! Just thought I would share that with you since you talked about the hostile environment!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Del Rio Guest

Time to look ahead

Interesting, I wouldn't call it an inviting enviroment, but hey they have a radio show what do we know